Save the Adventurers Club

Mouse Detective

If Disney leased the AC space to a 3rd party operator, brought back all or most of the artifacts and allowed the 3rd party to use AC's concepts, it's possible it could be brought back. But it would be risky to that operator because there is no guarantee enough people are willing to actually pay for that entertainment.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
2m284e0.jpg

This is fantastic! I didn't know that Hill Valley was staring a fund for the Adventurers Club! Maybe we can get Doc Brown to use that Delorean of his to go back to that night that Lansberry had his "bold new vision" and hit him in the head with Otis' polo stick, thus giving him amnesia and prevent this whole mess from happening.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

majortom1981

hmm

IF disney was smart they would let a 3rd party use the AC building. In NYC there sia resteraunt called the Jekyll and hyde club. Its pretty much The AC as a resteraunt. I think it would do very well in Downtown Disney (it does great in NYC) . Also from what I understand the person who originally opened it supposedly worked at the AC and thats where he got the inspiration to open this.

ps If you miss the Adventurers club and are in nyc i suggest going here. Food is a tiny bit on the expensive side BUT the actors rock.

Skipper Dan

IF disney was smart they would let a 3rd party use the AC building. In NYC there sia resteraunt called the Jekyll and hyde club. Its pretty much The AC as a resteraunt. I think it would do very well in Downtown Disney (it does great in NYC) . Also from what I understand the person who originally opened it supposedly worked at the AC and thats where he got the inspiration to open this.

ps If you miss the Adventurers club and are in nyc i suggest going here. Food is a tiny bit on the expensive side BUT the actors rock.

It's actually pretty pathetically obvious that they copied the Adventurers Club. I mean, check it out on Wiki'. It's hilarious. It's just they added a horror theme - which I highly disapprove of - and BOOM, they got their own AC. Wow, just... wow. :lol: :hammer:

Lee

Adventurer
It's actually pretty pathetically obvious that they copied the Adventurers Club. I mean, check it out on Wiki'. It's hilarious. It's just they added a horror theme - which I highly disapprove of - and BOOM, they got their own AC. Wow, just... wow. :lol: :hammer:

Clearly a copy....and yet, quite awesome. I had a blast at J&H, and would love to see one come to central Florida.

Not in such a way as to preclude the AC coming back, though...

Skipper Dan

Have you ever noticed, though, that everytime someone does something like that - trying to be Disney-esq - that they just never quite get it? I mean, even something as elaborate as J&H, still isn't right up to par, with the AC. Why is that? Lack of creativity, or funds?

Jerm

And i present another nail in the door of the club.....
5681128066_811ca1e24c_o.jpg

From the parks blog here http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/05/whats-on-the-menu-at-new-disneyland-hotel-restaurants-opening-may-25/?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY11DLR_SocMedBFB0011

Yes that is the same Ship in the Bottle from the back of the Club. Now that the pic is up a few of the other things that will be showing up in the new Trader Sams bar at the Disneyland Hotel from our beloved club will be things like a Jinkies cereal box, a letter from the club president, a canteen from our fav Jr. adventurer, a mini God with Rod, and the thing I can't wait to see the most......SLAPPY!!!!!!! There will also be a few other things popping up from the past of Disney in there, but those are the most important.

Oh all this info came to me from a little bird.....he may have been orange and he might also be sticking around the bar also!

Lee

Adventurer
First, it looks like I need to plan a trip to Anaheim.

Second, what CM wants to put in a bid for The Colonel for me?

wizards8507

I love when Joe Anybodies start their posts with "If Disney was smart..."

Freaking billion dollar idiots running this company.

[/sarc]

sakraft1

Whoever ends up with the Colonel would/should somehow share it with the rest of us. It would be a shame if he was squirreled away somewhere never to be seen by the public again.

Of course, whichever CM puts in the winning bid could put it up on ebay, sending him to parts unknown.

What I'd really like to see is a blog or something with the Colonel traveling all over the world in photos. Maybe he could visit Congaloosh tribe members. Tribe 827 would readily give the Colonel a blowout reception at our headquarters.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Auctioning off the Colonel? It really is over....Sayonara AC...Hasta La Vista...Adios...good bye....

Actually, it is far from over. My sources have told me that there were three Colonels, and this is only one. It is never time to give up the Ship in a Bottle folks, as long as the Club still stands, there is always hope!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Jerm

Actually, it is far from over. My sources have told me that there were three Colonels, and this is only one. It is never time to give up the Ship in a Bottle folks, as long as the Club still stands, there is always hope!

KUNGALOOSH!​

My sources told me there were only 2 and one of them went missing before the club closed. But I could see there being 3, the one being sold, the one went missing and the one being shipped to HKDL?

But the Ship in the Bottle is in Disneyland.........

I am a HUGE fan and just like you till the day they rip it all down I will still have hope, but at this point I would rather they rip it down then it sit there giving us all false hope................:cry:

asianway

My sources told me there were only 2 and one of them went missing before the club closed. But I could see there being 3, the one being sold, the one went missing and the one being shipped to HKDL?

But the Ship in the Bottle is in Disneyland.........

I am a HUGE fan and just like you till the day they rip it all down I will still have hope, but at this point I would rather they rip it down then it sit there giving us all false hope................:cry:

Sad fact is that the AC was done on the cheap - even in 1989 TDO was value engineering. Originally he was to be a AA figure. Imagine a living character Colonel in a new AC!

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
some CMs are only part time/seasonal. Some also might be out to get a heft ROI by reselling on Ebay. Either way, I've been told the auction has been pulled for an unknown reason.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Apparently Colonel Critchlow Suchbench has been pulled from the auction table and is currently in a safe location! I hear tell that this is part of a much more interesting story than we know as of yet.

KUNGALOOSH!​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom