Save the Adventurers Club

Did Knee

By copying and posting this in this thread, you just sent all the people who want night clubs and the AC club to stay open to your original thread!
This survey/Poll means nothing unless you have a widespread demographic. You need equal amounts of voters ie old, young, married, married with children, etc.

Of course you are going to get a majority here saying they want night clubs and the AC back.

This is like going to an National Rifle Association meeting and having a poll like : "How many of you think we should have the right to bear arms?...now how many of you think we should ban hand guns?"

What do you suppose the results would be?:lol::rolleyes:

Scooter, I honestly couldn't think of an appropriate thread to use to get the attention of the anti-nightclub set. Would you help by posting in such a thread and directing them to the poll? Thank you so much if you would.

71jason

Scooter, I honestly couldn't think of an appropriate thread to use to get the attention of the anti-nightclub set. Would you help by posting in such a thread and directing them to the poll? Thank you so much if you would.

I don't know, seem to get a lot of the "anti-nightclub set" in this thread on a pretty regular basis.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
I don't know, seem to get a lot of the "anti-nightclub set" in this thread on a pretty regular basis.

True, but thankfully they are but a vast minority. Everyone knows the space between Marketplace and West Side is supposed to be the nightlife center of Walt Disney World. Otherwise there wouldn't be innocent guests, to this day, going to Pleasure Island in their clubbing outfits and ready to party, only to be turned away when they learn that the Clubs have been closed for two years.

Well put Did Knee! I wouldn't hold my breath on anyone finding a thread for the anti-nightclub set, it doesn't exist!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

71jason

Not exactly sure if this is April Fools or not. I read this over and over again wondering if I should post. So I said hey what the heck. It looks like something is go for HW.

http://http://www.mouseextra.com/2011/04/01/marvel-is-coming-to-wdw/

If it is a joke, cool.:ROFLOL: If not........what do you think?

The fact it's not prefaced with "This is not an April Fools Joke..." leads me to believe, strongly, that it's a hoax. Throw in the fact that (i) Disney wants no part of running anything at HW, and (ii) Uni's lawyers would shred them, and I wouldn't pay it any more mind.

[Sure we'll be hearing about this for years now, tho...]

Tinkerbell 8

I have never been to the Adventures Club and for a while I was wondering what everyone was making the big fuss about. But then I got a subscription to Celebrations magazine and my DH bought me a few back issues, one of which had a great article about the Adventures Club and after reading the article I am truly disapointed that I never got to experience this. I was wondering if anyone had some pictures, I was going to look through the thread but its 165 pages long so I thought I would just ask. Thanks! :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have never been to the Adventures Club and for a while I was wondering what everyone was making the big fuss about. But then I got a subscription to Celebrations magazine and my DH bought me a few back issues, one of which had a great article about the Adventures Club and after reading the article I am truly disapointed that I never got to experience this. I was wondering if anyone had some pictures, I was going to look through the thread but its 165 pages long so I thought I would just ask. Thanks! :wave:
Search Adventures Club on youtube and you will find a boat load of videos. Just to get you started here is one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMxvgJCL0XQ

Back to the issue at hand. Clearly, if the AC were in fact profitable as indicated in prior posts, it was insufficiently so to keep the club open on a stand alone basis. There is also mention of mold in the building. Mold can be handled w/o demo. The building itself was the #1 prop, so it's a shame to demo it and replace w/ grass. BUT< the whole concept/franchise is so unique and appealling, that it absolutely should be continued in some fashion. A crime not to do so...

The Adventurers CLub helped me thru a rough time many years ago. I understand business completely. But, for Disney to leave us hanging w/ insufficient closure is not right. I've made many trips there that I likely would not have made had there been no AC.

Did Knee

Back to the issue at hand. Clearly, if the AC were in fact profitable as indicated in prior posts, it was insufficiently so to keep the club open on a stand alone basis. There is also mention of mold in the building. Mold can be handled w/o demo. The building itself was the #1 prop, so it's a shame to demo it and replace w/ grass. BUT< the whole concept/franchise is so unique and appealling, that it absolutely should be continued in some fashion. A crime not to do so...

The Adventurers CLub helped me thru a rough time many years ago. I understand business completely. But, for Disney to leave us hanging w/ insufficient closure is not right. I've made many trips there that I likely would not have made had there been no AC.

I've always thought they should have added a restaurant (perhaps made AC a dinner show not unlike one of those dinner and a murder theater things) and a wierd gift shop (think of something like the Spencers chain of mall stores except with more shrunken heads, weird archeological looking statuettes like Zeus fishing miniatures, AC branded stuff like shot glasses, glassware, an AC branded "Clue" board game, AC character costumes, etc.). They could have grown the franchise and made it more profitable. To me what they are doing seems completely to defy logic.

majortom1981

I've always thought they should have added a restaurant (perhaps made AC a dinner show not unlike one of those dinner and a murder theater things) and a wierd gift shop (think of something like the Spencers chain of mall stores except with more shrunken heads, weird archeological looking statuettes like Zeus fishing miniatures, AC branded stuff like shot glasses, glassware, an AC branded "Clue" board game, AC character costumes, etc.). They could have grown the franchise and made it more profitable. To me what they are doing seems completely to defy logic.

IN NYC there is a place exactly like the AC with a restaraunt called the Jekyll and Hyde club. Supposedly the owner got the idea from his time working at the adventurers club. It can be expensive but its tons of fun. especially if you liked the adventurers club. I have seen hour long lines to get in. The adventurers club should have been like this . would have made tons of money.

71jason

KungalooshAL;4520264[B said:
Back to the issue at hand. [/B]Clearly, if the AC were in fact profitable as indicated in prior posts, it was insufficiently so to keep the club open on a stand alone basis.

It was modestly profitable. Probably not enough to support rebuilding it as a stand-alone venue. But it was never meant to work as a stand-alone venue anyway. The humor only works in the context of a PI-like enviornment (why a restaurant would fail as well).

That said, WDW very much needs an "adult nightlife" area, and I'm sure a rebuilt Club could once again be its crown jewel.

But, for Disney to leave us hanging w/ insufficient closure is not right.

Although only a hundred or so could be there, I think the final Hoopla at the 2009 Congaloosh really was the appropriate send-off/"closure" for an old friend (personally, I preferred it to the far too maudlin final Hoopla in 2008). I'm certain there's video online somewhere, worth searching out.

iheartarkansas

IN NYC there is a place exactly like the AC with a restaraunt called the Jekyll and Hyde club. Supposedly the owner got the idea from his time working at the adventurers club.

Thank you for your post, I will definitely be checking that out! Maybe more people will open AC-like nightclubs in other large cities.

Pioneer Hall

IN NYC there is a place exactly like the AC with a restaraunt called the Jekyll and Hyde club. Supposedly the owner got the idea from his time working at the adventurers club. It can be expensive but its tons of fun. especially if you liked the adventurers club. I have seen hour long lines to get in. The adventurers club should have been like this . would have made tons of money.

I've been a number of times, but I have never had the fun there that I have had at the AC. Sure the interactive idea is similar, but I don't think that it is on the same level that the AC was. I was a bigger fan as a kid, but I also think that the place has become incredibly expensive and I don't think it warrants the cost anymore unfortunately.

TP2000

There were rumors that parts of the Adventurer's Club might show up in the new Tangaroa Terrace restaurant and cocktail lounge opening this summer at the Disneyland Hotel pool area. My assertion was that any AC reference would go right over the head of 99.5% of Disneyland visitors.

But today Al Lutz had a new update with lots of juicy Disneyland gossip, and this reference about the new Tangaroa Terrace bar...

"And after 18 months of heavy construction the Disneyland Hotel executives also want to publicly market their remade rooms and new Polynesian restaurant and bar with the clever interactive effects that are activated upon ordering certain cocktails or menu items...." -Al Lutz

So my question is, as someone who never went inside the Adventurer's Club, is the interactive effects in the room that are activated by specific drink or menu orders an AC concept? Did the AC do that, and that's where the effects are coming from? If so, I'd like to see a Youtube video or something of how that worked.

I can't wait to order things and make the tiki masks on the wall talk back to me, or something. But I'm a bit confused on how this might work, and if it's a gag borrowed from the Adventurer's Club? :confused:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There were rumors that parts of the Adventurer's Club might show up in the new Tangaroa Terrace restaurant and cocktail lounge opening this summer at the Disneyland Hotel pool area. My assertion was that any AC reference would go right over the head of 99.5% of Disneyland visitors.

But today Al Lutz had a new update with lots of juicy Disneyland gossip, and this reference about the new Tangaroa Terrace bar...

"And after 18 months of heavy construction the Disneyland Hotel executives also want to publicly market their remade rooms and new Polynesian restaurant and bar with the clever interactive effects that are activated upon ordering certain cocktails or menu items...." -Al Lutz

So my question is, as someone who never went inside the Adventurer's Club, is the interactive effects in the room that are activated by specific drink or menu orders an AC concept? Did the AC do that, and that's where the effects are coming from? If so, I'd like to see a Youtube video or something of how that worked.

I can't wait to order things and make the tiki masks on the wall talk back to me, or something. But I'm a bit confused on how this might work, and if it's a gag borrowed from the Adventurer's Club? :confused:
Not remotely. The only somewhat automated item in the club was the yackoose and it was largely seen as an annoyance. All of the talking wall items were controlled by people...think Turtle Talk without the screen....and all were a part of a particular show. This video is of one such show in th mask room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAZQ81A9jdE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom