Save the Adventurers Club

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

So an interesting development has surfaced today. Check this out: http://www..com/2011/08/08/additional-adventurers-club-permit-filed

Demolition for 518 Hill Street is nowhere to be found in the new notices filed by Disney, but IMPROVEMENTS are! Things are looking up Adventurers, but a few emails to right peolpe (you know who they are) still couldn't hurt!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Mouse Detective

Kungaloosh Adventurers,
So an interesting development has surfaced today. Check this out: http://www..com/2011/08/08/additional-adventurers-club-permit-filed
Demolition for 518 Hill Street is nowhere to be found in the new notices filed by Disney, but IMPROVEMENTS are! Things are looking up Adventurers, but a few emails to right peolpe (you know who they are) still couldn't hurt!

Odd that they would file a second permit for exactly the same thing!

ayefour corp.

This is one of my favorite threads on here. I can't say that my hopes are high for an AC return to Hyperion Wharf, but the World is the Original home to the AC, so ya never know. I know myself and a few colleagues would love to go back to a favorite after work hot spot.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Ah, prefect timing Disney Parks Blog. Just as we all are waiting to hear what D23 has to say, Disney has provided us with a look inside the original Adventurers Club. Club 33, walt Disney's personal bar for entertaining friends and dignitaries. Have a look around on the blog, and by all means comment on how much we want to get back into our Club dedicated to adventure!

75c123234SMALL.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/08/inside-club-33-at-disneyland-park/

KUNGALOOSH!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Good Morning Adventurers! OK, I know I keep posting Disney Park Blog entries to comment on, but this is one that MUST be addressed. Tom Staggs (Who I still believe is our best man to bring back our Club) has posted his own Blog entry thanking those who attended D23. There have been some unhappy remarks on how nothing new was presented and "Richard from LA" got in his own two cents of "No word at all about what will be done at Pleasure Island? Haven’t you been listening to the Disney fans who want the Adventurers Club and other PI nightclubs reopened?" From what I've heard, Tom did the same thing for Hyperion Wharf as he did for the Fantasyland Expansion: he stepped into the planning room and said something along the lines of "No one wants more shopping and dining. This is dumb, fix it". This is the man that we must reach Adventurers and I keep hearing that our cry is being heard higher and higher up the Disney ladder, so please Adventurers, let the flood gates open once more!

tom_staggs.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/08/special-thanks-to-d23-expo-attendees/

KUNGALOOSH!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Light on the horizon?? What does this mean specifically for the Adventurers CLub ???

No one knows, not even King Bob. There's been a lot of speculation over the sign at Mannequins being taken down as well. But no one seems to have heard anything about new contracts being signed by any third parties.....

MarkTwain

Light on the horizon?? What does this mean specifically for the Adventurers CLub ???

Well it sounds like they're refurbishing some of the club buildings, which to me implies that they're not going to turn around and demolish them. The remaining question is if they're refurbishing them so Disney can take up operating them again, or if they're refurbishing them to better prepare them for third party operation. The optimist in me wants to believe the Adventurer's Club will be coming back in some form (bar, dinner show, family comedy, etc.), since it would be terrible for Disney to use the exact same Adventurer's Club building for a completely different venue, but then they've done more blasphemous things...

Master Gracey

Original Poster
This just in from the "Save The Adventurers Club" Facebook Group:

Tom Staggs has responded to his blog comments! Not much on info, but he's listening!

Thanks to all of you for your responses. Your passion, energy and affection for our parks and resorts is the reason we do what we do so I appreciate your feedback. I know many of you were hoping for announcements regarding new projects from Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, especially at Walt Disney World Resort, so I wanted to take a moment to address those comments.

The projects we’ve already announced represent the largest period of growth ever in Disney Parks’ history. We’re working hard to create new and exciting experiences for our guests around the world and while the timing isn’t always right to announce another big project, we like to use opportunities like the D23 Expo to update fans like you on the great progress we’re making. We have several incredible projects currently in the works and look forward to sharing more information with all of you in the weeks and months ahead, including new details regarding Downtown Disney in Florida.

Keep those fingers crossed Adventurers, and please do not sit idly by and wait for them to make the announcement. This is the time to drop Tom an e-mail (Thomas O Staggs, Chairman Walt Disney Parks & Resorts: Tom.Staggs@disney.com) and keep posting Adventurers Club love onto his blog entry to continue to remind him that Adventure has been calling our names for three years and we are ready to march back into 5189 Hill St., singing the song of Adventurers!! KUNGALOOSH!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/08/special-thanks-to-d23-expo-attendees/

KUNGALOOSH!​

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Perhaps it is true he really did step in a la FLE and clean up the mess. We can only hope.

Best of luck, as always, to those of you who fight for AC. I only went a couple times, never really caught onto it much(was more interested in dancing) but I loved CW and support your plight. I hope if you guys win, that you'll help those of us wanting to get MDP and 8-trax back as well(even if in another form)

Kongaloosh!

Mouse Detective

Someone commented on the SPI blog that the outside artifacts have been removed from Adventurers Club but that they will be brought back soon!!! Why in the world would they return them????

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Someone commented on the SPI blog that the outside artifacts have been removed from Adventurers Club but that they will be brought back soon!!! Why in the world would they return them????

Well obviously so that the Club can be reopened! But seriously, I saw that post too, and I shall quote

Adventurers Club props have been removed from the front of the buliding, but from talking with people who did not wish to be named, they are only going in for refurbishment and will be back! Also have heard that the Adventurers Club is a hard-hat area!

I would suppose that after almost three years of neglect, they could do with a paint job, and with the hurricane season upon Florida, such things will have to be done inside. Here's hoping that they, and the items on the walls, come back soon and the doors are open once more for nights of Adventure, Balderdash and properly chilled adult beverages!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom