Save the Adventurers Club

Did Knee

As for an Adventurers Club update as of an hour ago, Chandelier still hangs, Yakoose still moving, and Zues still standing, rod proud.

I'm a fan of the AC and would love to see its return. My question is can anything really be read into the fact that these things are still in place? If they are tearing down the building in the next week or two, don't they have plenty of time to remove them yet? Do you need to knock down a wall perhaps to get Zeus out of the building? Master Gracey, what are your thoughts about these objects (Zeus, chandelier, yakoose)? You seem to hang your hopes that the club is not done for on their presence. Is there any particular reason why you feel their presence makes tear-down less likely?

WDWScottieBoy

Was so glad to be able to see the AC one last time this past week. Had to get a picture of me in front of the club, even with people eyeing my as I went over the ropes. :lol:

Mouse Detective

During the day there is very little security around and it's easy to go over the chain to get pictures. After 5pm or so there are usually 1-2 security guards wandering around and they'll run you off if they catch you behind a chain.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
And now, the immortal words of Col. Critchlow Sunchbench:

2858192344_af73d7b697.jpg

When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.​

So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!​

Happy St. Patrick's Day, may that next year we will all be commiting no sin inside the Adventurers Club's Main Salon!​

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
PI is a freakin boondoggle. Replace the most popular, best themed, most fun entertainment spot on property with grass. Well done TDO.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
I'm a fan of the AC and would love to see its return. My question is can anything really be read into the fact that these things are still in place? If they are tearing down the building in the next week or two, don't they have plenty of time to remove them yet? Do you need to knock down a wall perhaps to get Zeus out of the building? Master Gracey, what are your thoughts about these objects (Zeus, chandelier, yakoose)? You seem to hang your hopes that the club is not done for on their presence. Is there any particular reason why you feel their presence makes tear-down less likely?

Well, my only thoughts on this matter are, there is no way the building will go down, while these items are in place. They can't start demolition if an incredibly heavy chandelier is still hanging, which can't be taken down while Zeus is still underneath it. And they are not going to just leave an animatronic head become a part of the ruble, so that's all I have on those items.

So is there absolutely positively no way the AC is coming back? WOW, I miss that place.

I don't think that has been established. Even if the unthinkable happens (demolition) it can, and must be rebuilt. If not on Pleasure Island, than an area around Animal Kingdom has been rumored to be the next destination of Merriweather's earthbound treehouse. Never give up hope Adventurers!

KUNGALOOSH!

Mouse Detective

Well, my only thoughts on this matter are, there is no way the building will go down, while these items are in place. They can't start demolition if an incredibly heavy chandelier is still hanging, which can't be taken down while Zeus is still underneath it. And they are not going to just leave an animatronic head become a part of the ruble, so that's all I have on those items.

That huge mural on the outside of the RRBC building did not keep them from knocking the entire place down. But I do find it odd that everything was emptied out of AC but those few items were left in there.

Did Knee

Has there been any breath or rumor from any insider that gives us a breath of hope for the AC? Has anyone heard anything from anyone of substance lately that we can pin our hopes to?? I need a kungaloosh......:(

vonpluto

Wow. That's a really depressing read. I'd never been to the Adventurers Club, and I have no emtional attachment to it. But I spent many nights in the 1990's on Pleasure Island and have fond memories of the place.

And that's just a depressing read to see what it is becoming now. Seed & Mulch. :brick:

Could be the birth of a new dynamic Disney Duo.

Seed & Mulch
Phineas & Ferb
Lilo & Stitch
Chip & Dale
Mickey & Minnie
Walt & Roy.......

Master Gracey

Original Poster
WOW! Rare footage of the greatest Disney Parade of all time found on Youtube. "The 11:30 Parade Out Of The Unisex Bathroom" as filmed on the infamouse "Black Out Night"! Enjoy Adventurers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkSCfJnDpQA

KUNGALOOSH!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom