Save the Adventurers Club

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It was low class, overpriced and i can bet it didnt help sell any DVC points to anyone. And i know there will be some gruff but will you people finally give it up and let disney make something for all of us to enjoy with our children, not someplace to get away from them.
When did the AC start promoting DVC? Was that a new thing before it closed?

I also don't see how you could say it was low classed. It had a maid and butler.....:cool:

71jason

We were in WDW about two weeks ago, and saw on of the regular actors from the AC working in the streetshow in the UK at EPCOT.

I talked to him about AC for a few minutes, and he told me that there is no hope,and the building is set for demolition in September.

Somewhat of an old rumor. Latest rumor is that the building will be repurposed--if they can find a tenant willing to pay $1m and 30% of their gross.

But I do think it's safe to say there is no hope of the Club returning to that building (or probably DTD in general). Credible sources have suggested there were/are blue sky plans for a version in AK or Adventureland, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

lazyboy97o

i really dont get it. I've been to this adventures club on 2 different occassions a few years back and it was basic vaudeville type slightly raunchy insulting humour. I really, truly dont think it was walt's vision for drunk and almost drunk people to be walking the streets of downtown disney then getting into their cars and driving around highly concentrated foot traffic. We get it, some people can only have fun at other peoples expenses and with alcohol....i dont see how that has any place in disney world. And i would say disney thinks the same or you would have your little night clubs and late night hook up joints. It was low class, overpriced and i can bet it didnt help sell any DVC points to anyone. And i know there will be some gruff but will you people finally give it up and let disney make something for all of us to enjoy with our children, not someplace to get away from them.
Walt never envisioned anything related to a theme parkresort either.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
i really dont get it. I've been to this adventures club on 2 different occassions a few years back and it was basic vaudeville type slightly raunchy insulting humour. I really, truly dont think it was walt's vision for drunk and almost drunk people to be walking the streets of downtown disney then getting into their cars and driving around highly concentrated foot traffic. We get it, some people can only have fun at other peoples expenses and with alcohol....i dont see how that has any place in disney world. And i would say disney thinks the same or you would have your little night clubs and late night hook up joints. It was low class, overpriced and i can bet it didnt help sell any DVC points to anyone. And i know there will be some gruff but will you people finally give it up and let disney make something for all of us to enjoy with our children, not someplace to get away from them.

Utterly ridiculous comments. They do not even warrant rebuttal.

:hammer:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

You're right. You don't get it. Which is fine. I don't get why people pay $400/night for deluxe resorts when they'll spend most of their time at the parks.

But just because you don't get the Adventurers Club and I don't get paying big money for deluxe resort rooms doesn't mean that those who DO get those things are low class, elitist, foolish, etc. If you don't get the Adv. Club, don't go. That why I don't stay in deluxe resorts unless the discount is huge.

And as to the last comment...I must agree. Disney is really overdue in making something enjoyable for parents and children together. I mean, once you get past 75% of the attractions in the theme parks, dozens of family-friendly restaurant options, landscaped pools with waterslides and playgrounds nearby, two huge waterparks with family rides and kids' areas, 4 mini-golf courses, shopping catered directly to the family, value-priced suites in hotels with giant cartoon icons, and family-friendly dinner shows, there's almost nothing at WDW for families to enjoy together. :mad: :rolleyes:

Did Knee

Why is it so necessary on the part of some people to impose their values on others? If you don't like it vote with your feet and don't go. But to come into a thread where supporters of the AC are pouring their hearts out and bad mouth it is just being nasty. You need to post an apology to all of us you have insulted, and do some praying about what it takes to be a good neighbor.

My parents brought me with them to The Adventurers Club and we all had a blast. :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Well this post certainly explains your self professed Occupation:

Occupation
Royal Pain In D Butt​

Mouse Detective

i really dont get it. And i know there will be some gruff but will you people finally give it up and let disney make something for all of us to enjoy with our children, not someplace to get away from them.

1. You definitely DON'T get it.
2. We've been waiting 3 years for Disney's bold new family friendly vision for PI and nothing has happened.

Lee

Adventurer
...will you people finally give it up and let disney make something for all of us to enjoy with our children, not someplace to get away from them.

Silly notion, but no. We won't give it up.:cool:

And by the way...what about those of us who neither have nor want children? Hmmm?

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Are you sure? Heard Monday he and Babs specifically were gone--you can guess where.

Just looked in again last night, and Zeus is still standing proud!

We were in WDW about two weeks ago, and saw on of the regular actors from the AC working in the streetshow in the UK at EPCOT.

I talked to him about AC for a few minutes, and he told me that there is no hope,and the building is set for demolition in September.

Highly doubt that since if one looks closely at the front of the building, they just touched up the pain on the crashed airplace, and replanted the flowers in the vase on the right-hand column. Also, I was told the the back of the building has recently been painted, so nope, no demo in the future if you ask me!

. . . And i know there will be some gruff but will you people finally give it up and let disney make something for all of us to enjoy with our children, not someplace to get away from them.

No. No we will not.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Lee

Adventurer
Just wanted to pop in here and say that, I honestly don't think the Club will ever reopen in it's old form.

However...there is something in development that would enable at least the spirit of the Club to live on elsewhere on property.
I don't have much detail...but it seems to be a legit concept that is actively being worked on.

More to come...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom