Rumor-Spectro probably isn't coming back

mouse_luv

I can't believe they've allowed Spectro to wear down like you say... You'd think they'd have it safe in a climate controlled building. Can you say what exactly has happened to the floats? Moisture getting into the circuits?

Drew81 stated a few pages back that it has been eaten up by termites.

jrh1985

Would TDO actually eliminate having a light parade at WDW? Seems waay to popular.
Indeed. In fact, I trust TDO more to do a light parade than I trust TDA because, in today's Al update, it sounds like TDA passsed on a chance to bring DEP to DL Park
for this sunmer. Al didn't say anything about the rumors of th new parade for DL, but I hope it's true. Al also said that TDO/MK passed to update Spectro like TDL's Dreamlights. My first question is did anyone on here know about this???? Also, what could Spectro gain from an EP??? Back to DEP, IMO DEP should have gone to DL in 2010. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled when it came to MK and thought it never looked better when I saw it in 2011 but I think DL needed it more than WDW did. MK had a working night parade, Spectro was stll at the top of the game.

wdw71fan

A new parade is not the solution simply because there isn't enough time for show design, construction, testing, adjusting, costuming, etc... That's a months-long process.. and as I stated before, MSEP won't last that long...

Viable Solutions:

1 - Rebuild the severely damaged Spectro Floats (it is not ALL of the units, just a few, but they are significant.. Including Chernabog)

2 - Shut off MSEP for a few weeks and make repairs to give It more legs until a new parade can be developed and constructed.

3 - Ship a dis-used show from overseas.

wdw71fan

Indeed. In fact, I trust TDO more to do a light parade than I trust TDA because, in today's Al update, it sounds like TDA passsed on a chance to bring DEP to DL Park
for this sunmer. Al didn't say anything about the rumors of th new parade for DL, but I hope it's true. Al also said that TDO/MK passed to update Spectro like TDL's Dreamlights. My first question is did anyone on here know about this???? Also, what could Spectro gain from an EP??? Back to DEP, IMO DEP should have gone to DL in 2010. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled when it came to MK and thought it never looked better when I saw it in 2011 but I think DL needed it more than WDW did. MK had a working night parade, Spectro was stll at the top of the game.

a lot of people don't realize that Spectro was still a great show! The Carousel float alone was worth sitting on the curb for!

Nmoody1

It's ridiculous that parades keep getting brought back, re-used, fixed etc. I love Spectro, I love MSEP, but surely with the technology available today and the length of time the previous parades have been recycled, would it really hurt to 'dig a little deeper' and bri g something with up to date characters, floats, technology and music?

jrh1985

A new parade is not the solution simply because there isn't enough time for show design, construction, testing, adjusting, costuming, etc... That's a months-long process.. and as I stated before, MSEP won't last that long...

Viable Solutions:

1 - Rebuild the severely damaged Spectro Floats (it is not ALL of the units, just a few, but they are significant.. Including Chernabog)

2 - Shut off MSEP for a few weeks and make repairs to give It more legs until a new parade can be developed and constructed.

3 - Ship a dis-used show from overseas.
If MK shuts off MSEP, they could use Enchanted Adventures while they fix MSEP. They have the soundtrack and the floats. They could tie in with LTM and also bring back MM&M. Fanti needs to go somewhere! WDW, DLR, and most likely even HKDL has better running records than DLRP!!!

fw1987

Someone needs to help me understand this. You have a proven parade in SpectroMagic with a great musical score already produced and in the can which has sold thousands and thousands of soundtrack CDs. It has a large following and an emotional attachment both to parents who have watched their children view the parade (I fall in that category) or now grown adults who were those children watching the parade in years past.

We are being told that they cannot refurb the parade because of "termite damage". If this were some roadside alligator farm in a backwater swamp trying to lure tourists to watch Jim-Bob wrestle a gator, I could understand why they wouldn't be able to replace some termite damage.

But this isa premier Fortune 50 company that is supposedly the world's greatest entertainment company. It simply doesn't pass the smell test to me.

A company with the resources, skills and imagination of TWDC should be able to completely refurb these floats with cutting edge technology, reuse the time-tested sound track, and have this ready for the summer.

This company is losing me more and more each day.

wdw71fan

Enchanted Adventures would be a good temporary stop gap over the summer period.. and yes, all of the units are still at WDW and into top shape.. a lot of them are used in other parades like boo to you.

ToTBellHop

Someone needs to help me understand this. You have a proven parade in SpectroMagic with a great musical score already produced and in the can which has sold thousands and thousands of soundtrack CDs. It has a large following and an emotional attachment both to parents who have watched their children view the parade (I fall in that category) or now grown adults who were those children watching the parade in years past.

We are being told that they cannot refurb the parade because of "termite damage". If this were some roadside alligator farm in a backwater swamp trying to lure tourists to watch Jim-Bob wrestle a gator, I could understand why they wouldn't be able to replace some termite damage.

But this isa premier Fortune 50 company that is supposedly the world's greatest entertainment company. It simply doesn't pass the smell test to me.

A company with the resources, skills and imagination of TWDC should be able to completely refurb these floats with cutting edge technology, reuse the time-tested sound track, and have this ready for the summer.

It's more of a won't than a can't.

Nmoody1

A Fortune 50 company that won't build a new parade to create new memories. This is the same company that brought back Captain Eo and still uses a 20 something Ellen in an attraction - I wouldn't hold my breath that they'll dig deep!

ToTBellHop

A Fortune 50 company that won't build a new parade to create new memories. This is the same company that brought back Captain Eo and still uses a 20 something Ellen in an attraction - I wouldn't hold my breath that they'll dig deep!
To be fair, Ellen is about 38 on Energy.

ToTBellHop

Kind of pulling this thread off topic but I still like her role in UOE even if it is dated (well, the beginning at least, the ride not as much these days).
It's interesting--Ellen was popular in the mid-90s when the current version of Energy premiered. Then not so much in the early 2000s. Now she's incredibly popular and it's Bill Nye that people don't know. And then there's Alex Trebek without Snow White hair.

Joseph Robinson

It's interesting--Ellen was popular in the mid-90s when the current version of Energy premiered. Then not so much in the early 2000s. Now she's incredibly popular and it's Bill Nye that people don't know. And then there's Alex Trebek without Snow White hair.

Nye is actually starting to get popular again amongst my "demographic" (early 20s, redditors, science focused, college educated). He still makes a lot of videos and what not talking about a lot of different subjects...just not as "kid oriented". The greatest/scariest thing you will ever see is Bill Nye get profane.

scpergj

First, for the first part of your statement, there is also quite a large number of us for whom MSEP has a very great emotional attachment. I remember MSEP from when I was a child, and the last night it was shown before it was shipped back to California was my son's first trip - he sat on my shoulders (he was 3) and watched, right under the train station. I've never had the attachment to Spectro that I had for MSEP. I don't like that either of the parades are in poor condition, though.

As for the second part...termites are everywhere here in Florida, and can be hard to detect. Additionally, the chemicals used to treat for them must be kept out of any run-off into drainage. If the floats were on a plain slab or parking type lot, termites can make their way through cracks easily, then quickly do their dammage. Do I think they should have taken better care? Of course...being here in Florida, they should have taken better care - but that's TDO for you...

rodserling27

Silly question - I know it's been answered before, where is our MSEP now? Paris, destroyed?
WDW's MSEP went to Paris for a few years, and now apparently sits in crates backstage at Hong Kong Disneyland. I wonder if maybe a solution might be to bring our original MSEP home if this current one bites the dust...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom