Save the Adventurers Club

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Speaking of Universal, latest rumor making the rounds has the Jeckyll & Hyde Club (an AdvClub rip-off from NYC) replacing Red Coconut Club. No idea on the initial source here--tho Screamscape also seems to have heard a variation on this--so take it with a grain of salt, but it would be interesting to see Universal make a play for Club fans.

Dang! I'm away for a few days and 71 beats me to it! I too have heard this from a certain Skipper who we all know and love. He also had an interesting story to tell me that one of his Universal contacts imparted on him. A few weeks ago, Bob Iger had visted Universal to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was reported to be a cordial visit all around with Iger and Universal Management disscussing the differences between how each park operates, and other such business. A few days later a Mansion Butler witnessed Iger and Magic Kingdom Vice President, Phil Holmes getting off the Haunted Mansion (we are to assume inspecting the new Hitchhiking Ghosts). Iger turned to Holmes and irritatedly muttered, "It's not Potter" and walked away!

If this is true, then finally Disney is realizing that they have to start keeping up with the Potters. (Which is still a sad state of affairs since, as we all know, Disney once led the theme park industry.) Also, if this is the case, then if The Jekyll & Hyde Club does open at Citywalk, we can only hope that it does exceedingly well to the point that Disney will have to take notice and say to themselves, "Wait, didn't we once have the attration that inspired that Club? Crap! Well, what are you minions waiting for, get that stuff off of the walls of D'Street, Tahitian Terrace and Mystic Manor and rush deliver it back to 5189 Hill St.!"

Also in response to majortom1981's post:
IN NYC there is a place exactly like the AC with a restaraunt called the Jekyll and Hyde club. Supposedly the owner got the idea from his time working at the adventurers club.

So much so, that they have a portraits of Otis T. Wren and Hathaway Browne on their walls!

n_a

Photo from Adventureres Club Yahoo! Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adventurers_Club/

n_a

Photo from Adventureres Club Yahoo! Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adventurers_Club/

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Oh boy, I though Disney Parks Blog had learned not to ask questions they didn't want true answers to, but the one I just found is, "What’s your favorite 'Disneyland After Dark' entertainment memory?" Now even though this is dealing with Disneyland, I'm sure we can retrofit it to our needs!

Also, they are advertising "Up Close With Indy Jones at Table in Wonderland" which I plan on commenting that it has been done, but so much better for ConGaloosh 2010 with true Adventurers enteraining the crowd!

Please Adventurers, we need to continue to let Disney know the mistake they made on Sept. 27, 2008 and we are not going to let them forget that we want our Club back. Lets get commenting!

What’s your favorite "Disneyland After Dark" entertainment memory?
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/this-day-in-history-disneyland-after-dark/

Up Close With Indy Jones at Table in Wonderland
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/up-close-with-indy-jones-at-table-in-wonderland-on-april-30/

KUNGALOOSH!​

Did Knee

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Oh boy, I though Disney Parks Blog had learned not to ask questions they didn't want true answers to, but the one I just found is, "What’s your favorite 'Disneyland After Dark' entertainment memory?" Now even though this is dealing with Disneyland, I'm sure we can retrofit it to our needs!

Also, they are advertising "Up Close With Indy Jones at Table in Wonderland" which I plan on commenting that it has been done, but so much better for ConGaloosh 2010 with true Adventurers enteraining the crowd!

Please Adventurers, we need to continue to let Disney know the mistake they made on Sept. 27, 2008 and we are not going to let them forget that we want our Club back. Lets get commenting!

What’s your favorite "Disneyland After Dark" entertainment memory?
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/this-day-in-history-disneyland-after-dark/

Up Close With Indy Jones at Table in Wonderland
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/up-close-with-indy-jones-at-table-in-wonderland-on-april-30/

KUNGALOOSH!​

Commented as requested! Kungaloosh My Friend!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Well the past few days have provided interesting rumors. The Save Pleasure Island Blog is covering the developing story of how Mannequins & 8TRAX exterior show lighting has been relit and managers have been seen coming in and out of the Adventurers Club! Some are saying that there is talk that the Hyperion Wharf project has been postponed or perhaps even canceled!

Read all about it here
http://www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/

If this is true, then it may be time for another round of letter writting to the upper Disney Management to get them set on the correct path of Adventure!

Also, the Disney Parks Blog's latest post that screams, "lets talk about the Adventurers Club", is "Wild Africa Trek Gets More Adventurous at Disney’s Animal Kingdom" featuring an interview with the Father of the Adventurer Club, Joe Rohde! Let's get a goodly number of posts up on this one Adventurers, to show Joe and Disney how we feel about the pearl that is our Club!

Wild Africa Trek Gets More Adventurous at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/wild-africa-trek-gets-more-adventurous-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

KUNGALOOSH!​

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Well the past few days have provided interesting rumors. The Save Pleasure Island Blog is covering the developing story of how Mannequins & 8TRAX exterior show lighting has been relit and managers have been seen coming in and out of the Adventurers Club! Some are saying that there is talk that the Hyperion Wharf project has been postponed or perhaps even canceled!

Read all about it here
http://www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/

If this is true, then it may be time for another round of letter writting to the upper Disney Management to get them set on the correct path of Adventure!

Also, the Disney Parks Blog's latest post that screams, "lets talk about the Adventurers Club", is "Wild Africa Trek Gets More Adventurous at Disney’s Animal Kingdom" featuring an interview with the Father of the Adventurer Club, Joe Rohde! Let's get a goodly number of posts up on this one Adventurers, to show Joe and Disney how we feel about the pearl that is our Club!

Wild Africa Trek Gets More Adventurous at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/wild-africa-trek-gets-more-adventurous-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

KUNGALOOSH!​

Wouldn't this news just kill JT04 if it's true. :lol:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I will be at The World next week (4th-12th) and my friend is a bartender @ PI - I'll see if I can squeeze some dirt out of him...

jt04

Wouldn't this news just kill JT04 if it's true. :lol:

Actually it wouldn't kill me as I wouldn't be going anywhere near the place if it is true. So I'd be fine.

For the record, I want the AC and CW to reopen. The rest? Not so much. And yes, if Iger canceled HW I would be very disappointed.

Unless they have an even 'bolder' plan.

lebeau

I don't understand why everybody views jt like a villain...

He provides good insight and a solid argument most of the time. It facilitates a better discussion on the topic.

I very rarely find jt's arguments "solid". Even when he has a point, he usually buries it under a bunch of double talk and vague nonesense.

He's viewed as a villain because most of his posts are intended to antagonize and then he plays the victim when people respond accordingly. It's tired.

You're entitled to your opinion of course. But I don't think many would agree that he "facilitates" much of anything. And he derails more threads than probably anyone else here, so I don't think he elevates the discussion very often either.

jt04

I very rarely find jt's arguments "solid". Even when he has a point, he usually buries it under a bunch of double talk and vague nonesense.

He's viewed as a villain because most of his posts are intended to antagonize and then he plays the victim when people respond accordingly. It's tired.

You're entitled to your opinion of course. But I don't think many would agree that he "facilitates" much of anything. And he derails more threads than probably anyone else here, so I don't think he elevates the discussion very often either.

Excuse me but this thread is about saving the Adventurers Club and not jt04. Can we get back on topic?

Thank you :wave:

71jason

I actually think the rumored cancellation is BAD for the AdvClub. It's not coming back as a 3rd party venue. I don't see Disney leasing out the intellectual property, nor do I see an independent operator being satisfied with the modest profit margin (the Club was profitable, but it was still kind of a loss leader compared to the building-sized ATMs that were the big dance clubs). As I said in another thread, I think at best we get an 80s club and a top 40 club with a revolving dance floor--better than empty buildings but not what we really want.

The problem is, an area with nightlife at WDW has to lessen the chances of the rumored "new PI"/"mini PI" with a new AdvClub at least three sources said was on the table for the area outside AK.

The only way I see the AdvClub returning is if TDO adopts a CityWalk model, and uses the Club to entice third parties to rent out the other spaces--basically showing they have skin in the game as well, and using the P.R. boost to promote the area as a whole. Sadly, I think that far-thinking a plan is beyond the intellectual capacity of the current management structure.

Magenta Panther

I actually think the rumored cancellation is BAD for the AdvClub. It's not coming back as a 3rd party venue. I don't see Disney leasing out the intellectual property, nor do I see an independent operator being satisfied with the modest profit margin (the Club was profitable, but it was still kind of a loss leader compared to the building-sized ATMs that were the big dance clubs). As I said in another thread, I think at best we get an 80s club and a top 40 club with a revolving dance floor--better than empty buildings but not what we really want.

The problem is, an area with nightlife at WDW has to lessen the chances of the rumored "new PI"/"mini PI" with a new AdvClub at least three sources said was on the table for the area outside AK.

The only way I see the AdvClub returning is if TDO adopts a CityWalk model, and uses the Club to entice third parties to rent out the other spaces--basically showing they have skin in the game as well, and using the P.R. boost to promote the area as a whole. Sadly, I think that far-thinking a plan is beyond the intellectual capacity of the current management structure.

I still think AdvClub needs to be relocated to AK. The club and the Animal Kingdom is a good fit, methinks. :)

71jason

I still think AdvClub needs to be relocated to AK. The club and the Animal Kingdom is a good fit, methinks. :)

Oh yeah, when I walk around AK being hit over the head with the kumbaya tree-hugger rhetoric, I always say to myself, "Self? What this place needs is a sport fisherman and a woman dressed in animal print who sing about hunting tigers." :ROFLOL:

But seriously, don't care where they put it, just re-open it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom