Rumor-Spectro probably isn't coming back

WDWYankee15

Is that still on though?, word awhile back was the move it shake it thing would become the main daily show with no more traditional parade.
I so hope that is not the case. I would rather keep the same old thing than lose a parade/entertainment option. Plus it is crowd eater when everone is standing on Main Street

Tip Top Club

Yep. Last word that I got was incredibly optimistic, which leaves me cautiously optimistic. Last word I got involved it being a HUGE day parade, larger than pretty much every other day parade (except perhaps Jubilation) and the person I spoke to was incredibly excited.

Obviously this is still something to take with a grain of salt, but the impression I got was that Creative Entertainment is fully aware that they botched the Spectro Situation, and since TDO isn't willing to shell out the money for a new night parade, they are putting everything they've got into this new day parade. Again, something to take with a grain of salt, but this conversation happened only a few days ago. If all goes according to plan look for this parade to debut around this time next year. (But how often do things go according to plan?)

Animaniac93-98

IMO the new day parade should come with a lighting package like Soundsational to operate at night so they can end MSEP's run sooner than later.

aladdin2007

Yep. Last word that I got was incredibly optimistic, which leaves me cautiously optimistic. Last word I got involved it being a HUGE day parade, larger than pretty much every other day parade (except perhaps Jubilation) and the person I spoke to was incredibly excited.

Obviously this is still something to take with a grain of salt, but the impression I got was that Creative Entertainment is fully aware that they botched the Spectro Situation, and since TDO isn't willing to shell out the money for a new night parade, they are putting everything they've got into this new day parade. Again, something to take with a grain of salt, but this conversation happened only a few days ago. If all goes according to plan look for this parade to debut around this time next year. (But how often do things go according to plan?)

Great reply and perfectly worded lol, grandly optimistic but be cautious, sounds wonderful so far then but we all know how that goes. It just seems like its taking forever when the current one needs to go already. I cant imagine another year yet, but if its worth the wait then its worth the wait.

pmaljr

No offense, I just wish this forum topic would go away. It depresses me knowing that they let a great parade like Spectro rot and are now too cheap to fix it (they spend more on the parking lots) and at least give it the good send-off that it deserves. For me, It would have been better if they would have just burned it all to the ground 8 years ago than to know that this is how it went down. I'm not over this yet.

jrh1985

Thanks!

So, do you think CADCT will see its 5th Birthday? (Jan 23,2014) Any chance the parade might be early????? Have you or anyone else heard anything new about the parade?? Could the rumors of DL's & HKDL's night parade's effect this parade's timeline at all?

aladdin2007

Thanks!

So, do you think CADCT will see its 5th Birthday? (Jan 23,2014) Any chance the parade might be early????? Have you or anyone else heard anything new about the parade?? Could the rumors of DL's & HKDL's night parade's effect this parade's timeline at all?

Its really going on over 10 years already, its only had name//song changes.

Tip Top Club

Thanks!

Yeah, from what I've heard they won't even be thinking about rehearsals until after Christmas. I can see at least one float making it's way from celebrate to whatever is coming next, but not the Crystal Castle.

serenityboy

So? If there were never any changes the parks would be even more depressing and stale. There is nothing Magical about just doing the same thing over and over again. So you didn't see the parade, well if Walt Disney World was being run properly there would be a better, new parade to see.
I agree and I enjoy that I get to go every few years and get to see new stuff, but to me, Spectro was tradition. it was a main reason why I loved being in the MK at night. and when I saw the summer nightastic fireworks in 2010 and tink didn't fly right away I almost hyperventilated. Thankfully she came at the end to save the day cuz I was really gonna be upset if there was no Spectro and no Tink!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom