Save the Adventurers Club

Mr.EPCOT

Problem is, they tried this before--with Merriweather Adam Pleasure. His backstory extended not just throughout PI/DTD but even to the Jungle Cruise, Typhoon Lagoon and the Grand. Elaborate, pages long narrative...that gone thrown out the window in less than a year when market conditions forced Disney to start changing around the clubs.

Oh really? I didn't know that. What were his ties to the Grand Floridian?

71jason

perhaps if you can wait til a SUNday!!! :wave::wave::wave::wave:

Or December 16th... [So yeah, this thread has disintegrated into an in-joke that what, 3 or 4 of us get? Sort of a metaphor for the Club itself... ;)]

@ Mr EPCOT: As I recall, and this is all second-hand from Right Guard, the Grand (or part of it) was M.A. Pleasure's new home after his family outgrew the building that became Portabello Yacht Club.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I took a peek from upstairs and could still see stuff hanging up, but couldn't see the lower level. I'll see what I can do to confirm if stuff has been ripped out or not.

chaggy102

I've been told by a few former cms at the AC that stuff has begun to clear out...one even hinted checking cast connection in 2 weeks...very sad indeed and reality is starting to settle in as hard as that is to take on.

71jason

I've been told by a few former cms at the AC that stuff has begun to clear out...one even hinted checking cast connection in 2 weeks...very sad indeed and reality is starting to settle in as hard as that is to take on.

May or may not be the same sources, but yeah, they've been removing stuff like crazy, the Club is essentially "gutted."

In the ultimate indignity, the Colonel was removed with his head off.

MBAs have no souls.

chaggy102

May or may not be the same sources, but yeah, they've been removing stuff like crazy, the Club is essentially "gutted."

In the ultimate indignity, the Colonel was removed with his head off.

MBAs have no souls.

With his head off...are you kidding me...did they do this to both colonels or just one...that is just insane that they would remove the head...I guess easier to ship that way but oh my...:eek:

Rob562

From the timeline I was told on the final night two weekends ago, WDI and the Archives will have 2-3 weeks to come in and take what they want. Then everything will be taken out and most likely go to Property Control to be sold.

(I also heard that the Library tables and chairs had already been sent to Property Control weeks ago, and when Special Events came in a few days before Congaloosh, they realized the Library was totally empty and had to rush to Property Control to pull everything back again)

-Rob

sakraft1

From the timeline I was told on the final night two weekends ago, WDI and the Archives will have 2-3 weeks to come in and take what they want. Then everything will be taken out and most likely go to Property Control to be sold.

(I also heard that the Library tables and chairs had already been sent to Property Control weeks ago, and when Special Events came in a few days before Congaloosh, they realized the Library was totally empty and had to rush to Property Control to pull everything back again)

-Rob

So what does Property Control do? They're putting Babylonia up on ebay, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom