Save the Adventurers Club

daguru

Why was it "Congaloosh " and not "Kungaloosh"?? Did someone fear getting sued??

Correct.... also because it is going to become an annual CONvention... Also the same legal reasons why no one was able to use "Balderdash" and "Cup" together...

Thanks for the compliments on the photos... The history lesson was very cool and learned a ton of stuff. My wife and I sat in the back right of the room, with Sugar and Donna C (original CM), it was funny how much stuff even Sugar didn't know... like the hidden mickey in the open house banners :)

I plan on doing a few posts on my blog (daguru-huginn.org) details the photos and different things featured...

It was an awesome event all the way around...

trr1

which version do you like

By: DR. House http://www.recipezaar.com/member/208121
Jan 31, 2006
Since about 2000. Before that see the Old Kungaloosh. Still from Disney. Adventurers Club Pleasure Island

SERVES 1 </SPAN>(change servings and units) Change to: Servings US Metric

• <LI style="WIDTH: 100%" id=star_list class=my-rating>
clear stars
Write a Review! (optional)

SubmitCancel

Ingredients

Directions

1. 1

Toss it in a blender.
  2. 2

add enough ice to make it slushy.
  3. 3

Blenderize do not liquify.
  4. 4

You want slushy.
Jan 30, 2006
Old Kungaloosh Recipe circa 1997 from the Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island Disney

clear stars

SubmitCancel

Ingredients

Directions

1. 1

Put all in a container.
  2. 2

Mix well.
  3. 3

Pour over or add ice.
  4. 4

Serve.

EPCOT Explorer

which version do you like

Jan 31, 2006
Since about 2000. Before that see the Old Kungaloosh. Still from Disney. Adventurers Club Pleasure Island

clear stars

SubmitCancel

Ingredients

Directions

1. 1

Toss it in a blender.
  2. 2

add enough ice to make it slushy.
  3. 3

Blenderize do not liquify.
  4. 4

You want slushy.
Jan 30, 2006
Old Kungaloosh Recipe circa 1997 from the Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island Disney

clear stars

SubmitCancel

Ingredients

Directions

1. 1

Put all in a container.
  2. 2

Mix well.
  3. 3

Pour over or add ice.
  4. 4

Serve.

*bookmarks*:lookaroun

Rob562

And for those interested, I'll post a few pics tomorrow from the final private event on Saturday night. (At the airport now, waiting for my delayed flight, first Internet access since Friday morning)

For those interested, the three actors we had were Blondie as Otis, Annelle as Samantha, and whoever plays the French-Canadian maid (I don't know her nickname) as Pamelia.

Overall a very surreal evening, between it being "AC Lite" and knowing that it was the very, very last time I'd ever pass through those doors.

-Rob

EPCOT Explorer

And for those interested, I'll post a few pics tomorrow from the final private event on Saturday night. (At the airport now, waiting for my delayed flight, first Internet access since Friday morning)

For those interested, the three actors we had were Blondie as Otis, Annelle as Samantha, and whoever plays the French-Canadian maid (I don't know her nickname) as Pamelia.

Overall a very surreal evening, between it being "AC Lite" and knowing that it was the v
ery, very last time I'd ever pass through those doors.

-Rob

I hope not. :(

Otherwise....sounds lovey.:eek:

CaptainMichael

*bookmarks*:lookaroun

The modern day Kungaloosh is a bit tricky to make. The old one aka "The Hoopla" is tasty, packs a good punch, and is much easier/fun to make. I will say though that Royal Plaza's bartender did an admirable job on the one I had there.

Overall a very surreal evening, between it being "AC Lite" and knowing that it was the very, very last time I'd ever pass through those doors.

-Rob
The French-Canadian maid name is Yvette. The actress' name is Alison. Brilliant actress btw and the perfect Pamelia.

daguru

ConGaloosh was the first time my wife and I had tried the original Kungaloosh drink... it was much better the 2.0! We had to go out and get the ingredients and try to make it at home, did a pretty good job...

One thing, I have had a Kungaloosh 2.0 on the rocks (when the machine was down one night) and it was MUCH better than the frozen version... When I get over my allergies, we are going to try to recreate 2.0 at home...

It was a bummer that they were not serving them at the AdvClub itself, the Royal Plaza did a very good job!

vonpluto

Question for anyone with an AC Wayback Machine.

Back in '92. the Kungaloosh came in the AC canteen, IIRC.

DW would always have a drink that came in a ceramic Tiki head tall mug. She remembers it as a "Jungle Juice. I can't recall.

Anybody know?
:shrug:

71jason

Question for anyone with an AC Wayback Machine.

Back in '92. the Kungaloosh came in the AC canteen, IIRC.

DW would always have a drink that came in a ceramic Tiki head tall mug. She remembers it as a "Jungle Juice. I can't recall.

Anybody know?
:shrug:

Probably this...

Bongo's Jungle Juice (Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, 151 rum and Cruzan Rum with orange juice and strawberry mix; at one time also made without Cruzan and known simply as "Jungle Juice")

Sort of a precursor to the Kungaloosh 2.0.

BTW, I've been told that the trick to making an authentic Kungaloosh 2.0 is to add some 151 to the batch, even though they never advertised that fact. Was never a fan, so can't guesstimate how much, I'd advise experimenting some weekend when you don't have anywhere to be.

chaggy102

Probably this...

Bongo's Jungle Juice (Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, 151 rum and Cruzan Rum with orange juice and strawberry mix; at one time also made without Cruzan and known simply as "Jungle Juice")

Sort of a precursor to the Kungaloosh 2.0.

BTW, I've been told that the trick to making an authentic Kungaloosh 2.0 is to add some 151 to the batch, even though they never advertised that fact. Was never a fan, so can't guesstimate how much, I'd advise experimenting some weekend when you don't have anywhere to be.

The closest I've come is with half a shot of 151.

a2grafix

Speaking of other Pleasure Island / Adventures Club drinks, check out the magic potions below. I've posted some of these drinks on other threads in the past.

Lifted from the AC wiki, expect for Jessica's Secret. Kungaloosh!

Kungaloosh (a frozen blend of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, blackberry brandy, orange juice, and strawberry daquiri mix--properly topped with whipped cream, though many guests preferred without)

Gypsy Moth (Bacardi O, blue curacao, melon liqueur, sour mix and pineapple juice)

Baldersmash (Baracdi Big Apple, Bacardi O, Bacardi Razz, cranberry juice, sour mix, and a splash of Sprite)

Adventuretini (Vodka, peach schnapps, and various other ingredients served in a glowing martini glass.

Pamelia's Jungle Juice (Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Bacardi 151, bananna liquer, strawberry daquiri mix, orange, pineapple and cranberry juice)

Samantha's Passion Potion (Absolut Citron, melon and raspberry liqueurs, pineapple and cranberry juice)

The Hoopla (Bacardi CoCo, vodka, melon liquer and pineapple juice)
[Non-alcoholic drinks]

Emil's Strawberry Colada (Strawberry Daquiri and Pina Colada)

Babylonia's Brew (Pineapple and orange juices with Spite and a splash of sour mix--early in Club's history, made without Sprite)

Previous specialty drinks in the Adventurers Club's history included:

Pamelia's Punch (Cruzan Orange, Pineapple and Coconut rums with pineapple, cranberry and orange juices and sour mix)

Hathway Brown's Banana Bomber (Cruzan Banana rum with cranberry juice and a twist of lime)

Otis Wren's Tall Tale (Cruzan Coconut rum, peach schnapps and pineapple juice)

Fletcher Hodges Fruitsation (Cruzan Orange and Pineapple rums with orange, pineapple and cranberry juices)

Hot Chocolate Yakoose Moose (Dark creme de cacao, Bailey's Irish Cream and hot chocolate)

The Colonel's Keoke Coffee (Dark creme de cacao, brandy and coffee)

Beezel's Hot Almond Joy (Cruzan Coconut rum, amaretto and hot chocolate)

Tropical Rain Forest (Vodka, Midori, Malibu rum and pineapple juice)
[Non-alcoholic drink]

Yakoose Juice (identical to Emil's Stawberry Colada)

The original Kungaloosh (served until around 2000) was made from completely different ingredients than the sweeter version mixed up in later years--it was initially made from vodka, Malibu rum, Midori and pineapple juice, with a splash of cranberry juice. This would be reinvented--less the cranberry juice and sometimes with different brands--as the short-lived "Tropical Rain Forest" and "The Hoopla."

Jessica's Secret (found outside at drink stand next to club) Bacardi Coco, Peach & Banana Liqueur, Blue Curacao, Sour Mix, Sprite, Grenadine, Pineapple Juice

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom