Save the Adventurers Club

SoccerMickey - We had magician 'Jack Diamond' (aka Mr Annelle) at the reception entertaining folks with magic tricks, many folks in 30's and AdvClub costume (lots of photo ops), and during the evening presentations Jim Korkis filled us in on alot of PI and AdvClub creation info. The Adventurers Life is Best competition showcased the stories of 6 Adventurers, of which 'Crack Man' won the title (his was hilarious). The CM discussion panel had a few surprise guests (Chipmunk and Yvette), who I was elated to see added to the mix...what awesome sports they were.

I hope everyone enjoyed ConGaloosh as much as I did. We've no firm plans for an event in 2010, but suffice it to say with all the compliments received over the weekend we are leaning towards having one. :)

- Jennifer
ConGaloosh Vice President

Me too! I was so busy with my fellow CG folk that I only took a handful of pictures. I was in awe of many of the outfits and costumes. And we had two 'drag Pamelias', and they were a HUGE hit with the crowd.

CaptainMichael

I think these may be the photos I am most looking forward to seeing :)

Ask and ye shall receive:

10235_826910547705_23431586_48891867_6676302_n.jpg

And yes, that is a Kungaloosh in hand!

I am working on all my videos first (it will take a bit) but I am pleased to let everyone know that I now have the entire member induction ceremony uploaded to youtube :sohappy:
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqds5K7Zbtk
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ymvLvTtvs

Look for more tomorrow as long as I have time :D
Most appreciative of the videos and pics. Still the highlight of all my days at Disney. The AC really helped me through some tough times 15 years ago. Hate it's gone away. The Colonel's Hong Kong remark really hit me betwen the eyes !!

daguru

Ok, after several technical issues, I was able to finally upload my photos from the night, click the thumbnails for each gallery:

Photos from the Radiothon Show:

Photos from the Hoopla Show:

Photos from around the AdvClub:

Photos from the Convention Banquet, Guest Presentations, History Lesson, and AdvClub CM Panel:

Remember, each thumbnail links to galleries for each section... Enjoy!

Disney_Freak429

Ask and ye shall receive:

10235_826910547705_23431586_48891867_6676302_n.jpg

And yes, that is a Kungaloosh in hand!

This really is a great picture. I have to add that I love your new av also. Seems like I may not be the only one who also goes to AI:E just to see our fav. AC cast. It was great meeting you even if I really didn't have a sec. to talk with you. Maybe I will see you sometime at DHS for the same reason we all go now to see our very talented adventurers in their less thriling roles. Daguru those are some great pictures thanks for sharing them.

sakraft1

Thanks for posting the photos, Daguru! I'd have loved to have heard the history lecture. Looks like there was a bit of really interesting concept and behind the scenes stuff!

Ok, after several technical issues, I was able to finally upload my photos from the night, click the thumbnails for each gallery:

Photos from the Convention Banquet, Guest Presentations, History Lesson, and AdvClub CM Panel:

EPCOT Explorer

Great stuff. :eek:

CaptainMichael

This really is a great picture. I have to add that I love your new av also. Seems like I may not be the only one who also goes to AI:E just to see our fav. AC cast. It was great meeting you even if I really didn't have a sec. to talk with you. Maybe I will see you sometime at DHS for the same reason we all go now to see our very talented adventurers in their less thriling roles. Daguru those are some great pictures thanks for sharing them.

Thanks. It's definitely the best costumed pic of me (I think). Liesl really captured the spirit of Hathaway when she took it.

I also love the pic with Angela. She is honestly the sweetest person I know. Sugar was definitely a fitting name for her. I also enjoy the fact that I'm the one in the costume and she's in street clothes. Interesting role reversal.

I'm very jealous you got to hold up Bessie!

Disney_Freak429

Thanks. It's definitely the best costumed pic of me (I think). Liesl really captured the spirit of Hathaway when she took it.

I also love the pic with Angela. She is honestly the sweetest person I know. Sugar was definitely a fitting name for her. I also enjoy the fact that I'm the one in the costume and she's in street clothes. Interesting role reversal.

I'm very jealous you got to hold up Bessie!

Let me tell you I was very surprised I was picked. That was my first & only time I was ever picked at the club & what a time to be picked. (& by C.C. on top of that) I had bought my member pin on ebay for around $40 with shipping before the event to have one & now I fell I earned it. I love Angela to death I could barely see her across the room but her reaction to the history presentation was priceless with all the references she didn't know about. (funny how I was staring at the outside banner as my cell wallpaper all that day & didn't notice the hidden mickey) Everyone gives me such a hard time for going to AI:E so much but really who can blame me for wanting to see the adventurers in their new roles so much. My friends/family know why I am there too because I always remind them & sit in the first couple rows directly in front of the judges table. (FYI its about 13 to 14 seats down for the best view depending on how many wheelchairs are there) :lol: Yeah lets just say its bad when you know all the hosts & warm up guys names & the warm up guys give you the look for being there so much.:lookaroun I really would have loved to do a costume myself but didn't have the $ or enough time oh well maybe ConGaloosh 2010? OT: Anyone else locals see the ads on TV for F&W its playing now & I find it kind of an odd choice for an ad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom