Save the Adventurers Club

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Apparently Colonel Critchlow Suchbench has been pulled from the auction table and is currently in a safe location! I hear tell that this is part of a much more interesting story than we know as of yet.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Might it have something to do with Disney's 180 concerning Hyperion Wharf?

Thurp

I think some may enjoy this video from last night's Goofy's Time Machine Mystery Tour 2011.

The story revolves around Goofy going back to the WDW opening day and buying a Mickey icecream bar. That changed the future. Among the changes... the Adventurers Club is still open! WOOO! The audience, and Goofy, had a great reaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_bj5L3QUmE

Enjoy!

lazyboy97o

I think some may enjoy this video from last night's Goofy's Time Machine Mystery Tour 2011.

The story revolves around Goofy going back to the WDW opening day and buying a Mickey icecream bar. That changed the future. Among the changes... the Adventurers Club is still open! WOOO! The audience, and Goofy, had a great reaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_bj5L3QUmE

Enjoy!
All of this love for this attraction that Disney keeps pointing out exists, who is the bonehead standing there refusing to host another Open House?

Krack

All of this love for this attraction that Disney keeps pointing out exists, who is the bonehead standing there refusing to host another Open House?

Al_weiss_37318423_maintLarge.jpg

Meg_Crofton_RGB_0383MA_SM_19466_maintLarge.jpg

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Apparently Colonel Critchlow Suchbench has been pulled from the auction table and is currently in a safe location! I hear tell that this is part of a much more interesting story than we know as of yet.

KUNGALOOSH!​

I read somewhere that the Disney Archives claimed him. If so, there is an interesting story, but not a particularly helpful one, in all likelihood. The Archives (per Dave Smith himself on a tour two weeks ago) is supposed to get first crack at everything whose use is done, a policy that Bob Iger is said to very strongly support. If the Colonel was put up for auction and then claimed by the Archives, somebody didn't follow company policy. But that doens't indicate a future use being planned -- just that the Archives considers the Colonel to be an important piece of Disney history.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

To start off, let us recap the recent rumors going around about Merriweather's Island. According to recent rumors, Hyperion Wharf has been put on hold if not canceled; There is a movement for 3rd parties to put clubs back on Pleasure Island; The Adventurers Club puppet of Col. Suchbecnch recently went up for auction in a cast members only section on WDW only for a few days later to be removed from auction to be placed in a safe location; and many other positive rumors are surfacing every day!

King Bob of the “Save Pleasure Island” Blogspot has called all lovers of Pleasure Island to arms for one more letter writing campaign to the Executives of the Walt Disney Company imploring them to bring back our beloved nightlife capital of Walt Disney World! http://www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/

Many have started to respond to this new movement and recently Lee received this response from Ana Brady of Guest Services:

Dear Lee,
We appreciate the uniqueness of the email you sent to Tom Staggs and other members of our Leadership teams. We also appreciate your passion for the Adventurer’s Club and enthusiasm for our product offerings. We recognize that this ‘entertainment adventure’ was a unique experience and will certainly be missed by many loyal Fans, like yourself. Tom has personally spent a number of great evenings there and will miss it himself.
With that in mind, you will be happy to know that our Creative team is constantly exploring options for us to reintroduce the spirit of the Adventurer’s Club at our Walt Disney World Resort. It is too early to say when or in what form that might happen, but we will continue to look in the hope of finding the right opportunity.
Please also understand that a tremendous amount of thought went into our decision for the creation of a new vision for Downtown Disney®. As we look to the future, we are excited about the evolution that will occur over the next few years, introducing a brand new mix of shopping, dining and other opportunities for our Guests' enjoyment.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
Sincerely,
Ana Brady
Guest Services
Walt Disney World Resort

While many would think that this response will hamper out efforts, I say that we use this to our advantage. From here on out, copy/past this response into every e-mail and letter that is sent with a message reading along the lines of, “I am well aware of the canned response that has been drafted to respond to letters of this nature and since I took the time to write to you I would appreciate you taking the time to actually respond to this issue that will not go away until the Adventurers Club has been reopen on Walt Disney World property”. Also a nice stinger along the lines of,“ Reintroducing the spirit of the Adventurer’s Club is not the same as re-opening the Adventurers Club, which is what your customers are truly asking for” would hopefully get the point accross!

We are making progress Adventurers, with Hyperion Wharf on hold, this is the time to once again let the Disney Company here us singing the song of Adventurers, the song that is calling us back to home to 5189 Hill St. for another Hoopla!

And just so this information is easily accessable:

Walt Disney Company Executive Addresses:

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Peter Murphy
Personal Adviser to CEO Robert Iger
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521

Thomas O. Staggs
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
C/O Team Disney Building
500 South Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Al Weiss
President
Worldwide Operations
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
PO Box 10000

Jim Lewis
President
Disney Vacation Club
200 Celebration Place
Celebration, FL 34747

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
P.O. Box 10000

Walt Disney Company Executive E-mail Addresses:

Bob Iger, President& CEO, Walt Disney Company
Robert.A.Iger@email.disney.com

Keith Bradford, Vice President, Downtown Disney
Keith.B.Bradford@disney.com

John Lasseter, Chief Creative Officer of Walt Disney/Pixar, Principal Creative Advisor of Walt Disney Imagineering
jl@pixar.com

Meg Crofton, President Walt Disney World Resort
meg.crofton@disney.com

Thomas O Staggs, Chairman Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
Tom.Staggs@disney.com

Al Weiss, President Worldwide Operations - Disney Parks and Resorts
al.weiss@disney.com

Kris Piser, DTD Finance Manager
Kristine.piser@email.disney.com

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

KUNGALOOSH!​

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Not in the least. And, according to Bob at Save PI, 3rd parties wouldn't even need thier own liquor license, they could operate under an umbrella PI license.

I certainly am not an expect on Florida Liquor laws, but know enough about a few other states to know that that does not sound right at all. Most Entertainment Districts require a separate Liquor License for every venue, especially if separately owned.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I certainly am not an expect on Florida Liquor laws, but know enough about a few other states to know that that does not sound right at all. Most Entertainment Districts require a separate Liquor License for every venue, especially if separately owned.

yeah but this is Disney...they do what they want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom