Save the Adventurers Club

People like to eat what they know.
well, once they know what's in McDonalds.......

I didnt even know tthere was a McD's there. The point is that while the AC is a unique building and in fact the most valuable prop of the whole AC production, whatever it's ultimate use proves to be will be a demotion and certainly not highest and best use of the facility. They just painted it, so it's not being demo'd.

Fable McCloud

AC Flag

This is somewhat unrelated to the actual "saving" of the AC, but is there anywhere that I can either find the AC flag? My aunt was the most avid fan, and since I didn't know about the Club until AFTER it closed, I want to be able to relive through her pictures and videos.:(

Just thought to see if anyone might know where I may be able to purchase AC memorabilia.

MKCP 1985

My pleasure:
img_0687.jpg

and here is a photo from the "next to last" night the club was open. Maybe you will recognize someone in line. We were in town for the inaugural Expedition Everest Challenge, which was run the following evening.

DSC03301.jpg

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Well, that was a fun way to misinterpret Mouse Detective post. 1st, he was referring to the random pieces of Club merchadise one finds now and then on Ebay for Disney does not use Ebay anymore and nothing in the way of Club fixtures has appeared there in 3 years. 2nd, the only thing that is currently going on inside the building is removing the mold that has built up. This of course must happen before they start to move items back in.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Well, that was a fun way to misinterpret Mouse Detective post. 1st, he was referring to the random pieces of Club merchadise one finds now and then on Ebay for Disney does not use Ebay anymore and nothing in the way of Club fixtures has appeared there in 3 years. 2nd, the only thing that is currently going on inside the building is removing the mold that has built up. This of course must happen before they start to move items back in.

KUNGALOOSH!​
or starts offering us "fries w/ that" from therein.<cyncial tongue firmly in cheek>

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
the only thing that is currently going on inside the building is removing the mold that has built up. This of course must happen before they start to move items back in.

You've been misinformed on that one - there is definitely no mold removal going on in there.

sakraft1

This is somewhat unrelated to the actual "saving" of the AC, but is there anywhere that I can either find the AC flag? My aunt was the most avid fan, and since I didn't know about the Club until AFTER it closed, I want to be able to relive through her pictures and videos.:(

Just thought to see if anyone might know where I may be able to purchase AC memorabilia.

There are some logos that I "made" in illustrator that you can download:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sakraft1/sets/72157614299058504/with/3300882770/

Made is in quotes because it is not my design and it is still under copyright, so do not use it commercially or try to sell it, it was fanmade for fan use.

There is still some Adventurers Club stuff you can buy from Disney. Well, only one that you can buy, it is a 3D Vinylmation pin of the Colonel ($10). You can get it at Disney World or where I got mine: Disney's Vero Beach resort. There are also some current pins that you can only get by trading. Other than that, ebay is your best bet. Of course if you are crafty you can make something. Just search for images of Congaloosh to see some of the amazing things people have made.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Interesting, because I was told that the Adventurers Club is currently going through structural cleaning, which does include mold removal, by both a good friend who is working on the Pleasure Island project, and a construction worker I talked to who was coming out of the building. This is the same worker who told me that the exterior props are only gone for refurbishment and will be back. So, until I hear a contrary story, this is the one I'm passing on.

KUNGALOOSH!​

Mouse Detective

Interesting, because I was told that the Adventurers Club is currently going through structural cleaning, which does include mold removal, by both a good friend who is working on the Pleasure Island project, and a construction worker I talked to who was coming out of the building. This is the same worker who told me that the exterior props are only gone for refurbishment and will be back. So, until I hear a contrary story, this is the one I'm passing on.

I like your version of what is happening better than WDWMagic's version!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom