Rumor-Spectro probably isn't coming back

PhilharMagician

Thanks for the info Drew. I will say that I would be disappointed for Spectro to leave. I am all for a new parade, but I really like spectro specifically before they removed the masks. I just cannot understand how the parade could be in that bad of condition. Spectro is ?? about 20 years old. MSEP is almost twice that and still running and IMHO not half the parade of Spectromagic. This is one time I hope you are wrong.

GiveMeTheMusic

If @drew81 is correct about Spectro not coming back (and I don't know either way), it's nothing more than laziness. Refurbing Spectro and getting it back on the street wouldn't be a backbreaking expense for TDO, but it is an expense, and TDO don't like expenses. They'd rather run MSEP into the ground and then be like, sorry guys, all our light parades are broken, and then raise the ticket price $10.

DL's new light parade will be special indeed. It's a shame for WDW that Anaheim is getting all the toys these days.

menamechris

Refurbing Spectro and getting it back on the street wouldn't be a backbreaking expense for TDO, but it is an expense, and TDO don't like expenses. They'd rather run MSEP into the ground and then be like, sorry guys, all our light parades are broken, and then raise the ticket price $10.

I laughed, because this was funny. Then I cried, because it is true.

djlaosc

I can see it now - Spectro Float Bonfire: this week's Limited Time Magic event....

On this magic night,
Aged twenty one floats burn beside us,
Cast a spell of light,
Scorching, blackeninging, watch it burning
'Round the world tonight,
Destruction here of SpectroMagic.
Pure enchantment lights our way!

"Welcome to the splendor, the spectacle, the burning sensation, where the comedy and thrill of pyromania come to electric life.
And now, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents, in a million pieces of former floats, the magic worlds of Disney...in SpectroMagic!"

Flames, they surround us
Crying that found us
Burning around this
Carousel of light and laughter!
We shall remember
This moment together
Let this night forever
Live in our dreams!

jrh1985

If @drew81 is correct about Spectro not coming back (and I don't know either way), it's nothing more than laziness. Refurbing Spectro and getting it back on the street wouldn't be a backbreaking expense for TDO, but it is an expense, and TDO don't like expenses. They'd rather run MSEP into the ground and then be like, sorry guys, all our light parades are broken, and then raise the ticket price $10.

DL's new light parade will be special indeed. It's a shame for WDW that Anaheim is getting all the toys these days.
Never thought I would be seeing this kind of stuff on here!! I've always thought DL would never make a new light parade after LM. MAYBE break their rule and return MSEP to DL Park. It looked like DL Park was done with Light Parades.(Now maybe DLRP is) I know you can't talk about it if you're worried about your job, but Good Grief, where is all this DL talk coming from??? Is this even on AL Lutz"s Radar??? If it is, I must be missing something.

GiveMeTheMusic

Not anyone that publishes blogs. :) I am a bit shocked Al hasn't picked up on the story yet - he keeps saying the MSEP is coming back, which it most definitely ain't.

As for the new show, there is very little info out there other than that it exists and is in production. When we'll see it, what it will feature...those things are still being closely guarded.

wdwfan22

Al has said several times that Disneyland doesn't need MSEP back. The crowd levels are high enough and the entertainment programs are solid enough to not need a nighttime parade.

Rasvar

I won't be saddened if Spectro doesn't come back as long as the whole infrastructure is used to build a new better night time parade. There is so much more technology that is actually less expensive and more spectacular than the twenty year old Spectro floats. MSEP was always neat in its simplicity. It was always going to be cheaper to maintain. I will be upset if Spectro gets destroyed and is not reused for a new experience, though. Unfortunately, it would not surprise me if that happens either.

Rasvar

Never thought I would be seeing this kind of stuff on here!! I've always thought DL would never make a new light parade after LM. MAYBE break their rule and return MSEP to DL Park. It looked like DL Park was done with Light Parades.(Now maybe DLRP is) I know you can't talk about it if you're worried about your job, but Good Grief, where is all this DL talk coming from??? Is this even on AL Lutz"s Radar??? If it is, I must be missing something.

Light Magic was, well, lets just say it was choosing the wrong grail. There is plenty of room for new light parades if done by the right people and the right budget. LM was pretty much too much theater and glitz with not enough parade. Plus, I found the pixies a little creepy.

rodserling27

If SpectroMagic is to be destroyed, they should at least sell the lights, like Disneyland did with the original MSEP bulbs...as far as this rumor goes, it's an interesting one. I would much rather see a brand-new parade than a poor, non-updated Spectro. I still think the current MSEP looks better than Spectro did the last time we saw it. But to be honest....I really, really, really love having Main Street Electrical Parade around...I don't care how old it is, it always makes me smile. ;) Here's to hoping that TDO doesn't run it into the ground beyond the point of return...and that whatever eventually replaces MSEP is twice as good as either MSEP or Spectro!

Tip Top Club

Gosh this makes me sad. I'm all for a new night parade, but we all know that's so far off in the future that all bets are off. Give up Spectro back to say goodbye for another two or three years and then wow us with something Truly spectacular. We all know the Electrical parade won't last much longer (And from a personal standpoint, I can't take it much longer).

Magenta Panther

Gosh this makes me sad. I'm all for a new night parade, but we all know that's so far off in the future that all bets are off. Give up Spectro back to say goodbye for another two or three years and then wow us with something Truly spectacular. We all know the Electrical parade won't last much longer (And from a personal standpoint, I can't take it much longer).

It does kinda suck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom