Save the Adventurers Club

It was modestly profitable. Probably not enough to support rebuilding it as a stand-alone venue. But it was never meant to work as a stand-alone venue anyway. The humor only works in the context of a PI-like enviornment (why a restaurant would fail as well). .
That said, "modestly profitable" is often insufficiently so...

71jason

So my question is, as someone who never went inside the Adventurer's Club, is the interactive effects in the room that are activated by specific drink or menu orders an AC concept? Did the AC do that, and that's where the effects are coming from? If so, I'd like to see a Youtube video or something of how that worked.

Actually it's a Wizarding World of Harry Potter concept. The hog's head in the "Hogshead Pub" comes to life whenever they pull the tap on the signature beer (although I believe the bartenders can activate it whenever they want, as well).

That said, if you search "Adventurers Club" and "Mask Room," you can probably get an idea of what's going into DL. From what I've read, without the show however.

Actually it's a Wizarding World of Harry Potter concept. The hog's head in the "Hogshead Pub" comes to life whenever they pull the tap on the signature beer (although I believe the bartenders can activate it whenever they want, as well).
I knew the Adventurers Club. The Adventurers Club was a friend of mine. Harry Potter, you're no Adventurers Club !

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Oh Wow! Only in the Adventurers Club would someone willingly volunteer to be duct taped to a chair to help Fletcher Hodges with an electricution experiment. WE NEED THE CLUB BACK NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGry-pRN_AI

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

71jason

I saw a jumbo shrimp at Universal yesterday!

Speaking of Universal, latest rumor making the rounds has the Jeckyll & Hyde Club (an AdvClub rip-off from NYC) replacing Red Coconut Club. No idea on the initial source here--tho Screamscape also seems to have heard a variation on this--so take it with a grain of salt, but it would be interesting to see Universal make a play for Club fans.

wilsonhanks

Speaking of Universal, latest rumor making the rounds has the Jeckyll & Hyde Club (an AdvClub rip-off from NYC) replacing Red Coconut Club. No idea on the initial source here--tho Screamscape also seems to have heard a variation on this--so take it with a grain of salt, but it would be interesting to see Universal make a play for Club fans.

I didn't see this on screamscape.......Coconut seems to be the most likely Citywalk place to be worked on, it can be busy, but it mostly is empty.

It seems that the more specialized locations in Citywalk do better, so a club type experience would probably be slammed.

I think the mix of businesses is a lot better than PI had, especially when considering those that liked the club.

Mouse Detective

The Save PI blog reported the Latin quarter was going to be turned into a Brazilian steak house later this year but that no clubs were closing. Any links to the report about Red Coconut?

71jason

The Save PI blog reported the Latin quarter was going to be turned into a Brazilian steak house later this year but that no clubs were closing. Any links to the report about Red Coconut?

As I alluded to, Screamscape apparently heard J&H is looking to open somewhere in Orlando. The tip about Red Coconut wasn't from an online source (at least that's not how I heard it). Strictly rumor, no inside info on this one, but my source is pretty tight with the entertainment/acting scene in town.

didnt the Coconut just open ???

Not really, been at least 3 years, probably 4 or 5. And as Wilson said, it can be popular, but more often seems pretty dead (it can't ever seem to decide what it wants to be). Also, RCC and Rising Star are the only Universal-run venues, may be looking to go third party like Disney.

wilsonhanks

As I alluded to, Screamscape apparently heard J&H is looking to open somewhere in Orlando. The tip about Red Coconut wasn't from an online source (at least that's not how I heard it). Strictly rumor, no inside info on this one, but my source is pretty tight with the entertainment/acting scene in town.

Not really, been at least 3 years, probably 4 or 5. And as Wilson said, it can be popular, but more often seems pretty dead (it can't ever seem to decide what it wants to be). Also, RCC and Rising Star are the only Universal-run venues, may be looking to go third party like Disney.

Interesting, I always thought Groove was Universal run.

Also, chek out this old WDW magic thread on Coconut location and J&H http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=48593

scpergj

While Margaritaville, Pat O'Brien's and Fat Tuesday are franchises, they are all owned and operated by Universal. This includes The Groove, Latin Quarter and Bob Marley's too.

Oh man...they have a Fat Tuesday?? Guess where SWMBO and I will be spending an evening on our next adults only trip.....!!!!!

71jason

Also, chek out this old WDW magic thread on Coconut location and J&H http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=48593

Funny, maybe got the idea 6 years ago. From that same thread, I think Uni missed a gold mine letting Dave & Busters go down the street rather than somehow shoehorning it into CityWalk.

While Margaritaville, Pat O'Brien's and Fat Tuesday are franchises, they are all owned and operated by Universal. This includes The Groove, Latin Quarter and Bob Marley's too.

Interesting, I always thought Margaritaville was more independent than that (had an acquaintance get a manager position and shoot up the corporate ladder there).

What about Bubba Gumps? Could they theoretically share kitchen space with J&H?

Oh man...they have a Fat Tuesday?? Guess where SWMBO and I will be spending an evening on our next adults only trip.....!!!!!

It's just a walk-up bar, FYI. Good place to start the evening, tho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom