Rumors Clarified

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
marni1971 said:
At the end of the day, as per my composites I linked to earlier, you could fit WDW`s Space Mountain, and virtualy all of Splash Mountain on the 20k site, with room to spare. 2 huge E tickets. Just go for one and have 2 simulators too. And a meet n greet :lol:

There is plenty of space.
martin........ you forgot the giftshop. :p

brich

Thrawn said:
... just told me I was wrong. I'm not.
Come on, anybody. Was there ever any doubt? :D

As for rides that rely on the same tracks or ride systems as others, very few would realize this while riding. I've experienced Dinosaur and IJA and yes, they use the same ride system, BUT, the theming is very different and the experience is unique for each.

And finally, we're doing a lot of math here, which has been extremely educational, if not for only bragging rights. The one variable missing from all of your calculations, I believe this includes you Mr Thrawn, but you'll correct me if I'm wrong, and that is the money variable. If 50 E-Tickets would fit on the 20K lot, at best, we would be lucky to see one come to fruition. So 1, 2, 3 or 4, it really won't matter :eek:

MagicMonorail, thanks for your original post. It lead to a very entertaining thread.... :D

slappy magoo

LoisMustDie said:
Fine. While you're at it, crawl back into your cave and stop bothering intelligent people who want to have a conversation.

Then why is so little of the conversation in this thread "intelligent?" I mean, I know the board is filled with smart people but this thread, more than most, has de-volved into a minutiae-driven, my-rumor-source-can-beat-up-your-rumor-source turf war. I's just calls it as I sees it. My apologies to anyone who may be too overly-sensitive & humorless to get the gist of my post.

MarcV

CSOM said:
Why is it that as I read these posts, the 2 people that make the most sense to me are Thrawn and Loismustdie, but yet they are the ones being completed badgered here for no apparant reason? :veryconfu

Possibly because some people migbht have taken offense in the manner in which these rumors were rebuked. Playing the devils advocate I can see how other s may have thought the way in which the rumors were rebuked lacked tact. On the other hand I highly doubt that it was meant as an insult. Its hard to read the intention of a poster because there are no facial expresions, no inflections and so on(I know master of the obvious here).Then the thing just snowballs.

AEfx

brich said:
As for rides that rely on the same tracks or ride systems as others, very few would realize this while riding. I've experienced Dinosaur and IJA and yes, they use the same ride system, BUT, the theming is very different and the experience is unique for each.

I've been saying this forever.

Unless you know before hand, the chances of anyone realizing how the track at Indy and Disosaur is the same is very, very slim.

Some people can't let go of this fact and insist that people would, but most people are too busy thinking about how cool it is to adventure with Indy or that they are going to be eaten by Dinosaurs.

In the end, I think it's pretty irrelevant. If/when they bring an Indy themed ride to MGM, it is highly doubtful that the layout would be identical to the one in Disneyland. The ride vehicles may be the same, but to most people they would be no more similar than PotC and it's a small world.

AEfx

LoisMustDie

slappy magoo said:
Then why is so little of the conversation in this thread "intelligent?" I mean, I know the board is filled with smart people but this thread, more than most, has de-volved into a minutiae-driven, my-rumor-source-can-beat-up-your-rumor-source turf war.
Read my post again. I said the people were intelligent, not the conversation. Being an intelligent person does not mean that we can't have a, let's say, "silly" discussion.

slappy magoo said:
I's just calls it as I sees it.
You say this after blasting members for insulting other members...by insulting them? Then what you see must somehow cause you to contradict yourself quite often.

slappy magoo said:
My apologies to anyone who may be too overly-sensitive & humorless to get the gist of my post.
And here we have a statement that just reveals itself to be downright bashing. It doesn't say anything too overt, but it seeks to undermine my comments, without making a clear statement in itself...as if anyone who disagrees is just "overly-sensitive," with no actual counterpoints. Spare us the biting sarcasm. Apology denied. Next time, try joining the conversation intsead of pretending you are above it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
MagicalMonorail said:
PotC will close later this year for about a year to a year and a half.

I find it hard to believe that they would close a main attraction during the 50 year celebration.

DisneyFreak529

So, who likes to eat baloney in their sandwiches?
LOL!!
Come one.... Johnny Depp AA's in POTC, I am a really big POTC fan.
I was first a fan of the ride!
As much as I love Johnny Depp I think that (like some one eles said earlier) Disney isn't stupid!
I find all of these rumors hard to believe! If some one is going to try to post fake rumers at least try to make them a little more realistic!!

Anyway I did enjoy the laugh!!
lolol

slappy magoo

LoisMustDie said:
] Spare us the biting sarcasm. Apology denied. Next time, try joining the conversation intsead of pretending you are above it.

Ah, but that was my point. I AM above it.

So are you.

So was everybody else who was getting their panties in a bunch over a pack of rumors. It was getting so bad, it started to sound like the initiator of the thread started to regret posting.

In general, I'm a pretty respectful person, and I'm doubly respectful to people who might need, for lack of a better phrase, special help. You're not going to see me picking on someone of below-average intelligence. But to my standards, NOBODY on this board seems to be of below-average intelligence. So when they start ACTING like they are of below-average intelligence, well, that's when I start to point and laugh and laugh and laugh. And that's as we all should be. I'm a great believer that evolution involves pointing out those who would willingly allow themselves to backslide into monkeydom, so we as a people don't follow suit. You're welcome.

And while I certainly can't and won't accept credit for it, you gotta admit, most of the p***ing contest that this thread was for a while seems to have diminished since my first post...except of course for you trying to bash me. And because things are now more civil, I'd humbly suggest that, if you want to continue YOUR particular p***ing contest, you might do it with a PM, lest this thread become more derailed than it has been already. Thanks heaps. Toodle-pip.

MagicalMonorail

Original Poster
DisneyFreak529 said:
LOL!!
Come one.... Johnny Depp AA's in POTC, I am a really big POTC fan.
I was first a fan of the ride!
As much as I love Johnny Depp I think that (like some one eles said earlier) Disney isn't stupid!
I find all of these rumors hard to believe! If some one is going to try to post fake rumers at least try to make them a little more realistic!!

Anyway I did enjoy the laugh!!
lolol

I assure you, these rumors are not fake. Maybe you meant false? Even so, we will just have to see.

MagicalMonorail

Original Poster
captcanada said:
If they're adding 6 Johnny Depps to PotC, Does that mean tHM is going to have a bunch of Eddie Murphy's schedualled to be included?? (Please no. Please oh please NO!! I Like Eddie and found the movie to be amusing and all....but some rides shouldn't be "updated" like that).

The tour guide who told me these rumors said that Eddie Murphy will NOT be moving into the HM.

LoisMustDie

slappy magoo said:
Ah, but that was my point. I AM above it.

So are you.

So was everybody else who was getting their panties in a bunch over a pack of rumors. It was getting so bad, it started to sound like the initiator of the thread started to regret posting.
I guess we disagree on semantics more than anything else then. You seem to be taking the "above the conversation" comment as being "people in the coversation knowing better than to mud-sling," as if the conversation can take on some intellectual hierarchy. I was referring to the conversation as being one entity, and "being above the conversation" is more akin to John Madden criticizing a quarterback's split-second decision while sitting 300 feet away in a padded booth. Hence, I took your comments as being "too smart" for the conversation itself, rather than the intellectual properties that the conversation is taking on. Do you see what I'm saying?

slappy magoo said:
And while I certainly can't and won't accept credit for it, you gotta admit, most of the p***ing contest that this thread was for a while seems to have diminished since my first post...except of course for you trying to bash me.
This "diminishing" does not stem, as you may think, from your attempt to shame people into knowing better, but because you derailed the conversation enough (meaning that I followed suit with my attempted "bash") that people have either a) lost interest or b) gotten out of Dodge when they had the chance. For this, I give you full credit for.

slappy magoo said:
And because things are now more civil, I'd humbly suggest that, if you want to continue YOUR particular p***ing contest, you might do it with a PM, lest this thread become more derailed than it has been already. Thanks heaps. Toodle-pip.
First, I doubt that the thread can become more derailed. Second, I believe that a "civil" debate constitutes an unwillingness to get into personal attacks. As such, I do not take your comments personally (though indirectly alluding to me as being "overly-sensitive" and "humorless" doesn't help), so I will stick to the civil public forum in case of response. I hope that, if you have anything civil to say, you will do the same. Tally ho, chap. Chin up.

Captain Chaos

I spoke to my CM friend last night and directed her to this thread to read.. She couldn't believe how people on this board knock and belittle anyone who has a different opinion as theirs. She also couldn't believe how certain two people think they know it all when it comes time for Disney. She also admitted that CMs don't always know it all, and if something comes from a CM, then take it as RUMOR only (not truth or fact)....

With that being said, here is what she told me she heard on several of these subjects:

1. Monorail expansion was talked about but is not happening now, or even by 2007, if at all.

2. No new resorts will be built until crown level demand new rooms. She did say Disney is focusing more on refurbishing current rooms and making more DVC rooms.

3. Pop Century is expected to be completed but there is no time table as to when construction will begin.

4. There is no 5th park in the works or planned.

Disney-MGM Studios

1. Disney is preparing for the removal of MGM from the studios name. If MGM is removed, then the studios will be called Walt Disney Studios. But no word on whether this will occur or not.

2. The Indy stunt show will stay for at least a little while longer. There was talk about the show being closed. However, that seems to have been scrapped. An Indy ride was/is being talked about for Disney Studios, however, they are going to concentrate on Star Tours, Backlot Tour (possible removal) and other upgrades first.

3. There was also talk and plans to remove WWTBAM-Play It. The plan called for an indoor action show based on Power Rangers or even Kingdom Hearts, depending how the sequel to the popular video game does.

4. If MGM does leave the studios, she claims not many, if any changes will occur to TGMR. However, she did say if the backlot tour goes, Catastrophe Canyon will be demolished and possiblity of a Muppet themed land will go there, along with The Great Muppet Movie Ride... But, she stressed this was highly unlikely.

5. Star Tours refurb is said to be another simulator. She didn't know other details.

On to Animal Kingdom

1. AK is again tickted to get another e-ticket attraction, but she didn't know what. She heard the same things that have been posted here, JTTCOTE as well as Narnia and Beastly Kingdom. But, AK will be getting something new once Everest is officially open. Don't look for this new attraction before 2009 or 2010 even.

2. Yes, Tarzan is closing. But she didn't hear about a Nemo show replacing Tarzan. She said as far as she knew, Jungle Book was talked about, but, since the original show was not successful, they were skeptical a second run would succeed, even in air conditioning...

3. Australia is still being talked about.. Just where Australia will be added, if ever added, is still being decided...

Now for Epcot:

1. No new countries are planned.

2. A new parade was talked about for the 25th celebration. No word on the theme of the parade or if the parade will even be a go.

3. A water ride was planned for Canada, but has been put on the back burner for now. And yes, it would have been themed to Brother Bear. She doesn't know the exact layout of the ride, but she heard it would have been a bit similar to Grizzly Run in DCA.

4. Universe of Energy is scheduled for a refurb. However, there is no set date for the refurb because the concentration right now is on what to do with WoL. She did say once UoE gets its refurb, Ellen and Bill Nye will go bye bye. But the dinosaurs may stay.

5. She did not hear anything about what wil lbe replacing WoL.

6. Spaceship Earth is also scheduled for a refurb, but, again, she doesn't know when this will happen and any details about what may happen. She did say she heard the plans for making a track go outside the sphere was scrapped and was looked down upon from MANAGEMENT....

7. Even though JII is not too popular, there are no plans on redoing the ride, or opening the second floor. And there are no plans right now to remove HISTA either. There are other major concerns Disney has and JII isn't one of them

8. Some parts of Project gemini are getting a second look (maybe 10th look by now). The idea of a roller coaster ride through the amazon was discussed and suppoted, but was later determined to be out of place.

9. The rumored name change from Future World to Discoveryland is still a possibility. Disney's feelings toward Future World is the future happens so fast, they cannot keep up. Calling it Discoveryland can and will help continue the successful theme of the area, and will keep the area current.

Finally the Magic Kingdom

Not much to say about MK.

1. She said CoP isn't going anywhere just yet. The future of the attraction, she admits, remains cloudy.

2. Haunted Mansion will get some refurbishment, but only to audio and a cleaning up of the ride. She said a few new effects may be added but she doesn't know for sure.

3. PotC will be getting a complete refurb, like small world. And yes Jack Sparrow will be added, but not 6 AA's.. More like 1 or 2 at the most. She didn't know any details as to what scenes Sparrow will be in, or if they will scrap that idea as well.

4. Eddie Murphy WILL NOT BE ADDED TO HAUNTED MANSION.

5. Some changes to Jungle Cruise was talked about and could happen. Nothing to drastic. Just a clean up of some of the AA's and scenes.

6. Swiss Family Treehouse will remain Swiss Family Treehouse and will not change to Tarzan's Treehouse.

7. SpectroMagic is rumored to be ending its run in the next year or 2. What will replace it has yet to be determined.

8. No other major refurbs are expected other than PotC. She didn't know if Haunted mansion will get the holiday overlay or not. She doubts it.

9. Over at the 20K area, the play area themed to Pooh is small. She did say 3 e-ticket rides can fit there, but, there is no way they will build three. She did say she heard they will build either 1 huge e-ticket, or 1 e-ticket and 1 or 2 C and D ticket rides.

Again, take this for what it is worth. RUMORS ONLY..... Thrawn and LoisMustDie, I am sure you will have a lot fo negative things to say about this post. But, I expect nothing less from you two.

brich

dxer07002 said:
... She also couldn't believe how certain two people think they know it all when it comes time for Disney...
...Thrawn and LoisMustDie, I am sure you will have a lot fo negative things to say about this post. But, I expect nothing less from you two.
So who are the "Know-it-All's"? hehe :lookaroun

imagineer boy

dxer07002 said:
I spoke to my CM friend last night and directed her to this thread to read.. She couldn't believe how people on this board knock and belittle anyone who has a different opinion as theirs. She also couldn't believe how certain two people think they know it all when it comes time for Disney. She also admitted that CMs don't always know it all, and if something comes from a CM, then take it as RUMOR only (not truth or fact)....

I know, people need to learn to put their comments nicely. And CMs really aren't that reliable, but can get some inside info from time to time.

dxer07002 said:
1. Monorail expansion was talked about but is not happening now, or even by 2007, if at all.

I thoughts so. So no more long pointless monorail expansion rumors threads please. ;)

dxer07002 said:
2. No new resorts will be built until crown level demand new rooms. She did say Disney is focusing more on refurbishing current rooms and making more DVC rooms.

That's great to hear. Disney has more than enough hotels right now. They just need to freshen them up a bit.

dxer07002 said:
3. Pop Century is expected to be completed but there is no time table as to when construction will begin.

Well let's hope they can start on it soon just to get in over with.

dxer07002 said:
4. There is no 5th park in the works or planned.

Good. A fifth park is the last thing WDW needs right now.

dxer07002 said:
1. Disney is preparing for the removal of MGM from the studios name. If MGM is removed, then the studios will be called Walt Disney Studios. But no word on whether this will occur or not.

Good. The MGM name on there has been a great scource of confusing for many tourists. Calling it the Walt Disney Studios will be much better. Let's just hope that doesn't mean the removal of the MGM movie scenes from the great movie ride.

dxer07002 said:
2. The Indy stunt show will stay for at least a little while longer. There was talk about the show being closed. However, that seems to have been scrapped. An Indy ride was/is being talked about for Disney Studios, however, they are going to concentrate on Star Tours, Backlot Tour (possible removal) and other upgrades first.

I think the Indy show's time is up. I would love to see the Indy ride come to MGM. It would be a great addition, and it will make Jay shut the hell up! I hope they don't get rid of the backlot tour. I think they should actually expand and add alot more real studios so they can actually film real movies and television there instead of claiming that they do. The Backlot tour was also really informative and educational about the movies.

[QUOTE-dxer07002]3. There was also talk and plans to remove WWTBAM-Play It. The plan called for an indoor action show based on Power Rangers or even Kingdom Hearts, depending how the sequel to the popular video game does well.[/QUOTE]

Good god, please ANYTHING but power rangers. Heck, I would perfer Jo Jo's Circus than Power Rangers. But it is time for WWTBAM to go. Let's hope that it will be Kingdom Hearts. And no doubt, the sequal will do VERY well.

dxer07002 said:
4. If MGM does leave the studios, she claims not many, if any changes will occur to TGMR. However, she did say if the backlot tour goes, Catastrophe Canyon will be demolished and possiblity of a Muppet themed land will go there, along with The Great Muppet Movie Ride... But, she stressed this was highly unlikely.

Thank god that no changes will be made to TGMR. But I hope they don't trash the Studio Tour or Catastrophy Canyon. That's one of the best parts of the studios! If they're ever going to build a muppets land or new ride, then build it somewhere else. Good thing its unlikely.

dxer07002 said:
5. Star Tours refurb is said to be another simulator. She didn't know other details.

As long as they don't make it into a pod racing ride, I'll be happy.

dxer07002 said:
1. AK is again tickted to get another e-ticket attraction, but she didn't know what. She heard the same things that have been posted here, JTTCOTE as well as Narnia and Beastly Kingdom. But, AK will be getting something new once Everest is officially open. Don't look for this new attraction before 2009 or 2010 even.

Its great to hear AK getting some more attractions for once. JTTCOTE is a great ride, but what the heck does it have to do with animals? It would be way out of place in AK. Narnia could work, but I'd perfer Beastly Kingdom.

dxer07002 said:
2. Yes, Tarzan is closing. But she didn't hear about a Nemo show replacing Tarzan. She said as far as she knew, Jungle Book was talked about, but, since the original show was not successful, they were skeptical a second run would succeed, even in air conditioning.

Farewell Tarzan. I hope Nemo doesn't make it. He's already in Epcot. If the original Jungle Book show wasn't successful, then make a new version of it that actually will be successful! Its that easy.

dxer07002 said:
3. Australia is still being talked about.. Just where Australia will be added, if ever added, is still being decided...

Bring on Austailia! It would be a great addition to AK. :)

dxer07002 said:
1. No new countries are planned.

Atleast add more attractions to the current countries.

dxer07002 said:
2. A new parade was talked about for the 25th celebration. No word on the theme of the parade or if the parade will even be a go.

Epcot needs a parade badly. That will bring in more crowds to see the countries. Here's hope to seeing the puppets again!

dxer07002 said:
3. A water ride was planned for Canada, but has been put on the back burner for now. And yes, it would have been themed to Brother Bear. She doesn't know the exact layout of the ride, but she heard it would have been a bit similar to Grizzly Run in DCA.

Canada could use a raft ride not only to bring in crowds, but block the Soaring building as well. Brother Bear will not work because the film wasn't that successful in the first place.

dxer07002 said:
4. Universe of Energy is scheduled for a refurb. However, there is no set date for the refurb because the concentration right now is on what to do with WoL. She did say once UoE gets its refurb, Ellen and Bill Nye will go bye bye. But the dinosaurs may stay.

Interesting. As much as I would like to see UoE get refurbed, the attention really should be set on WoL right now.

dxer07002 said:
6. Spaceship Earth is also scheduled for a refurb, but, again, she doesn't know when this will happen and any details about what may happen. She did say she heard the plans for making a track go outside the sphere was scrapped and was looked down upon from MANAGEMENT....

I think SSE just needs some new animatronics and special effects. Good thing Management didn't like it.

dxer07002 said:
7. Even though JII is not too popular, there are no plans on redoing the ride, or opening the second floor. And there are no plans right now to remove HISTA either. There are other major concerns Disney has and JII isn't one of them.

Oh well...

dxer07002 said:
8. Some parts of Project gemini are getting a second look (maybe 10th look by now). The idea of a ride through the amazon was discussed and suppoted, but was later determined to be out of place.

I really don't know what idiot at WDI came up with that idea anyway. Thank god its not being built.

dxer07002 said:
9. The rumored name change from Future World to Discoveryland is still a possibility. Disney's feelings toward Future World is the future happens so fast, they cannot keep up. Calling it Discoveryland can and will help continue the successful theme of the area, and will keep the area current.

As long as they call it Discovery WORLD I'll be happy.

dxer07002 said:
1. She said CoP isn't going anywhere just yet. The future of the attraction, she admits, remains cloudy.

Keep your fingers crossed that it will remain open!

dxer07002 said:
2. Haunted Mansion will get some refurbishment, but only to audio and a cleaning up of the ride. She said a few new effects may be added but she doesn't know for sure. Eddie Murphey WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THE HAUNTED MANSION.

Exelent news. Grizz will be happy!

dxer07002 said:
6. Swiss Family Treehouse will remain Swiss Family Treehouse and will not change to Tarzan's Treehouse.

GREAT!!!!

dxer07002 said:
7. SpectroMagic is rumored to be ending its run in the next year or 2. What will replace it has yet to be determined.

It will be missed, but its time for something new.

dxer07002 said:
9. Over at the 20K area, the play area themed to Pooh is small. She did say 3 e-ticket rides can fit there, but, there is no way they will build three. She did say she heard they will build either 1 huge e-ticket, or 1 e-ticket and 1 or 2 C and D ticket rides.

Let's hope the pooh playground idea is scrapped. I'd much perfer a huge Toon Town expansion, an E ticket, and a C or D ticket. And perhaps a few new shops or resturaunts.

brich

dxer07002 said:
Again, take this for what it is worth. RUMORS ONLY.....
So Imagineer Boy, after that lengthy response to dxer07002, did you see that you commented on RUMORS? And that your request for no more "long pointless monorail expansion rumors threads..." was kind of, well, funny? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom