Rumor-Spectro probably isn't coming back

TTA94

If it is true Spectro is gone forever, I think this means MK is on its way to being just like DL with the daytime parade being shown during the day and night. TDO will never put money into a new nightime parade. They will not even build a new daytime parade much less a light parade!

Stevek

I personally loved Spectro as I grew up with the MSEP and it was a nice change. I would be more than happy if they'd just ship it to DL though I think that's highly unlikely.

wdwfan22

I look for the new daytime parade (when ever they decide to bring it to life) to be shown like they do at Disneyland both afternoon and early evening. In the meantime they will continue with DEP. this will also save money on cast and operating cost.

wdw71fan

There is significant damage to the Spectro floats.. That I can confirm... Has a lot to do with sitting in a non-climate-controlled-tent-next-to-a-swampy-area for the last 2 years..

No decision on 'what to do' has been made, but MSEP won't last much longer either way... Sucker is failing apart.

rodserling27

There is significant damage to the Spectro floats.. That I can confirm... Has a lot to do with sitting in a non-climate-controlled-tent-next-to-a-swampy-area for the last 2 years..

No decision on 'what to do' has been made, but MSEP won't last much longer either way... Sucker is failing apart.
Wait a second, I don't understand why on earth MSEP is falling apart. Seriously, do they just blatantly not take care of it? They don't run it every day, are they doing parkour on the floats when it isn't running? Or is it on life support because it's so old?? Ridiculous. And how stupid that they stored SpectroMagic in a crap location. Such amazing things as Electric Light Parades shouldn't be left to fall to the wayside, especially these two incredible parades.

wdw71fan

MSEP is having issues because of it's age... it's old, very old.. It's no ones fault.. even with the refurbishments... Remember, the entire parade was 're done' years ago for DLR... It's just 'time' for the parade, that's all.. As tough as that is to hear, it's just time for it to retire for good..

Meanwhile, on Spectro.. I agree with you 100%... There are units on Spectro that are in WAY worse shape than MSEP right now.. The Timpani float, and other music units would have to be all but rebuilt from scratch..

For Spectro Fans, the Carousel Unit is still in good shape as far as I know..

aladdin2007

MSEP is having issues because of it's age... it's old, very old.. It's no ones fault.. even with the refurbishments... Remember, the entire parade was 're done' years ago for DLR... It's just 'time' for the parade, that's all.. As tough as that is to hear, it's just time for it to retire for good..

Meanwhile, on Spectro.. I agree with you 100%... There are units on Spectro that are in WAY worse shape than MSEP right now.. The Timpani float, and other music units would have to be all but rebuilt from scratch..

For Spectro Fans, the Carousel Unit is still in good shape as far as I know..

What about a new afternoon parade? Still hapenning or has it been nixed too?

spectrodanny

yes MSEP is VERY old indeed

Train + Drum, all of Alice (excluding sculpted figures on mushrooms) Cinderella (excluding Staircase) & Pete's Dragon date all the way back to 1977
Finale Float (1979)
Cinderella Staircase, Peter Pan, 7 dwarfs floats & Pinnochio (1985)

GiveMeTheMusic

That ANYONE thinks MSEP is show worthy in 2013 is completely beyond me. It was outdated and outmoded when it "glowed away" in 1996, and it should have been able to live on in our memories in a graceful state. Now it's being run into the ground before our eyes, decades after its expiration date. Let the thing DIE.

ToTBellHop

That ANYONE thinks MSEP is show worthy in 2013 is completely beyond me. It was outdated and outmoded when it "glowed away" in 1996, and it should have been able to live on in our memories in a graceful state. Now it's being run into the ground before our eyes, decades after its expiration date. Let the thing DIE.
Maybe we can hope for a hand-me-down from overseas...

BwanaBob

yes MSEP is VERY old indeed

Train + Drum, all of Alice (excluding sculpted figures on mushrooms) Cinderella (excluding Staircase) & Pete's Dragon date all the way back to 1977
Finale Float (1979)
Cinderella Staircase, Peter Pan, 7 dwarfs floats & Pinnochio (1985)
3 mentioned are often missing depending on what day it is.
Often placing bets on which float won't make it on stage... lol

Cruiser237

I can't believe they've allowed Spectro to wear down like you say... You'd think they'd have it safe in a climate controlled building. Can you say what exactly has happened to the floats? Moisture getting into the circuits?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom