Save the Adventurers Club

SeaCastle

Just to re-iterate what Lee said, most, if not all, of the closed clubs being demolished will become grassy fields.

For someone like me that hasn't even step foot on PI, I'm disgusted.

mattnrach

Nothing.
As in grass and mulch nothing.

It's so stupid...:brick:

well thanks for letting us know anyway:brick:
thats a big chunk of prime real estate..really dumb decision to put nothing there.. i thought tdo was all about $$$.. how is grass making money??

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Nothing.
As in grass and mulch nothing.

It's so stupid...:brick:

Bold new vision indeed. Unless they're referring to line-of-sight......

facepalm_anim_test-03.gif

MKCP 1985

Ok....here it is....wait for it....get ready....

Adventurers Club and BET are being replaced by...
:mad:

:(

:fork:

:cry:

Absolutely nothing.

well, heck. Wouldn't expect an official announcement of a plan to do nothing, so this revelation seals the thread for me.

You all have done a great job of saving the club in terms of preserving the memories and the spirit of the place, its cast and clientele. Bravo to each of you!

A true shame it didn't work out, but maybe someday the circumstances will be ripe for another shot at the concept. The plans at Disneyland are somewhat encouraging, at least. "Never" is a long time. Who knows. . .

lazyboy97o

thats a big chunk of prime real estate..really dumb decision to put nothing there.. i thought tdo was all about $$$.. how is grass making money??
Seems like a way for Disney to try and save face with their abysmal efforts to find tenants, saying it was always supposed to be about opening up the island and creating views of Lake Buena Vista. Instead of admitting they screwed up, they'd rather just tear it down. If the plan was always for open space it should have been torn down well before now.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Absolutely nothing.
Deep inside I always new that the AC would never again meet in the original building. I am holding onto a fleeting hope that the club will get a new home one of these days.

SeaCastle

No empty buildings means not paying taxes, air conditioning, plumbing, or maintenance.

In essence, it's a great decision financially. There's no reason to have buildings awaiting tenants when no one is paying for rent or maintenance (except Disney).

Master Gracey

Original Poster

Absolutely nothing.

If this is true, then prepair for round three of letter writing, e-mailing and phone calling which will be known as, "Rebuild our Adventurers Club"!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

jt04

If I recall correctly the MK had some grassy areas when it opened. Three of the fields are now occupied by E tickets. Everest was also just an empty lot mere years ago.

So this could be for eventual expansion. It could be for seasonal offerings such as art shows, boat shows, car shows, food markets etc etc. It could be a viewing area. It could be another park. It could be for a giant waffle stand with tables.

An open area allows for versatility and more varied offerings. So there you go. That is my guess. :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If I recall correctly the MK had some grassy areas when it opened. Three of the fields are now occupied by E tickets. Everest was also just an empty lot mere years ago.

So this could be for eventual expansion. It could be for seasonal offerings such as art shows, boat shows, car shows, food markets etc etc. It could be a viewing area. It could be another park. It could be for a giant waffle stand with tables.

An open area allows for versatility and more varied offerings. So there you go. That is my guess. :shrug:
You would be correct, except they were more landscaped areas than grassy fields.
And is now an empty mountain.

As long as it's themed as a waffle. :lol:

SeaCastle

According to the plans I have (dated in February), the grassy fields aren't even la belled for future expansion. The Comedy Warehouse area was labeled as a "future entertainment parcel" but everything else was just labeled "seed and mulch" with nothing indicating it will be used in the future.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen. But currently there aren't plans for anything to replace the fields anytime in the near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom