Sad News for Mission: Space

Centrifugeer

Originally posted by Corrus
Sorry, couldn't resist...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Height Restriction Mission:SPACE

42 Inches.

There's a maximum too. iirc, it's 84 inches. Shaq and Yao Ming will not be riding Mission: Space. Bummer for them. :D

Edit: Minimum height restriction is 44". Your son will still be happy.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Centrifugeer
There's a maximum too. iirc, it's 84 inches. Shaq and Yao Ming will not be riding Mission: Space. Bummer for them. :D

Edit: Minimum height restriction is 44". Your son will still be happy.

Yeah...I was gonna say, I seemed to remember hearing 44" and thinking "Just like Space Mountain!" I can understand the maximum height restriction, though, due to the size of the pods. Still...7 feet isn't that bad of a max. Thanks for the info, centrifugeer!

mbro2002

Tonight, 4/28, there was a party going on in the Mission:Space courtyard. All the nearby walkways were blocked off so I couldn't get close, but I could see maybe 30 people walking around the planets.

Also, tonight was the first time in a while that I've seen the ride's marquee sign lit up. The Mission:Space logo really looks good with its lights on, and the planet Earth behind the sign was spinning.

I obviously don't have any idea what this was, but WDI always holds a party for every attraction when it is nearing completion. We can hope....

AndyMagic

Originally posted by mbro2002
Tonight, 4/28, there was a party going on in the Mission:Space courtyard. All the nearby walkways were blocked off so I couldn't get close, but I could see maybe 30 people walking around the planets.

Also, tonight was the first time in a while that I've seen the ride's marquee sign lit up. The Mission:Space logo really looks good with its lights on, and the planet Earth behind the sign was spinning.

I obviously don't have any idea what this was, but WDI always holds a party for every attraction when it is nearing completion. We can hope....
This is good news indeed. This, combined with Centrifuger saying that it will be opening, at least to some extent in late June/ early July. Centriguer, might I ask how you know this information?

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by AndyMagic
This is good news indeed. This, combined with Centrifuger saying that it will be opening, at least to some extent in late June/ early July. Centriguer, might I ask how you know this information?

Centrifugeer didn't say it would be opening by then, he said not to be surprised if it does--just meaning there is a significant chance that it will. Don't misconstrue what he said or some of the others hear will bite your head off...from experience.:fork:

AndyMagic

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Centrifugeer didn't say it would be opening by then, he said not to be surprised if it does--just meaning there is a significant chance that it will. Don't misconstrue what he said or some of the others hear will bite your head off...from experience.:fork:
I meant to put "might open" but for some reason didn't. Sorry about that. Although at least I don't have an avatar that says... Mission: SPACE will be opening on August 15th, not earlier, maybe later. :hammer: When in fact, the chances of it opening later are actually less than it opening earlier.

ToTBellHop

I meant to put "might open" but for some reason didn't. Sorry about that. Although at least I don't have an avatar that says... Mission: SPACE will be opening on August 15th, not earlier, maybe later. :hammer: When in fact, the chances of it opening later are actually less than it opening earlier.

Yes...that particular avatar is obnoxious, but to each his own. Maybe some of us have too much time on our paws or something...

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Yes...that particular avatar is obnoxious, but to each his own. Maybe some of us have too much time on our paws or something...

don't forget- I can read your posts. And it took me less than 5 minutes to make the original one... whereas i've seen other anonymous parties post for hours on end.

Thanks to Erik for pointing this out to me..

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by mktiggerman
don't forget- I can read your posts. And it took me less than 5 minutes to make the original one... whereas i've seen other anonymous parties post for hours on end.

Thanks to Erik for pointing this out to me..

I had hoped you would read it :) At least we both agree to stay vague with our posts...it's amusing:)

darthdarrel

I have no problem with Robs avatar! And some people obviously have to much time on their hand as to criticize other peoples avatars.

Listen, I have told you before and I am going to tell you again. Rob has more knowledge of the workings of the park in his foot than you and Andy combined...get a life.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
i only change my avatar when I feel like I need to... like when

A- I go into @$$hole mode, and break out the evil or "aimed" avatars (like now)

B-MaELStROMrOCkS returns and I break out my dictionary.com avatar

C-I feel inspired to change it

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I have no problem with Robs avatar! And some people obviously have to much time on their hand as to criticize other peoples avatars.

the fact that it's geared toward one or two people, in particular, makes it...at least amusing that he made it. Maybe he was going for humor...that, it is.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by mktiggerman
i only change my avatar when I feel like I need to... like when

A- I go into @$$hole mode, and break out the evil or "aimed" avatars (like now)

B-MaELStROMrOCkS returns and I break out my dictionary.com avatar

C-I feel inspired to change it

thanks for admitting your reasoning.:)

TURKEY

Did you mean to change your signature length to five lines or less like Steve asked?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom