Save the Adventurers Club

Mouse Detective

I have nothing useful to add to this conversation but I just have to say that I really love reading the posts from the AC lobbyists. You guys are more devoted than the Beastly Kingdom and anti-Meet-and-Greet crowds combined, which is saying something. I turn 22 in July, so I never got to enjoy Pleasure Island, but reading these threads give me a unique sense of nostalgia for something I never got to experience.

Too bad you missed the entire PI experience. It was an incredible place; for Adventurers Club and for the other places too. Check out these tv commercials from way back when:

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2011/05/pi-television-commercials-from-80s.html

Now you see why fans are so devoted.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have nothing useful to add to this conversation but I just have to say that I really love reading the posts from the AC lobbyists. You guys are more devoted than the Beastly Kingdom and anti-Meet-and-Greet crowds combined, which is saying something. I turn 22 in July, so I never got to enjoy Pleasure Island, but reading these threads give me a unique sense of nostalgia for something I never got to experience.

The AC was the purpose. Everything else was filler to give you something to do during the day until the AC opened it's doors each night.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My reply from Anna Brady (the only one that even responded from the list Master Gracey provided earlier) regarding my displeasure over the closing of PI:

Dear Mr. (unkadug),

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Although we understand your disappointment with the closing of the clubs on Downtown Disney® Pleasure Island, please know a tremendous amount of thought went into the decision to bring the bold new vision for Downtown Disney® Area to life. Taking the Downtown Disney® Area experience to the next level is consistent with our commitment to provide our Guests with new, exciting and one-of-a-kind experiences. As we look to the future, we are excited about the evolution that will occur, introducing a brand new mix of shopping, dining and other experiences for our Guests' enjoyment at Hyperion Wharf.

Our Guests' feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our products and services, are very important to us. We genuinely appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Sincerely,

Ana Brady

Guest Services

Walt Disney World Resort​

celluloid

My reply from Anna Brady (the only one that even responded from the list Master Gracey provided earlier) regarding my displeasure over the closing of PI:

Dear Mr. (unkadug),

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Although we understand your disappointment with the closing of the clubs on Downtown Disney® Pleasure Island, please know a tremendous amount of thought went into the decision to bring the bold new vision for Downtown Disney® Area to life. Taking the Downtown Disney® Area experience to the next level is consistent with our commitment to provide our Guests with new, exciting and one-of-a-kind experiences. As we look to the future, we are excited about the evolution that will occur, introducing a brand new mix of shopping, dining and other experiences for our Guests' enjoyment at Hyperion Wharf.

Our Guests' feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our products and services, are very important to us. We genuinely appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Sincerely,

Ana Brady

Guest Services

Walt Disney World Resort​

Another form letter much like, or exactly like the ones posted earlier in this thread.

71jason

Actually, I looked in last night and he's still standing there under the chandelier.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Are you sure? Heard Monday he and Babs specifically were gone--you can guess where.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Another form letter much like, or exactly like the ones posted earlier in this thread.

I wonder how they would respond if you incorporated one of their form letter responses into a letter to them. Something along the lines of:

Dear TDO,

Thank you for taking the time to read my communication to you regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Although I understand your understanding my disappointment with the closing of the clubs on Downtown Disney® Pleasure Island, please know that I realize a tremendous amount of thought went into the decision to bring the bold new vision for Downtown Disney® Area to life. I understand taking the Downtown Disney® Area experience to the next level is consistent with your commitment to provide your Guests with new, exciting and one-of-a-kind experiences. I also understand that as you look to the future, you are excited about the evolution that will occur, introducing a brand new mix of shopping, dining and other experiences for our enjoyment at Hyperion Wharf.

I realize your guests' feedback, as well as our continued enthusiasm for your products and services, are very important to you. However, just reopen The Adventurers Club and admit it was an epic mistake to close it. I genuinely appreciate the time you took to consider my thoughts.

Sincerely,

Hakuna

Repeat Guest

Walt Disney World Resort

Chewmonkey

Unfortunately....

We were in WDW about two weeks ago, and saw on of the regular actors from the AC working in the streetshow in the UK at EPCOT.

I talked to him about AC for a few minutes, and he told me that there is no hope,and the building is set for demolition in September.

kucarachi

i really dont get it. I've been to this adventures club on 2 different occassions a few years back and it was basic vaudeville type slightly raunchy insulting humour. I really, truly dont think it was walt's vision for drunk and almost drunk people to be walking the streets of downtown disney then getting into their cars and driving around highly concentrated foot traffic. We get it, some people can only have fun at other peoples expenses and with alcohol....i dont see how that has any place in disney world. And i would say disney thinks the same or you would have your little night clubs and late night hook up joints. It was low class, overpriced and i can bet it didnt help sell any DVC points to anyone. And i know there will be some gruff but will you people finally give it up and let disney make something for all of us to enjoy with our children, not someplace to get away from them.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
i really dont get it. I've been to this adventures club on 2 different occassions a few years back and it was basic vaudeville type slightly raunchy insulting humour. I really, truly dont think it was walt's vision for drunk and almost drunk people to be walking the streets of downtown disney then getting into their cars and driving around highly concentrated foot traffic. We get it, some people can only have fun at other peoples expenses and with alcohol....i dont see how that has any place in disney world. And i would say disney thinks the same or you would have your little night clubs and late night hook up joints. It was low class, overpriced and i can bet it didnt help sell any DVC points to anyone. And i know there will be some gruff but will you people finally give it up and let disney make something for all of us to enjoy with our children, not someplace to get away from them.

WOW...you REALLY didn't get it at all. :rolleyes:

lebeau

No, we get it. Some people are clueless. :rolleyes:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Next time stopping at "it" will suffice.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom