Save the Adventurers Club

WDWScottieBoy

This may be answered somewhere, but does anyone know where Kirk (the door host/bartender) is working at Disney now? Would love to see him on my next visit. My wife and I always loved talking with him.

a2grafix

This may be answered somewhere, but does anyone know where Kirk (the door host/bartender) is working at Disney now? Would love to see him on my next visit. My wife and I always loved talking with him.

Last time I heard, Kirk was working at the Contemporary Resort at The Wave.

Guys? Gals?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Last time I heard, Kirk was working at the Contemporary Resort at The Wave.

Guys? Gals?
He is at the Contemporary but he is was working at the convention center. I ran into him during the Travel Agent Earmarked convention in late January.

71jason

He is at the Contemporary but he is was working at the convention center. I ran into him during the Travel Agent Earmarked convention in late January.

Yes, working conventions at Contemporary. Actually bumped into him a couple weeks ago, he also picks up some shifts at the Bob Evans on west 192.

sakraft1

The Adventurers Club is going into space today! NASA is doing this thing called Face In Space where they will fly your photo aboard one of the 2 last shuttle missions (one of which, STS-133 launches today) and I sent a picture of me in front of the club.

Its probably the closest I'll get to actually going into space.

https://faceinspace.nasa.gov/index.aspx

fredtom

We stopped by the CR Convention Center last November to see if we could catch Kirk, but it was his day off.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

sittle

On Feb 15th 2011, the wife and I stopped by and paid our respects... I hoped the chain and gave the building a hug!! :ROFLOL: ... then I thought "How can I get the "Adventurer's Club Cart" sign off the drink cart... :ROFLOL:

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

I don't know how I missed this fantastic opportunity for so long, but here is the chance to use the "Let the Memories Begin" campaign to our advantage! Below is a link to a site where you can subit a photo of a favorite Disney memory as well as tell the photo's story (in 1000 words or less)! So, I propose we flood this campaign with adventurous photos and memories. Oh, and be be sure to add in your stories how you would like the Club to reopen so more memories can be made!

Kungaloosh!

http://apps.facebook.com/disneyparksmemories/

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Scooter

WARNING!

Before you submit anything, you should read the terms and conditions section.

It specifies that "flooding" is not allowed.

jDoor

Banned
AC is due to start demolition within a couple weeks.. thought I'd give you guys a heads up.. At utils to that zone of PI have been shut off, there are temporary Electrical bus lines running behind the buildings for nightime illumination.. This will be removed just prior to demo beginning.

AC is due to start demolition within a couple weeks.. thought I'd give you guys a heads up.. At utils to that zone of PI have been shut off, there are temporary Electrical bus lines running behind the buildings for nightime illumination.. This will be removed just prior to demo beginning.

Dislike...

sakraft1

You can also submit from the website (rather than Facebook):

http://memories.disneyparks.disney.go.com

I submitted my story about the time Graves gave me a letter at the club. I don't think you are "flooding" if you are submitting a legitimate memory. As long as you aren't doing multiple ones. I would not be surprised if they approve each submission manually, so any over negative submission might not make it very far.

sakraft1

:(

Drop Your Drawers just came up randomly on my ipod as I was reading this :lol:. I turned an excerpt of the youtube video into an mp3. Someone needs to make a better recording of that song. When the club is rebuilt and reopened.

Alektronic

I heard some items from the Adventurers Club are making their way to the Disneyland Hotel. The new Traders Sam bar will have a lot of interactive props in their lounge area.

wilsonhanks

:(

Drop Your Drawers just came up randomly on my ipod as I was reading this :lol:. I turned an excerpt of the youtube video into an mp3. Someone needs to make a better recording of that song. When the club is rebuilt and reopened.

There is actually a group of decent quality mp3s straight from a camcorder that could capture the audio quite well.

Just about every song that was performed.

Lee

Adventurer
So...would now be a good time for me to fill my fellow adventurers in on what is currently planned to replace our dear Club?

I warn you...it isn't good...:mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom