Save the Adventurers Club

Captain Hank

If we can work that out around Sep 30-October 4th, I am so in. After MNSSHP, we can go to PI and sing songs outside the club. We could also have an EPCOT meet on October 1st.
I would totally be in. I'm pretty sure that I'd be in the area around that time (and if not, I can make arrangements).

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Fellow Adventurers,
It appears as though the Kungalooshes are making a return to the Laffer's Cantina this Saturday! On of the top "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook Group infrmants, Dani, has this to say:

Save The Adventurers Club | FacebookListen up boys and girls! It's looking like Saturday night's Kungalooshing may have media coverage, so it's time to go to work. I've been in contact with Dewayne Bevil who covered the last Pleasure Island story for the Orlando Sentinel. Rumor has it that WESH 2 News may also make an appearance that night.

Look, the executives are testing us. Last time, in a moment's notice, Adventurers showed up and emptied the margarita machine in a few hours. This time they've given us three weeks. We need to show up in droves. Bring everyone you know. Let's induct new members on the stairs. I don't care! This is such an awesome oppurtunity to show them that we plan on having this Club returned!

I, for one, plan on being present for the Balderdash Cup Competition of 1938. Who's with me?

So, if one Orlando Sentinel story heralded the closing of Pleasure Island, perhaps, if the turnout is massive enough, by this Sunday's edition we will see the headline "Due to Guest Feedback, Disney decideds to Return the Adventurers Club!"

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

CaptainMichael

Fellow Adventurers,
It appears as though the Kungalooshes are making a return to the Laffer's Cantina this Saturday! On of the top "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook Group infrmants, Dani, has this to say:

So, if one Orlando Sentinel story heralded the closing of Pleasure Island, perhaps, if the turnout is massive enough, by this Sunday's edition we will see the headline "Due to Guest Feedback, Disney decideds to Return the Adventurers Club!"

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!
If I lived half as close as I do now, I would so be there...in costume too.

The_CEO

This sounds like a great idea! Saturday night it is! I'm going to show up in my FoodRocks costume and show support!!!

Disney_Freak429

I am hoping to be there Sat. night but it all depends if I get a ride up there. I am hoping for the best either way Sat. the fact this could be covered by media is always a good sign. I still am far from loseing hope that the AC is gone for good because as long as the building still stands there is hope.

chaggy102

Dangit!! They BETTER be serving Kungalooshes sometime between 12/1 - 12/12 when I'm down again.

We can only hope they keep having Kungaloosh night. They were going to do it last Saturday but Black Ship sky had a concert and they rightly figured that most of the clan who showed up for the last Kungaloosh night would go to the concert in Orlando, and without a BSS concert on Saturday they're doing one this Saturday. It can never be a bad sign that Disney keeps doing these...again guys remember never give in and never surrender.

GymLeaderPhil

Yes. Everyone who can, please do come out on Saturday for drinks and socializing at Laffers Cantina. Not only because it's great to show your support for the club among the potential media coverage - but also the liquor.

KUNGALOOSH! :wave:

EDIT: Looks like we've hit one of the Orlando Sentinel's blogs:
Adventurers Club-bers to belly up for another Kungaloosh Saturday
posted by Dewayne Bevil on Nov 3, 2008 2:22:27 PM

Just when I finally get that Adventurers Club song out of my head ("an adverturer's life is beeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssst!"), along comes more from the Pleasure Island ejectee. Am told that the Kungaloosh, signature drink of the club, will be back on the Island this Saturday (Nov. 8) for a one-night stand at Laffers Cantina.

How this all came about isn't super-clear, but for us Facebook types there are a few more details here. Basically, Adventurers Club loyalists plan to gather and mingle in front of the AC. Many hope that a great turnout would turn Disney execs heads and somehow miraculously reverse the decision to close the club.

Well, color me skeptical on that. And the cynic in me thinks "Well, of course, Disney would LOVE to sell you a drink." Thank you, sir, may I have another?

But who am I to extinguish hope? Maybe it's because I'm still waiting for the return of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride or 20,000 Leagues. But they didn't have drink specials on their side.

SGT623

Just to confirm again what Master Gracey and chaggy102 said. Yes the Kungaloosh was going to be last week but instead will be at Laffers Cantina this Saturday night. One of the regular bartenders from the Adventures Club "Jungle Juice" George will be working the bar so tip him well or he'll unplug the machine. :)

It's not just the drinks, it's the chance to catch up with some old friends and meet some new ones. Non-Drinkers should come too! Plus, THE DJ'S ARE BACK! So you don't have to listen to a pan flute or steel drum band on the steps of the club! It could also go a long way to show Disney the support that the club still has, but if not...at least we had another night of fun.

KUNGALOOSH!

Dubman

What a deal.. Just so happens the wife and I are taking a last minute trip this weekend for the end of the Food & Wine Fest!! We will definately stop by, but not until about 9:30pm or so.. I assume the Cantina will be open late??

Kungaloosh!!:sohappy:

SirGoofy

Just to confirm again what Master Gracey and chaggy102 said. Yes the Kungaloosh was going to be last week but instead will be at Laffers Cantina this Saturday night. One of the regular bartenders from the Adventures Club "Jungle Juice" George will be working the bar so tip him well or he'll unplug the machine. :)

It's not just the drinks, it's the chance to catch up with some old friends and meet some new ones. Non-Drinkers should come too! Plus, THE DJ'S ARE BACK! So you don't have to listen to a pan flute or steel drum band on the steps of the club! It could also go a long way to show Disney the support that the club still has, but if not...at least we had another night of fun.

KUNGALOOSH!

Uh oh...the Guinea Pigs are coming! :eek:

:lol: But in all seriousness, I wish I was down there for Kungalooshes...and that I was 21.:lookaroun

wilsonhanks

I believe I can fly!!! This post appears to hav et he most of any in this section!!! Apparently this is a very emotional subject, what does that tell you? I heard there was a performance of Mack the Knife done by a hathaway brown last night at a bar near disney!! I also heard there was going to be an encore performance of That's Amore before Hathaway got screwed by the promotion, AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Keep up the fight fellow adventurers!!!

SGT623

Bad news....but still good news!!! I stopped by the Laffers Cantina tonight to see if the bartender could still make the Kungaloosh this Saturday night. It turns out that just tonight, there was a "technical difficulty" with one of the dual frozen machines that pretty much kills that drink being made since the other regular menu selections need the two remaining machines. So no Kungaloosh. As sad as that is, it was never really about the single drink so much as the "gathering" of current and former Adventurers for a night of fun! This will still be a great night!! We'll all just be toasting to the bars tasty "Armadillo Punch" instead of the Kungaloosh! Or whatever "open bar" drink you select! It doesn't matter!

Fah who foraze! Dah who doraze! Much like In "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" The Who's In Whosville will still celebrate the event even thought the Grinch took away all of the presents.

Come one come all and still have a ball! Fun, Friends, and Adventurers' a like! Should be a great evening at PI this Saturday night! Plus it is the Festival Of The Masters so there will be a lot to see! Fellow Adventurers' look forward to seeing you there! KUNGALOOSH!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom