Rumors that never came to be, but that would have been great

jedimaster1227

What's ironic, is they paved over the entrance plaza for better traffic flow and more openness, and then they made it worse than the original flowery greenness by putting in ugliness everywhere...

I am actually quite fond of the Innoventions color differences... I was always a fan of the distinction of Innoventions East and West, so I don't have a problem with the new colors.

As for Leave a Legacy, I don't dislike it as much as others do, but I'm looking forward to the (coming) day when they are removed...

Is this 1 of the "small projects" EPCOT is getting?

I would love to see the stage go away along with

Those TARPS!!!
And those LAL Tombstones!!!

I think I see the Very small celebration EPCOT will get for its 30th

1. Paint UOE to its original color layout. (Done)
2. Remove little used stage from FON area. (Maybe starting????)
3. Restore Dreamfinder to JII. (Was going to happen? But now a no go???)
4. Remove ugly Tarps. (Oh PLEASE GO AWAY TARPS!!!)
5. Remove very ugly Tombstones. (If noting else, PLEASE TAKE THESE OUT!!!)

So Marni, how are my gueses?? Looks like EPCOT will get little or nothing for the 30th like it did for the 25th.

Maybe they will use those triangles in SSE decent to show videos of how EPCOT used to be.

MARINI1971 RESPONCE
You're guesses arent bad at all.

Need someone to help me go back and put old comments into new one!!! Not good at doing this at all.

So JediMaster1227,

1. The Tomstones may leave after all!!!!
2. Stage "Modification"? (I am thinking the removal of the part that blocks the FON water jets. Yea!!!!)
3. Tarps and whirly gigs gone from plaza? (If this happens we should all shout Hurray!!)
4. UOE Retro painting already done I guess.

Too bad the JII redo is on Ice until MK is done I am thinking .

First, let me say that it is far too early to predict what Disney will or will not do for the 30th anniversary of Epcot. I know I will be there (with a purpose), but I won't go any further on that statement right now.

Placemaking within Epcot is once again becoming a focus of management--updating the look and feel of the park is now a priority. Universe of Energy was part of it, but Innoventions is definitely the greatest example so far. The Hub and the main entrance are in the (not too distant) pipeline, so you will see more work there soon.

1. The "Tombstones" were never meant to stay forever... Those with contracts for their plaques can read the fine print and see for themselves.
2. The stage is what is being "modified." I'm not gunna say how or what just yet, but it is currently a focus.
3. Tarps? Yes, eventually. Whirligigs? Not a clue (though I hope they stay--I've always loved them).
4. That is correct.

EPCOT Explorer

If the tarps were gone from Epcot I would cry!:cry: I mean those have been there ever since I've been going to Epcot. What's the crisis with them there awesome! (and they look good from google Earth too!)
All I want is a unobstructed view of SSE... They prohibit that.
What should it look like is the actual question. We got a whole different thing then EPCOT, we got Epcot. I love looking at that model of EPCOT on the TTA because it still looks futuristic but yet could be real. The Epcot we have is noting like that, I mean, there's not even a hotel or living space for actual guests! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS! :lookaroun Sorry I was too tempted.:ROFLOL: But really I mean we a knock off almost from what Walt Disney wanted. (Don't get me wrong on this one I do love Epcot but I'm making a point and taking one for EPCOT. )

Question- Did anyone find this confusing?:lookaroun

Not at all.

In a way the spirit of Walt's EPCOT exists in the current Epcot. :wave: That's how the concept is linked. The use of technology, the historical/futuristic slant, the international exchange? It's all there.:)

Beautiful, huh?:eek:

RSoxNo1

I know it's been said that Bald Mountain was nothing more than a fanboi dream. However, Jim Hill does mention seeing artwork for it at a former Imagineer's house towards the end of this week's Magical Definition Podcast (9/7/09). It is not referenced by name, but he talks about a flume attraction featuring Malificent where at one point of the ride, the trough that the boat is in will break and then a more high speed attraction will take place as Maleficent chases you through the attraction. There would be a point where guests would descend into hell and Malificent and Hades would have a conversation.

In the episode, it was never mentioned by name as Bald Mountain, but this is what I remember reading about in the story that Eisner created two separate teams of Imagineers to develop an attraction for the Magic Kingdom. This was Bald Mountain, and the other was the Fire Mountain attraction that had the Atlantis tie in.

Lee

Adventurer
^Wgat you describe Jim talking about is "Villian Mountain", centerpiece of the never-built Villian Village. (Proposed years ago for the 20K plot.)
I suppose it possibly went by the Bald Mountain name at some point.

PalisadesPkteer

Thanks for answering my post Jedimaster.

If you are involved in any way especialy "with purpose" in EPCOT's 30th then I am already feeling MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!! (I was at the 25th and signed up on line at Dreamfinder and am in the group photo) Could you use an extra hand???????

So many rumors out there for all the parks.

I thought EPCOT looking more like it did in the past was a rumor that wouldn't come true to be honest. But with the info you hinted at....

Maybe a rumor to become reality and not the "never came to be" sadness that I feared.

Fantasmic

Thunder Mesa was partially realised at Disneyland Paris, although the WRE was never created (boooooo) the whole area, basically Frontierland, is named "Thunder Mesa" Including the Haunted Mansion which is very heavily "western" themed, which I see as a nod to the WRE.

But I'm sure you all knew that :animwink:

I belive also that the TNBC and The Muppet Movie Ride were not rumour, just shelved!

Same goes for a lot mentioned here.

I am going to start a rumour that they're removing the hat... who knows, maybe it'll catch on :lookaroun

JustInTime

Thunder Mesa was partially realised at Disneyland Paris, although the WRE was never created (boooooo) the whole area, basically Frontierland, is named "Thunder Mesa" Including the Haunted Mansion which is very heavily "western" themed, which I see as a nod to the WRE.

But I'm sure you all knew that :animwink:

I belive also that the TNBC and The Muppet Movie Ride were not rumour, just shelved!

Same goes for a lot mentioned here.

I am going to start a rumour that they're removing the hat... who knows, maybe it'll catch on :lookaroun

Thats already been started. And for what we know it is going away. It could be as soon as next year.

jedimaster1227

Thanks for answering my post Jedimaster.

If you are involved in any way especialy "with purpose" in EPCOT's 30th then I am already feeling MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!! (I was at the 25th and signed up on line at Dreamfinder and am in the group photo) Could you use an extra hand???????

So many rumors out there for all the parks.

I thought EPCOT looking more like it did in the past was a rumor that wouldn't come true to be honest. But with the info you hinted at....

Maybe a rumor to become reality and not the "never came to be" sadness that I feared.

As of right now, we are set in terms of help--but I do appreciate the offer!

What will become of Epcot's placemaking project won't exactly be reverting the look to that of the past... It will be new, but familiar.

GrumpyFan

I haven't seen any mention of David Copperfield's Magic Underground restaurant idea.

Also, wasn't there a more elaborate plan for The Boardwalk area? I thought I remembered seeing an article and some art on Jim Hill's site where Eisner's original plans called for a full blown boardwalk with carnival rides and more games.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom