Rumor-Spectro probably isn't coming back

menamechris

Did you not see the Kringle Krew? (Pre-show on Main Street for Parade on Christmas Party Nights)

My fear is that the bold, innovative people at Disney Creative will try to come up with something awful like this to add to nighttime entertainment. I don't know why the push for awkward hip-hop type offerings. Know you audience, people...

rodserling27

My fear is that the bold, innovative people at Disney Creative will try to come up with something awful like this to add to nighttime entertainment. I don't know why the push for awkward hip-hop type offerings. Know you audience, people...
"Did you like SpectroMagic? Remember all the fun of the Main Street Electrical Parade? Well coming soon to Disney's Magic Kingdom Theme Park is a brand-new nighttime experience you are sure to remember...Disney Night-Time Hip-Hop Dance Party! Wear corny lights around your neck and strut your swagger while we remix 'on this Magic Night' and 'Baroque Hoedown' all set to the style of the talented award-winning artist, Nicki Minaj. Have a "good one" as YOU get to parade around and be your own electric parade. Now featuring Mad Mick da Mouz, Gangsta Goofy, and Doped-Out Donald!"

jrh1985

"Did you like SpectroMagic? Remember all the fun of the Main Street Electrical Parade? Well coming soon to Disney's Magic Kingdom Theme Park is a brand-new nighttime experience you are sure to remember...Disney Night-Time Hip-Hop Dance Party! Wear corny lights around your neck and strut your swagger while we remix 'on this Magic Night' and 'Baroque Hoedown' all set to the style of the talented award-winning artist, Nicki Minaj. Have a "good one" as YOU get to parade around and be your own electric parade. Now featuring Mad Mick da Mouz, Gangsta Goofy, and Doped-Out Donald!"
Good Grief guys, This is getting nuts!!!

BTW, the post above, Is this the idea for DL's new night parade??? (If DL did do this I don't think it would be this severe)That was half-joke, half real question. Hey, it could happen at DL: LM, dumping POD and not running it with C!ASP, no real night parade since Mulan. DL has made some odd choices where as MK has had a light parade of some sort since 1977 and Day Parades every day since 1971. I've said this before, I trust TDO & MK with all my heart. Limited Time Magic's offerings so far are a little weird, I'll give you that, but if Tiana's Showboat is greenlight, that can only be a good thing.

TTA94

I think Spectro will still return at some point this year as a "Limited Time Magic Event" perhaps joining MSEP as part of a "Magical Nights" theme or something? But then later Spectro will become "not so limited magic" lol and MSEP will just quietly be replaced.

TTA94

I think Spectro will still return at some point this year as a "Limited Time Magic Event" perhaps joining MSEP as part of a "Magical Nights" theme or something? But then later Spectro will become "not so limited magic" lol and MSEP will just quietly be replaced.

RunnerEd

That would kind of fit. Nicki Minaj is a product of a horribly failed experiment at Muppet Labs, right?

RAXIP

Sorry, but no. Why? This...
Spectro will not be coming back-ever...termites have eaten their way into the floats.

The DEP floats are having issues as well. They're old and could use some work. Hopefully DEP will be able to make it awhile longer.

Joseph Robinson

another round of plywood boxes with Christmas lights stapled to them.

You just made me realize how easy it would be to recreate Spectro in my own neighborhood. Somebody bring me the soundtrack and a hammer!

termites have eaten their way into the floats.

:mad: Oh come on! Somebody bring me plastic storage bins, super glue, and stolen wheels from shopping carts instead!

That's a bummer.

Perfect avatar.

Tom

Beta Return
You just made me realize how easy it would be to recreate Spectro in my own neighborhood. Somebody bring me the soundtrack and a hammer!

:mad: Oh come on! Somebody bring me plastic storage bins, super glue, and stolen wheels from shopping carts instead!.

Pretty much...except for the giant battery banks and sound systems and drivetrains....they're plywood boxes on a steel skeleton with residential Christmas lights stapled to them.

Joseph Robinson

Pretty much...except for the giant battery banks and sound systems and drivetrains....they're plywood boxes on a steel skeleton with residential Christmas lights stapled to them.

Too complicated, I was just going to put the soundtrack on my iPod, attach my makeshift floats with a giant rope, put a bike up front, and pay some neighborhood kid $5 to go up and down the street for 15-20 minutes.

From what I've read on this place so far, that seems to be putting more thought/budget into it than TDO.

Tom

Beta Return
Too complicated, I was just going to put the soundtrack on my iPod, attach my makeshift floats with a giant rope, put a bike up front, and pay some neighborhood kid $5 to go up and down the street for 15-20 minutes.

From what I've read on this place so far, that seems to be putting more thought/budget into it than TDO.

LOL - yes! Plywood wagons with large swivel casters on the front, straight casters on the back, and ropes between each one. Paint them black, staple Christmas lights, add a car battery or two, and you've got yourself a parade on par with what the MK will be seeing soon :)

jrh1985

LOL - yes! Plywood wagons with large swivel casters on the front, straight casters on the back, and ropes between each one. Paint them black, staple Christmas lights, add a car battery or two, and you've got yourself a parade on par with what the MK will be seeing soon :)
I don't believe that for a second!! Show me proof!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom