Sad News for Mission: Space

AndyMagic

Originally posted by DogsRule!
They are going to train for 3.5 months with just cast previews? I highly doubt that. If these cms are so skilled, and I think they are, then they don't need 3.5 months of training, do they? Are they going to send them home for a few weeks to chill after training, or open the ride early to make more money?
My thoughts exactly! How long can you be trained to load and unload a ride??? Unless the training process consists of people sitting around and twiddling their thumbs for a few hours each day, I don't see the need for nearly 4 months of training. I know the ride is complex but it isn't exactly rocket science.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
They are going to train for 3.5 months with just cast previews? I highly doubt that. If these cms are so skilled, and I think they are, then they don't need 3.5 months of training, do they? Are they going to send them home for a few weeks to chill after training, or open the ride early to make more money?

have you ever worked for Disney before. I doubt you have. To train someone for something ENTIRELY new takes time. A lot of time. Not 3.5 months, but upwards of 2. They are writing the SOP's as they train the first groups of CM's among other things. Not to mention, these CM's are still being cross-utilized with their home areas. Finally, this is Disney we're talking about. If there's one thing CM's know, it's things happen vvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slowly at Disney.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by AndyMagic
I understand what you mean and I agree that it is indeed, "Gonna happen" in that it will in fact open on August 15th. This doesn't mean other things won't happen such as testing on guests before the date. Like I said in a previous thread, people like Weiss and Eisner sometimes no less than people in lower positions. Yet again I would like to state that Eisner called Animal Kingdom's new thrill ride, "CLIMING Everest" and called Magic Kingdom's newest attraction, "Mickey's SPECTROMAGIC" Yes Weiss said it and of course it is probably true to some extent but there is certainly a chance for an opening before August 15th.

The fact that Eisner called attractions by the wrong name doesn't mean anything at all. Do you understand that Eisner's main priority isn't the parks? He's in charge of the ENTIRE Walt Disney Company, and all of the other comapnies that Disney owns. He has more important things to do than worry about an exact name of an attraction, at one of MANY parks, in one of many cities, and of a ride that wasn't even realeased to the public yet. He SHOULD know less about what a ride is called than even us.

On the other hand, Al Wiess is SOLELY in charge of the parks. WHat does that mean? It means this:

What he says, as stated above, is gold, and it stands above any historical reasoning you may conjure up to make yourself feel better about missing this attraction in late July - Early August.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
hey Zac. Don't worry... when some these people get home and start griping about how they didn't get to ride it, we can always say... "WE TOLD YOU SO!!"

:drevil:

AndyMagic

Originally posted by mktiggerman
hey Zac. Don't worry... when some these people get home and start griping about how they didn't get to ride it, we can always say... "WE TOLD YOU SO!!"

I am heading down there on June 23rd. It is quite obvious to me that it will not be open. I am not saying these things to make myself feel better, I'm saying them because I believe they have at least some validity.

ToTBellHop

Whatever people. The fact remains that it does not take 3.5 months to train CMs. Even the worst CMs in the company wouldn't take that long, and these CMs hired for the job are the best of the best. Furthermore, it does not take the entire opening crew being trained to start letting guests ride--you do not need 100 Cast Members at a time to run this attraction on a limited basis. When I come back with my SPACE t-shirt on August 6th having ridden SPACE, I will be the one saying "I told you so". It is clear to me there is FAR more support for the case that the ride will open early than there is that it will open later. Your sole argument is "Al Weiss said it". Fantastic. I am happy for him. Enough arguing; we've heard the cases; this is getting old.

SpongeScott

Whatever people. The fact remains that it does not take 3.5 months to train CMs. Enough arguing; we've heard the cases; this is getting old.
Yes--enough of your arrogance. MKT is a reliable source of information as a CM. Way more often than not, he is correct. It seems that at best you are hoping upon hope that M:S will be open when you are there in early August just because you want the chance to ride it. If it doesn't open, you will miss it and you don't want that to happen. Disney has spoken officially on this, whether you agree with them or not. I don't know many companies calling 19 year olds for opinions on official announcements or policies, so if Disney has done something different this time, it is Disney's choice to do so. If it doesn't fit with your thinking or your vacation time schedule, too bad. Your best option right now is to go with what Disney has said--August 15. If it goes earlier, great and good for you and everyone else that will be there in that time frame. But for now, August 15 is it. And as for taking 3.5 months, how do we know what this ride/attraction will entail for training? I don't think you've been in on the planning of the attraction to know exactly what all this will take. Dude, take August 15 and bank it--maybe you'll get lucky, but luck is not official.

And then rob, there are those of us who get to say "Cast Previews":lol:

Whatever people. The fact remains that it does not take 3.5 months to train CMs. Even the worst CMs in the company wouldn't take that long, and these CMs hired for the job are the best of the best. Furthermore, it does not take the entire opening crew being trained to start letting guests ride--you do not need 100 Cast Members at a time to run this attraction on a limited basis. When I come back with my SPACE t-shirt on August 6th having ridden SPACE, I will be the one saying "I told you so". It is clear to me there is FAR more support for the case that the ride will open early than there is that it will open later. Your sole argument is "Al Weiss said it". Fantastic. I am happy for him. Enough arguing; we've heard the cases; this is getting old.

Bro, pull your head outta your a$$ and listen to people who know what they are talking about. Rob has way more information about the working of the parks than you will ever have. To me, if he lets us know something, it is a viable and reliable source, not some "future vet" who just wants it to be open for him. Sorry to break it to you, but Disney isn't planning this attraction for Kyle, they are planning it for the other millions of people who want to ride this. Why don't you just call Al and ask him to arrange a special ride for just you? That way people don't have to listen to the arrogance.

Tim G

Originally posted by spider-man
So... now that Mission Space is opening soon, does it mean SE will go down for it's conversion soon?

No, it won't.

At least not before november...

Tim G

training starts next weeks, for the transferred CM's... ALL of which have previous guest experience. Also, 2 words: Cast Previews

Not before the first group is fully trained...

IMO, it has always been that way...

Patience Tigger... You'll get your turn...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim G

Originally posted by AndyMagic
No offense but I don't see how you could possibly be so incredibly sure. I am still confused as to the reason for announcing a soft-opening. It just doesn't make sense. How could they possibly know exactly when the ride can begin operations? If they said, "Soft Opening sometime in August" maybe I could understand. But to announce the exact DAY of this soft-opening is absurd. Rides soft open when they are ready to do so and when the ride is finished. How can they possibly know the exact day the ride can be tested on guests? I'm sorry for rambling but I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect an opening at least a week or two before August 15th.

You seem to forget how the soft opening of Test Track has been moved forward time and time again...

A new "high tech" ride always leaves science, and the peolpe amazed... by faillures and breaking up

Why they did it?

1st of all, to stop all the rumours.
2nd A whole lot of visitors seem to have lost their faith the Mouse...

People always want more and they want it quicker.

So to stop all the rumours, they published this for the first time in history... but what's all the fuzz...

People know the date now ... and ofcourse they don't agree..
They want it NOW!!!

It always has been that way...
Usually these talks and complaining, start happening after the CM preview rides, then everyone is getting it on their nerves..

Why?? dunno...

But:
Quote: You can't always get what you want Unquote ------ Mick Jagger

RickEff

Hey - I've waited THIS long for it to open, I can wait a few more months! I think with the Columbia tragedy, it made sense to delay it a little longer.

I must admit - it did change my plans for a visit though. I was going to go this summer, but now I'll wait until December.

By the way - I'm new here. I'm looking forward to the group!:wave:

SirNim

Originally posted by RickEff
Hey - I've waited THIS long for it to open, I can wait a few more months! I think with the Columbia tragedy, it made sense to delay it a little longer.

I must admit - it did change my plans for a visit though. I was going to go this summer, but now I'll wait until December.

Welcome! :wave:

SpongeScott

Originally posted by RickEff

Welcome, Rick. Nice to know that you have figured it out--either don't ride or change your travel dates. Enjoy M:S!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Corrus
You can't always get what you want ------ Mick Jagger

*thread drift*

I want that song played at my funeral... like in the movie 'The Big Chill' :lol: No Really... I do... :lol:

ToTBellHop

Whatever, people. We will see. You are being just as speculative as me stating why Disney released this statement. None of us know, don't pretend you do. They didn't ask me for advice on what to announce, and they didn't ask any of you, so don't pretend you are great insiders; I won't. I realize Rob is a reliable source, but he is not building this ride; none of us are. None of us know what will happen over the next three months.

Need I remind you it is legal to disagree with Rob on these forums. That is the point of these forums. I did not come here to be told what I can and cannot share when I am breaking no rules with my current posts. As soon as Bob Zalk becomes a forum member, I'll stop questioning what people say.

TURKEY

Whatever, people. We will see. You are being just as speculative as me stating why Disney released this statement. None of us know, don't pretend you do. They didn't ask me for advice on what to announce, and they didn't ask any of you, so don't pretend you are great insiders; I won't. I realize Rob is a reliable source, but he is not building this ride; none of us are. None of us know what will happen over the next three months.

Need I remind you it is legal to disagree with Rob on these forums. That is the point of these forums. I did not come here to be told what I can and cannot share when I am breaking no rules with my current posts. As soon as Bob Zalk becomes a forum member, I'll stop questioning what people say.

Rob and others have been at WDW when they've opened other rides in the past. They have a better idea about what goes on when opening new attractions.

I worked at Liberty Inn. I wanted to be trained at the American Adventure. I was going to have the chance, but was unable due to the amount of training they wanted me to go through (two weeks) to learn about the displays, statues, etc so I could answer any guest questions. That was for American history, something most people should know something about. I can't imagine how much stuff people are going to be asked about at MS because most people haven't had much contact with it.

What about the nice suggestion Steve made about keeping signature lengths to 5 lines?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom