Rumor: Monsters Coaster at MGM

EpcotServo

Well, without any expertise whatsoever, I have to say that I can see the Ride and go seek concept fitting more easily into the space that soundstage one has to offer rather than an indoor coaster...
but maybe that's why I'm not an imagineer!?

Yeah, but Ride & GoSeek runs on a spinning-type dark ride system like Midway Mania I believe, and they don't like having similar ride-types right next to each other.
:shrug:

kingslyZISSOU

Well, without any expertise whatsoever, I have to say that I can see the Ride and go seek concept fitting more easily into the space that soundstage one has to offer rather than an indoor coaster...
but maybe that's why I'm not an imagineer!?

But Isn't that like putting toy story mania right next to space ranger spin?

Yeah, but Ride & GoSeek runs on a spinning-type dark ride system like Midway Mania I believe, and they don't like having similar ride-types right next to each other.
:shrug:

Haha true, true. I didn't know Tokyo's version run's on a spinning type dark ride system such as TSM. Wonder why it has such a tall/big building? I just really like the concept of the building, and I highly doubt something as large in scale as the Tokyo attraction building could even fit in the Soundstage 1 area...considering there's room behind the soundstage, I don't think they would go to the extent :shrug:

But I sure like the building :cool:
monstersinc.jpg

1stStarIC2nite

I'm all for a new Monster's, INC. ride... as long as they get rid of the terrible sister attraction at the Magic Kingdom... talk about a waste of space!

Yellowjmb1213

Informational Video

I am a WDW Cast member and actually got to see a short video today talking about this new attraction. It was posted on our internal employee website (the Hub) and it was taken down a couple of hours after I watched it. My guess is someone jumped the gun on this, so you should expect a formal announcement soon.

It is a suspended roller coaster based on Monsters Inc like has been rumored. The date given was 2011 (vague) and the location given was at the end of Pixar Place. The concept art looked amazing. The show building looks to be quite large with the facade looking like the scare factory. If I had to guess, the backlot tour will be saying goodbye to accommodate this.

Concept art for a post-ride interactive experience was shown as well.

I don't think Disney is going to disappoint with this one based on the level of detail presented in the concept art. It looks very exciting.

wdwmomof3

I am a WDW Cast member and actually got to see a short video today talking about this new attraction. It was posted on our internal employee website (the Hub) and it was taken down a couple of hours after I watched it. My guess is someone jumped the gun on this, so you should expect a formal announcement soon.

It is a suspended roller coaster based on Monsters Inc like has been rumored. The date given was 2011 (vague) and the location given was at the end of Pixar Place. The concept art looked amazing. The show building looks to be quite large with the facade looking like the scare factory. If I had to guess, the backlot tour will be saying goodbye to accommodate this.

I don't think Disney is going to disappoint with this one based on the level of detail presented in the concept art. It looks very exciting.

I sooooo hope that this is true!!:sohappy:

WeLComeHomE OKW

OH SHNAP. ITS AWWNNNNNN NOW.

God, I hope the video leaked onto youtube. How i dream. (OR JUST ANNOUNCE IT TOMORROW ALREADY, JEEZ)

sorry for the caps, im just excited.

hpyhnt 1000

You know, my first thought after seeing that part of the movie was, "Man, that would make a great theme park attraction!" Funny how that happens, huh? :rolleyes:

Overall, looks promising! Let us hope it becomes reality. :eek:

DisneyDellsDude

Sounds like that would be a fun ride.

We have had months of almost no rumors, and now we're getting tons of things being told to us these past 3 days (most of which will be 'finished' by 2011)

Not sure quite what exactally to believe yet, but things are sure looking promising now!

Well this thread delivers. I was just thinking about how I kinda miss mousemerf and his antics....however this rumor has me extremely excited! Such a good idea!

WildLodgeFan

Haven't I read in all my millions of hours on these forums, that September is typically the time frame for announecements of theme park updates, etc.? Or was that a passing dream on my part? :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom