Save the Adventurers Club

Rob562

OK, so I finally got a chance to upload and go through my photos from my trip.

I was in Orlando to attend my friend's wedding this past Saturday. He was able to book the Adventurers Club for a 5-hour reception that night. (Apparently he'd beaten the Congaloosh organizers to that date, which is why the in-Club event for Congaloosh was on Friday)

He was able to arrange 3 club members for the evening: Blondie as Otis, Annelle as Samatha, and Yvette as Pamelia. They were scheduled to do three "sets".

All in all, it was a great night. 80% of the guests had never been to the Club before. Initially it was a little off because everyone just stood there and watched the members. But after about 15 minutes they started to "get" it, and the club members were able to mingle with the guests. They were able to interact with people on a more personal level, and it made for a great evening.
The doors to the Library were kept open, and people were free to move about between the rooms. Tables with light snacks were provided in the Salon and Library, and the bar in the Salon offered an open bar with a few beer and wine selections.

There were only about 75-100 people in the Club at its peak, so it wasn't crowded at all.
100_6761.jpg

At one point we were led by Samantha and Pamelia in the New Member Induction Ceremony. Otis had to fill in for Graves "who had the night off" and made the announcements from the balcony.

100_6785.jpg

At one point Pamelia noticed that the Colonel's epaulette was crooked, and decided to climb up and fix it for him.
100_6791.jpg

Toward the end, the Members were very happy to pose for photos with anyone who wanted one. There were also MANY group photos taken up on stage, this being a wedding and kind of a family reunion of sorts.
100_6809.jpg

With people just kind of milling around between all the rooms, there were a few events only seen by a few people. Fingers gave off a few air puffs and smoke at one point while someone was up on stage posing for a photo. Toward the end of the night I happened to be in the Library when the ship in the bottle decided to sink. And I heard that the masks in the Mask Room spoke to a few people at one point during the night.

As a side note, I was very disheartened to notice that a mask had been ripped off the back wall of the Mask Room. I learned that it had happened on the final night last year.
100_6755.jpg

Eventually the night devolved into some random photo taking, including a few people posing with the sacred yam...
100_6827.jpg

And in what may unfortunately be the last photo ever of the Club Members....as Otis carried Pamelia away at the end of their last set.
100_6813.jpg

At midnight they started ushering those of us who were left toward the door. At 12:15, my friend became the last Guest ever to leave the AC.

After we were outside and standing around chatting a bit, two people in costume from Congaloosh stopped by. We chatted with them and they posed for a photo.

Overall, a very fun time, one I'll never forget.

-Rob

Rob562

How many different roles did "BLONDIE" play that night ?!?!?!

At least three: Otis, the Colonel and he did Graves announcement before the ceremony, but the announcements were him doing it as Otis. And apparently he had some fun with Arnie and Claude and a few Guests who happened to be in the mask Room while he was backstage on one of his breaks.

-Rob

SirGoofy

At least three: Otis, the Colonel and he did Graves announcement before the ceremony, but the announcements were him doing it as Otis. And apparently he had some fun with Arnie and Claude and a few Guests who happened to be in the mask Room while he was backstage on one of his breaks.

-Rob

Blondie was always my favorite in anything he played.:(

wilsonhanks

Blondie was always my favorite in anything he played.:(

I really enjoyed chipmunk in Fletcher and Emil roles.

I preferred blondie as Hathaway

My favorite Otis was either one that liked to poison pigeons in the park or one that won first prize in a special kind of competition.

The pigeon poisoner was also my favorite butler as well as my favorite sutter.

And Yvette was my favorite in any female role.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I LOVE KARL!!!!!!!!!! Mindy, Allison & Angela will all hold a special place in my heart. Anne was one of my favorite Pameila's. RIP Adv Club :cry:

jt04

Just wanted to point out to AC fans that Blue Sky Disney has a nice right up about S.E.A. and it's future. Great article.

Lee

Adventurer
Just wanted to point out to AC fans that Blue Sky Disney has a nice right up about S.E.A. and it's future. Great article.

Interesting article, as usual.
I am very intrigued by the last line, and need to know more. Like....now.

a2grafix

The pigeon poisoner was also my favorite butler as well as my favorite sutter.

That be "Blade" you are referring to. Strange, though, you give credit to him being the best "Sutter Bestwick." Well, he was the only Sutter. No cast member played the role until closing night, Sept. 27, 2008.

Just like Chilton Thompson and the other characters in name only, Blade only donned the Sutter costume for the last-ever (then) show at the end of Sept 2008.

Check out this cool Balderdash Cup from 2004.

jt04

Yea...Honor is a fairly good source, wish he would have went into more detail.

I think it is safe to take him at his word that the S.E.A. concept has a bright future. My mind boggles at the possibilities for such a concept. Disney is sitting on gold with this. Big time.

jt04

We'll see. It would be a nice fit in Aland or DAK.

Or both. Not to mention CSR and the Poly.

Hidden gems could be worked in everywhere. It's scary how much potential this has across all the Disney divisions.

By the way, the Toy Story double feature release is doing very well. The Iger/Lasseter juggernaut is cranked up and beginnig to gather serious momentum. :D

71jason

I think it is safe to take him at his word that the S.E.A. concept has a bright future. My mind boggles at the possibilities for such a concept. Disney is sitting on gold with this. Big time.

Problem is, they tried this before--with Merriweather Adam Pleasure. His backstory extended not just throughout PI/DTD but even to the Jungle Cruise, Typhoon Lagoon and the Grand. Elaborate, pages long narrative...that gone thrown out the window in less than a year when market conditions forced Disney to start changing around the clubs.

jt04

Problem is, they tried this before--with Merriweather Adam Pleasure. His backstory extended not just throughout PI/DTD but even to the Jungle Cruise, Typhoon Lagoon and the Grand. Elaborate, pages long narrative...that gone thrown out the window in less than a year when market conditions forced Disney to start changing around the clubs.

As they say no good ideas are ever discarded. It appears this idea has been reimagined and is set to be expanded on. Time will tell.

chaggy102

Now if only I could find someone to tell me the entire background story...and do it in a Pleasure voice...will have to start looking...:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom