Save the Adventurers Club

wilsonhanks

Interesting, because I was told that the Adventurers Club is currently going through structural cleaning, which does include mold removal, by both a good friend who is working on the Pleasure Island project, and a construction worker I talked to who was coming out of the building. This is the same worker who told me that the exterior props are only gone for refurbishment and will be back. So, until I hear a contrary story, this is the one I'm passing on.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

yawn....:brick::brick::brick:

Did Knee

Interesting, because I was told that the Adventurers Club is currently going through structural cleaning, which does include mold removal, by both a good friend who is working on the Pleasure Island project, and a construction worker I talked to who was coming out of the building. This is the same worker who told me that the exterior props are only gone for refurbishment and will be back. So, until I hear a contrary story, this is the one I'm passing on.

Master Gracey,

I for one do not believe you are lying about this. I do believe you are reporting this exactly how you heard it. That said, I also believe Steve when he says his sources are telling him something completely different. I think you see it that way as well. If you both are telling the truth, then what we are left with is an obvious campaign of misdirection instigated by people within TDO. My question is: If that is the case, then who and more importantly, why?

Steve,

I totally believe your sources are telling you what you are reporting, that the AC is not returning. I also believe though that you think as well that Master Gracey is telling the truth about what he is hearing. So If that is true, then we have the same, yet opposite, conspiracy as what Master Gracey believes is occurring. But my question is the same. By whom and to what end?

I know I am asking you both for conjecture, but it seems to me there is something to this question. :shrug:

vonpluto

If you both are telling the truth, then what we are left with is an obvious campaign of misdirection instigated by people within TDO. My question is: If that is the case, then who and more importantly, why?

:shrug:

Watson! The game is afoot!

great-mouse-detective.jpg

Master Gracey

Original Poster

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Congaloosh 5 days away and counting! If you haven't signed up, (and even if you already have check if you still are after the page went down a little while back) go here for adventure to call your name! http://congaloosh.org/home/

KUNGALOOSH!​

71jason

Bold new planters have been placed along the top step area (the patio?) of the Club. Effectively blocking any photo ops less than a week before Congaloosh. Too lazy to post the pic, but Master Gracie prolly will since Mrs. Gracie took it. :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Bold new planters have been placed along the top step area (the patio?) of the Club. Effectively blocking any photo ops less than a week before Congaloosh. Too lazy to post the pic, but Master Gracie prolly will since Mrs. Gracie took it. :)

:ROFLOL:

That's about as much BOLDNESS as we'll get anytime soon!

Master Gracey

Original Poster

BambooatClub.jpg

Oh, poor deluded Team Disney Orlando. Do you really think a small thicket of bamboo is going to stop us Adventurers? The Congaloosh will be having a photo shoot with or without your foliage.

KUNGALOOSH!​

71jason

:ROFLOL:

That's about as much BOLDNESS as we'll get anytime soon!

Always happy to see my dry wit is appreciated... :animwink:

Oh, poor deluded Team Disney Orlando. Do you really think a small thicket of bamboo is going to stop us Adventurers? The Congaloosh will be having a photo shoot with or without your foliage.

Seriously, I have no way of reading this other than as a middle finger to AdvClub fans. When even the Slantinel reports bookings are down (word is the Grand went to down 40% full...even with free dining), and you have to add trams to the parking lot because use of Magical Express is so far down (implying guests suddenly want to stay or at least visit off-property for some reason) and your biggest competitor in a decade is about to open...I might take a more guest-friendly approach.

Mouse Detective

Seriously, I have no way of reading this other than as a middle finger to AdvClub fans.

PI officials have to know that the AC reunion is this weekend which includes a visit to those steps for photos. The fact that planters have been brought in to block fans from taking decent photos takes a lot of gall.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
NeverForgetandNeverGiveUp.jpg

Please to remember the 27th of September
When Disney dissatisfied Guests a lot.
I see no reason why Disney's Pleasure Island treason
Should ever be forgot...

Three years ago today Disney made a great mistake. Let us hope by next year at this time, that mistake will be corrected. Kungaloosh!
~RG​

KUNGALOOSH!​

Scooter

Again...it's been 3 years. They've erased everything on the front of the building that refers to the AC. Now they are putting bushes on the steps to discourage photo ops. While I admire your perseverance, it's like you're making fools of yourselves pretending that the AC will ever return. It's Mister Toads Wild Ride all over again....Do yourselves a favor...lay down your arms and die with dignity.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Again...it's been 3 years. They've erased everything on the front of the building that refers to the AC. Now they are putting bushes on the steps to discourage photo ops. While I admire your perseverance, it's like you're making fools of yourselves pretending that the AC will ever return. It's Mister Toads Wild Ride all over again....Do yourselves a favor...lay down your arms and die with dignity.

Yes it has been three years and no matter what Disney does we will NEVER GIVE UP! Hyperion Wharf is dead, the building still stands, there are no plans of demolition, the chandelier still hangs and no matter what amount of foliage springs up, Adventurers will continue to use the hallowed steps for photographs. Also, with Adventurers Club refences continuing to spring up all over the world tells me that the fight is FAR from over. Again. . .no one is forcing you to open this thread and be a naysayer, if you do not approve of our fight to bring adventure back to Disney, then this is not the thread you are looking for, we may go about our buisness, move along. Last, but not least, Adventurers never die!

KUNGALOOSH!​

sakraft1

PI officials have to know that the AC reunion is this weekend which includes a visit to those steps for photos. The fact that planters have been brought in to block fans from taking decent photos takes a lot of gall.

Actually I think photos of fans with planters in front of the club will lend an air
of history to the photos. If you think about it, a lot of the other pictures of fans in front of the club could be from any time in the clubs history. With the planters in the photos, you will now be able to easily date the photos as "the year they put planters in front of it."

When life gives you bamboo, hire some pandas. Hey, that is an awesome last minute Congaloosh idea! Everybody bring pandas and hold them up for photo ops in front of the club.

I will not be at Congaloosh, I was in WDW last week (a trip we booked before Congaloosh was a free event). We tried to go to D-Street for a little Adventurers Club scavenger hunt but it was closed. All of the shops in that strip we closed, they must have been doing some building-wide maintenance. I have some photos of the club pre-bamboo though. I also have one of me impersonating Emil Bleehall, green shirt and all.

71jason

When the alternative is to admit your own incompetence and inability to perform your job, I suppose it helps to have scapegoats to rail against. I think that's B-school 101.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom