Rumors that never came to be, but that would have been great

Lee

Adventurer
As mentioned back at the beginning, here's that Pirates art...

Attachments

• db_PirateAttacker11.jpeg
    db_PirateAttacker11.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 140
  • db_PirateAttacker21.jpeg
    db_PirateAttacker21.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 117
  • db_PiratesOfTheScareibbean_poster1.jpeg
    db_PiratesOfTheScareibbean_poster1.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 125
  • db_PiratesOfTheScareibbean_ticket1.jpeg
    db_PiratesOfTheScareibbean_ticket1.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 119

Spike-in-Berlin

Erm I don't want to be nitpicking but most of these mentioned were not RUMORS but actually planned and already anounced attractions, lands and parks, eg. Beastly Kingdom or some EPCOT pavillons. I don't think you can call these projects, where there were already sketches, floorplans, even models, rumors. A rumor to me means that it is about a plan or project that never was officially comfirmed or even perhaps was just a fake info by some CM showing off.

Thanks Lee, I thought I remembered that!! Was it ever considered for WDW or just Disneyland?? Guess it never went anywhere, but it would have been really cool.

Yeah, doing the same thing at the Haunted Mansion would be even better. I mean make it really scary for a truly haunted experience.

CoasterKing :king:

and scare the crap out of little kids?

Glasgow

Western
River
Expedition

Enough said. This was an actual planned attraction that just got chopped apart due to budget cuts, etc.. coulda been the greatest thing Disney ever created. *gnashes teeth*

jonnyc

I know it's controvercial, but I really like that POTC idea!

I also think it sounds really good. Putting a new spin on a classic attraction whilst still maintaining its current form.

Although because of the illterate people that got AE shut down, im sure it wouldn't last long.

jt04

and scare the crap out of little kids?

That is why Disney needs to invest in tecnology that allows them to operate rides in two modes. So that during seperate ticket events or extended hours they can have more intense experiences. They would get a lot more benefit from that than the minor headache of having to deal with a few whiners and malcontents. Especially if they give people ample warnings at the entrances of the attractions.

That is my thinking anyway.

jt04

That didn't help with AE or the original M:S. What makes you think people have gotten any smarter?

I thought the original M:S still existed. Is that not the case? I know they added the non-spinning option.

I just think Disney needs to get smarter and learn to placate the small percentage of whiners that, for example, ruined AE for everyone else. They would win over more fans than they would lose. Net gain.

SirGoofy

I thought the original M:S still existed. Is that not the case? I know they added the non-spinning option.

Yes, M:S still has it's spinning centerfuges, but they have been toned down quite a bit since opening.

I just think Disney needs to get smarter and learn to placate the small percentage of whiners that, for example, ruined AE for everyone else. They would win over more fans than they would lose. Net gain.

Oh, I completely agree. The masses shouldn't be punished because a few idiots can't read, or ignore, warning signs. But it seems like nowadays, they get a few complaints about something and they freak out and look to change it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom