Sad News for Mission: Space

darthdarrel

Sorry if I was wrong I just took it as an attack! as far as Rob is concernerned Did I say he was mature?:lol: HEHE sorry rob! :D and sarcastic is his middle name.:rolleyes: but he has become a good friend and I don`t take kindly to attacks against my friends,once again I apologize if it wasn`t an attack against him.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by darthdarrel
Sorry if I was wrong I just took it as an attack! as far as Rob is concernerned Did I say he was mature?:lol: HEHE sorry rob! :D and sarcastic is his middle name.:rolleyes: but he has become a good friend and I don`t take kindly to attacks against my friends,once again I apologize if it wasn`t an attack against him.

It's alright. I'll be the first to agree with what you say about rob--while he is sarcastic, I find his sarcasm funny, and I know he is a great guy--when he wants to be.:)

Tim G

Originally posted by mbro2002
Tonight, 4/28, there was a party going on in the Mission:Space courtyard. All the nearby walkways were blocked off so I couldn't get close, but I could see maybe 30 people walking around the planets.

Also, tonight was the first time in a while that I've seen the ride's marquee sign lit up. The Mission:Space logo really looks good with its lights on, and the planet Earth behind the sign was spinning.

I obviously don't have any idea what this was, but WDI always holds a party for every attraction when it is nearing completion. We can hope....

You could hardly call that a party...
Just a few drinks... really a few...

There will be a party though.. on october, ##, 2003
That's the party...

Tim G

Originally posted by AndyMagic
We already know everything that the CM's were told so in a way, we know everything he knows right now.

ROTFL...

Are you very, very shure ??

Better don't bet on it...

You would loose...

(3 beers)

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Corrus
ROTFL...

Are you very, very shure ??

Better don't bet on it...

You would loose...
(3 beers)

Apparently Corrus got drunk off those three beers, so allow me to proofread:

Are you very, very SURE? Better NOT bet on it...you would LOSE.

Thanks. Oh, and to further proofread, "The height requirement is 44 inches". End of broadcast. Lay off the beer :)

Tim G

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Apparently Corrus got drunk off those three beers, so allow me to proofread:

Are you very, very SURE? Better NOT bet on it...you would LOSE.

Thanks. Oh, and to further proofread, "The height requirement is 44 inches". End of broadcast. Lay off the beer :)

44 inches ??

It was designed for 42...

But ok... you could be right...

ToTBellHop

The beers I was referring to, was a message for Rob... BURB...

Wow...you really are drunk. For the players at home, Corrus said:

"The beers that I was referring to were meants as a message to Rob based on previous posts in this thread...~fun sound effect~"

ToTBellHop

44 inches ??

It was designed for 42...

But ok... you could be right...

It's been 44" for a few months now...apparently they tested it with a 43 inch tall kid and he flew out of his X2 rocket...

durhay

Originally posted by DogsRule!
It's been 44" for a few months now...apparently they tested it with a 43 inch tall kid and he flew out of his X2 rocket...

Is this standard testing for rides? Hire a bunch of kids of varying heights and make the restriction based on the first kid that doesn't fly out?

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by durhay
Is this standard testing for rides? Hire a bunch of kids of varying heights and make the restriction based on the first kid that doesn't fly out?
NO that is sooo not true .....they actually use miggets lol :lol:

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by hmppan
NO that is sooo not true .....they actually use miggets lol :lol:

lol...this is what the Oompa-Loompas get to deal with after Wonka's closed...test dummies for Disney rides. Seriously, they use dummies, not little kids...in case you were seriously asking how they test it. Although, it would be more amusing to see the Oompa-Loompas flying out...or maybe Santa's elves...it IS the off-season for them, you know?

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by spider-man
Oh, the Irony...

Did they use Test Dummies to Test Test Track?

Nope...that was the last time they used elves and Oompa-Loompas...that's why it closed for two years afterward. Took that long to clean up the mess...and that's why Christmas 97 sucked so much...elf shortage:xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

Centrifugeer

Originally posted by mbro2002
Tonight, 4/28, there was a party going on in the Mission:Space courtyard. All the nearby walkways were blocked off so I couldn't get close, but I could see maybe 30 people walking around the planets.

Also, tonight was the first time in a while that I've seen the ride's marquee sign lit up. The Mission:Space logo really looks good with its lights on, and the planet Earth behind the sign was spinning.

I obviously don't have any idea what this was, but WDI always holds a party for every attraction when it is nearing completion. We can hope....

If you'd have looked closely you'd have seen Michael Eisner along with the rest of the Disney Board of Directors. They were having a meeting. They all rode the ride too.

Testtrack321

Lets end this now:

Mission:Space will OFFICIALY open in some form on August 15th. The Opening Ceremonies will be October.

It may open in late/mid July. It may in June. But it's NOT LIKELY.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Lets end this now:

Mission:Space will OFFICIALY open in some form on August 15th. The Opening Ceremonies will be October.

It may open in late/mid July. It may in June. But it's NOT LIKELY.

we agreed on that yesterday...we have moved on to an Oompa-Loompa/elf debate:) Thanks for the added info Centrifugeer. As always, keep the updates coming!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
BUT..........................

Are you bigger than he is.... :lol: LOL:lol:

well... i AM spartacus.. (i'm assuming Spartacus is a giant.. lol)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom