Save the Adventurers Club

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
According to the plans I have (dated in February), the grassy fields aren't even la belled for future expansion. The Comedy Warehouse area was labeled as a "future entertainment parcel" but everything else was just labeled "seed and mulch" with nothing indicating it will be used in the future.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen. But currently there aren't plans for anything to replace the fields anytime in the near future.

Just as there were no plans to replace Pleasure Island to begin with.....so not much has changed. :shrug:

CDavid

Lets see, empty lots over at Flamingo Crossings, so now they want to replicate the same winning strategy on Hyperion Wharf.

Well, at least they're consistent!

lazyboy97o

If I recall correctly the MK had some grassy areas when it opened. Three of the fields are now occupied by E tickets. Everest was also just an empty lot mere years ago.
Or it could just sit empty like the West Side expansion site.

So this could be for eventual expansion. It could be for seasonal offerings such as art shows, boat shows, car shows, food markets etc etc. It could be a viewing area. It could be another park. It could be for a giant waffle stand with tables.
Just like so many other malls and lifestyle centers across the country. How original.

71jason

Seems like a way for Disney to try and save face with their abysmal efforts to find tenants, saying it was always supposed to be about opening up the island and creating views of Lake Buena Vista. Instead of admitting they screwed up [AND RE-OPENING A LARGELY RECESSION-PROOF REVENUE STREAM], they'd rather just tear it down.

I modified your quote slightly, but yeah, complete agreement. Thinking the Orlando market matched the Anaheim market, overestimating how many eateries DTD could support (despite historical evidence), overvaluing the worth of a DTD location--too many basic mistakes by management. Were I a shareholder, I would be peeved.

jt04

Or it could just sit empty like the West Side expansion site.

Just like so many other malls and lifestyle centers across the country. How original.

The difference being, of course, that this version will be infused with Disney imagination and creativity.

And that is a big difference.

It will be amazing :sohappy:

Mouse Detective

Seems like a way for Disney to try and save face with their abysmal efforts to find tenants, saying it was always supposed to be about opening up the island and creating views of Lake Buena Vista. Instead of admitting they screwed up, they'd rather just tear it down. If the plan was always for open space it should have been torn down well before now.

Excuse me for being picky. The water behind PI is Village Lake, not Lake Buena Vista. Lake Buena Vista is a lake located along Hotel Plaza Blvd, behind the Buena Vista Palace and Wyndhm hotels.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
The difference being, of course, that this version will be infused with Disney imagination and creativity.

It will be amazing

Without the soul of Pleasure Island, Hyperion Wharf doesn't stand a chance as illustrated in this well thought out article posted a couple of days ago on save Pleasure Island Blog.

http://freelinemediaorlando.com/will-hyperion-wharf-save-pleasure-island-or-make-it-more-ordinary-the-debate-is-on/

As for an Adventurers Club update as of an hour ago, Chandelier still hangs, Yakoose still moving, and Zues still standing, rod proud.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

flavious27

It will be amazing :sohappy:

wasn't pi also infused with Disney imagination and creativity, and look what tdo did to that.

flavious27

Without the soul of Pleasure Island, Hyperion Wharf doesn't stand a chance as illustrated in this well thought out article posted a couple of days ago on save Pleasure Island Blog.

http://freelinemediaorlando.com/will-hyperion-wharf-save-pleasure-island-or-make-it-more-ordinary-the-debate-is-on/

As for an Adventurers Club update as of an hour ago, Chandelier still hangs, Yakoose still moving, and Zues still standing, rod proud.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

I agree with the article, HW will make DTD and PI weaker than before. The decision to build HW was shortsided and will just leave the next tdo with the problem of lower crowds at dtd and pi.

jt04

I agree with the article, HW will make DTD and PI weaker than before. The decision to build HW was shortsided and will just leave the next tdo with the problem of lower crowds at dtd and pi.

I disagree with the article. Because it is wrong, short-sighted and very biased.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The thread name is "Save the Adventurers Club", it isn't Hyperion Wharf will save DTD and PI.

Right. Save the Adventurer's Club. One part of PI that the supporters of the club don't want to see demolished. That doesn't mean they're bashing WDI or the designer's of HW. Most here would have been perfectly content to keep the AC as part of the new design.....

flavious27

Right. Save the Adventurer's Club. One part of PI that the supporters of the club don't want to see demolished. That doesn't mean they're bashing WDI or the designer's of HW. Most here would have been perfectly content to keep the AC as part of the new design.....

I don't know if anyone is going to bash wdi or hw's design as the downfall for PI's past or its future, that blame falls onto tdo for their management of the site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom