Rumor-Spectro probably isn't coming back

GiveMeTheMusic

Al has said several times that Disneyland doesn't need MSEP back. The crowd levels are high enough and the entertainment programs are solid enough to not need a nighttime parade.

That's true, it's not needed. That's the beauty of it. They're doing something just because they can as a plus, not because it's a necessity. Back in the mid 90's, MSEP/Light Magic, Fantasmic, Fantasy in the Sky fireworks ran simultaneously at DL, so it can be done. At the same time, during the day there was the Lion King Celebration parade, a Pocahontas show in the Fantasyland Theater and the Hunchback Festival of Fools show going on all day. With a new night parade plus a new Fantasyland Theater show opening this summer, they're almost back to their old entertainment schedule.

jrh1985

That's true, it's not needed. That's the beauty of it. They're doing something just because they can as a plus, not because it's a necessity. Back in the mid 90's, MSEP/Light Magic, Fantasmic, Fantasy in the Sky fireworks ran simultaneously at DL, so it can be done. At the same time, during the day there was the Lion King Celebration parade, a Pocahontas show in the Fantasyland Theater and the Hunchback Festival of Fools show going on all day. With a new night parade plus a new Fantasyland Theater show opening this summer, they're almost back to their old entertainment schedule.
Just to make sure, only the Fantasyland show is comming summer 2013, right????

MerlinTheGoat

If we get a nighttime parade on par with Dreamlights in Tokyo, Spectro not returning would be acceptable to me.
I'd probably be as well (provided the music is good, ideally I'd just like a new parade but with a mix of Spectro's music like what Dreamlights did with MSEP). But i'll be incredibly shocked (pleasantly so) if we get anything close to Dreamlights caliber in a new parade.

aladdin2007

You mean Disneyland right? nice, while we get stuck with old and or nothing. When they do pull msep they will say "obsolete" just like with lights of winter, and no replacement. Amazing to me how far light tech has come but TDO/holmes, whoever, refuses to do anything new. Just keep taking away.

pmaljr

This is depressing. I was getting excited about Spectro coming back or at least something new ... I honestly wish they would run both parades every night ...

TP2000

Why doesn't DL have a nighttime parade like when they had MEP? A new one would be fine with me too!

Fantasmic! in Frontierland takes the place of a night parade technically, along with the nightly fireworks spectacular.

Although, all modern Disneyland parades are built with lighting effects onboard because they are often run after dark, although technically not a "night parade". Here's the Mickey's Soundsational Parade at Disneyland, which generally runs twice per day and for several months of the year the second showing is in early evening after sundown.

The Disneyland Christmas Fantasy Parade is similarly equipped with onboard lighting for evening performances.

WildcatDen

This is depressing. I was getting excited about Spectro coming back or at least something new ... I honestly wish they would run both parades every night ...
Youand me both. We willmost likey be at WDW next November and were looking forward to seeing Spectro again. In fact, we have the CD in the car and we were listening to it just the other day.

TylerFG

Ok, I'm gonna say this: Spectromagic is my all time favorite parade in WDW. It's meant so much to me, ever since the first time I saw it on my first trip ever when I was 8. (16 now) Hell, today, I still can't hear, let alone think about that fanfare without tearing up a bit. Yes, I do like MSEP, but it's doesn't hold as much of a special place in my heart as Spectro does, honestly. If they get rid of it, I will be deeply upset about it, but as long as they don't run MSEP into the ground (Chances are, they probably will), I can suffice.

Spectromagic had the best music of any parade we've ever seen at WDW. It's sad to see so many people trash one of our favorite things at the Parks. The current parade is fine, if you want the same music played over and over and over and over again. That's what made Spectromagic so magical -- the music, and the floats. It will be a shame if we never see it again at MK.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Spectromagic had the best music of any parade we've ever seen at WDW. It's sad to see so many people trash one of our favorite things at the Parks. The current parade is fine, if you want the same music played over and over and over and over again. That's what made Spectromagic so magical -- the music, and the floats. It will be a shame if we never see it again at MK.
Nooooo - Spectro has as much individual music as the MSEP. Both have an underlined and float loops. It's just Baroque Hoedown has a particular underliner that makes the show loops seem to sound similar. Both parades have lots of very intricate and detailed music.

harveyt0206

Holy heck...that video of Soundsational really made me realize how bored I am with the WDW parades right now. I've seen Celebrate a Dream Come True so many times that we don't even bother stopping for it any more. And the music for MSEP makes me want to smack a kitten. I do like the floats but the music is a deal breaker for me.

Soundsational looks amazing. The Arabian dancers, the entire Mary Poppins section....loved it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom