Save the Adventurers Club

Captain Hank

According to the Adventurer's Club Yahoo Group (which I just recently discovered), some of the AC cast will be going to the Velcro exhibit at Innoventions, a few will become World Showcase Players, and some will be going to American Idol and Streetmosphere. However, a good number will be completely without work.

Disney_Freak429

csm BRAVO & well said on both of your posts :sohappy: I may not know the Cast as well as you do but I am sure you are very correct with what Disney offered who which is very sad considering how hard they worked & how talented they all are. If you do have any contact with any Cast Member please continue to send our best wishes their way

CaptainMichael

According to the Adventurer's Club Yahoo Group (which I just recently discovered), some of the AC cast will be going to the Velcro exhibit at Innoventions, a few will become World Showcase Players, and some will be going to American Idol and Streetmosphere. However, a good number will be completely without work.

I'll finally have a reason to visit Innoventions when I go to EPCOT...and even more of a reason to spend even more time in WS.

Depending on who works Idol will depend if I go there.

Captain Hank

You know, this is the first Disney attraction that I really cared about to go to Yesterland. I never rode Mr. Toad or 20K, Alien Encounter was a good attraction--though I wasn't a fan, and while I really liked Timekeeper, I could see why it left. The AC, however, not so much. :cry:

:(

Oh, for those who didn't see it last night (and might not now, considering that it's in the dark neitherworld of the second page of the forum right now), I did sort of a "Digital Adventurers Club" composed of videos from the various club shows. Here's a link, if anyone's interested: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=356865

CaptainMichael

You know, this is the first Disney attraction that I really cared about to go to Yesterland. I never rode Mr. Toad or 20K, Alien Encounter was a good attraction--though I wasn't a fan, and while I really liked Timekeeper, I could see why it left. The AC, however, not so much. :cry:
This one definitely hurts the most.

I would rather they close CoP.

Does anybody know if there is a video of the last Hoopla? I really hope something surfaces for those of us who couldn't be there. It would be great if it was uploaded to Disney-Central or Mousebits since it was like 75 mins long from what I heard.

Agreed. I found myself humming the club theme song in my car and almost started crying this morning.

Marching along we're Adventurers,
singing the song of Adventurers.
Up or Down,
North, South, East or West,
An Adventurer's Life is Best!

Club Salute!
KUNGALOOSH!!!

s8film40

One, I was there yesterday - however was polite and kind enough to only walk in for half an hour and leave so that others could enjoy.

I was there from 6:00 to closing, I don't feel that this was impolite. I truly felt sorry for all the people waiting outside, knowing that some of those people outside probably would never get to see the Adventures Club ever again was very sad.

I'm not a regular, I have been there a few times here and there over the years. In the few visits I have made I sensed the quality of the experience, and although I didn't go every week the memories lasted as if I had. In retrospect I wish I had gone more.

I knew that I wanted to be there at the end to see the final performance of what was truly a one of a kind Disney experience. I knew that if I wanted to experience the final moments of the Adventurers Club there would be a price to pay. I would need to get there early, deal with very large crowds, and once inside would not be able to leave. I knew that I would have to give up the opportunity to see any of the other clubs one last time (which also held a special meaning to me), Would not get to see the fireworks, and would not get to see any of the other special entertainment.

Knowing all of this upfront I went to great lengths to clear my schedule for the evening in doing so I had to commit myself to working early saturday morning. This of course meant I would be awake from 5:00 am to 3:00 am. after only three hours of sleep. I knew that in doing this I still may not get in. Im not a crazy person I simply knew that this was what was necessary to go to the Adventurers Club for the last night.

I got in line around 5:30 and there were a lot of people in front of me but plenty behind me still made it in. I would guess that those who got there closer to 6:00 might have even made it in. So it is not as though you had to get there early in the morning.

Once inside it was absolute chaos, a good fun kind of chaos but still chaos. Each library show I saw meant being squeezed literally between many other people and eventually being pushed through the door(not doors door) by those behind me. Of course seeing a Library show meant you might not see the next one since the shows exit at the other side of the room.

So again I felt sorry for the people outside, but I didn't feel bad or selfish for not leaving. I paid the price and did what was necessary to be there.

Towards the end of the night I was faced with a decision, did I want to see the last hoopla. Well that was why I was there, why I was dealing with the crowds, and why I went to the lengths I did to be there. I knew that if the hoopla was at 1:00 am I would need to be in line for it early. I decided I would line up for it at 11:00 (this almost was not early enough). I knew that this would mean standing in a crowd for two hours. I spent two hours standing literally pressed up against five or six other people. Any movement at all was almost impossible, occasionally a small space would open up and I could move an arm or reposition a foot. Standing there meant physically pushing against others continuously for two hours just to remain standing. I was covered in sweat from at least five complete strangers as I was also sharing mine with others. The air I was breathing was the breath of others around me. Any conversation I had with my friends was only part of the groups increasingly loud chatter. All of this still did not guarantee me a spot for the final show but I remained hopeful. Once the door finally opened I was again pushed inside, the squeezing pressure this time was far more intense. Once in I was finally relieved to be able to move, and breath fresh air. I have no complaints for enduring all of this I knew it was just a necessary part of what was required to be there.

Once inside I now not only felt sorry for those outside the club, but also those who didn't make it into the last show. Again I didn't feel bad though the others simply were not willing to endure what I had to be there. Everyone has their limit for what they will do for something, for me this was the last of one of the best themed experiences at WDW and I was willing to do this to be there.

I know that at any point I could have walked right out the door and given someone else the opportunity to come in. I also know that if someone else wanted to be there they could have arrived just moments before the club opened and walked in right beside me. So I don't think it was selfish or impolite. I knew that every person in front of me in line had done more than me to ensure they would be there and had I not made it in I would of course not been happy but I wouldn't blame them for not giving their spot to me.

BSikor

I took around 400 pics last night and will be posting some of the best soon.

It was great and while I didn't get in to the Hoopla (Didn't want to fight the crowd) I still had a great time.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Does anybody know if there is a video of the last Hoopla? I really hope something surfaces for those of us who couldn't be there. It would be great if it was uploaded to Disney-Central or Mousebits since it was like 75 mins long from what I heard.
I've been searching like a madman for one.

markc

I'm not even dignifiying any of the other c-r-a-p you posted with a response, except for this.

Why, because it would force you to use logic to respond?

These people are my FRIENDS. Trust me, I know better what happened behind the scenes than you ever will.

Unless you are in a director or upper management role at Disney, you do not, and probably will not know know better what has happened/happening behind the scenes.

s8film40

I'm sure one will show up soon. It seemed like at least half the people there were videotaping it. Some with some nice high quality cameras. The videos should be good many of the performers made a point to sing and act directly into the cameras.

nibblesandbits

I actually agree...getting rid of this hurt me more than anything else Disney has done away with. It is a shame to get rid of such a "Disney" experience.

I too, hope I can find the final hoopla. Someone post when you find it.

BTW...while these aren't moments from the final hoopla...here are some of the videos I took this week at the AC...while they aren't long, they at least show some of those final moments. A link to my You Tube videos. (Unless someone can tell me a way to actually post them in here, but I don't think you can.)

jakeman

While emotions are running understandably high in this thread, I would like to point out that these cast members were hardly given "no notice" about the closure. We have know here for almost 2 full months. Therefore, I would think it would be safe to say that these employees had ample time to find employment elsewhere.

I only went once, and while fun, I'll freely admit I don't understand the attachment. With that said, I don't think anyone can deny it was a unique attraction at WDW.

CaptainMichael

While emotions are running understandably high in this thread, I would like to point out that these cast members were hardly given "no notice" about the closure. We have know here for almost 2 full months. Therefore, I would think it would be safe to say that these employees had ample time to find employment elsewhere.

I only went once, and while fun, I'll freely admit I don't understand the attachment. With that said, I don't think anyone can deny it was a unique attraction at WDW.

I'm not sure it's that easy to find a job in entertainment that fits their skills, but that's just me.

XSTech

While we unfortunately didn't make it inside the Club for its final performances, we did have a chance to snap some photos of the crowd waiting outside an hour before it opened, along with the characters.

382198654_hVR8e-L.jpg

382205152_sPVsM-L.jpg

382200103_9tKYQ-L.jpg

See more photos, watch a video of Sutter Bestwick inducting members outside, and read all about the atmosphere outside the Club before opening here.

Also, our newest issue of Orlando Attractions Magazine (Issue 6) features a 4-page article about the Club including interviews with two of its popular cast members. You can find that here.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Based on the closing of the AC alone, I can safely say that I won't be returning to WDW any time soon. I'll suffer during a 8.5 hour flight to DLR rather than a quick 3 hour flight to WDW just because of this.

CaptainMichael

Based on the closing of the AC alone, I can safely say that I won't be returning to WDW any time soon. I'll suffer during a 8.5 hour flight to DLR rather than a quick 3 hour flight to WDW just because of this.

I applaud your conviction. I know I'll only be going to DTD to pay my last respects to cloob and nothing else. I'll never spend another dime there.

hemloc

I just hope (Beezle/Beezil/Beezel - Pick one) finally got lucky...

At least he's already boxed up and ready to move out:wave:!

EpcotServo

You know a real serious Adventurer's Club fan could always devote his life to making his own club. Make a similar kind of thing. Club with a 1930's adventure atmosphere, and have their own characters & such. I'd be tough, but I bet you could make a good business of it in the right place in Orlando.
:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom