Rumor: Monsters Coaster at MGM

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah..do you know why? B&M is in IMO the best roller-coaster maker

Simple.
B&M build rides the way they want to build them. Disney needs rides to be custom built. Tenative dealings in the past have shown that never the two shall meet.
Ask Universal Creative what it's like to try to do a custom project like Hulk with B&M. It's like this: :brick:

JimboJones123

Shrek 1 -- **1/2
Shrek 2 -- ****1/2 (For Mongo and the Harry Crumb ending alone)
Shrek 3 -- * (If I could indicate a zero I would -- I just didn't get ANY of this one)

WildcatDen

The whole idea of a Monster's Inc inverted roller coaster just doesn't work for me. The film and it's themes are far too family oriented for a thrill ride to be based on.

I'd hope they could work another big coaster into one of the parks though. With a more appropriate theme than the rumored one here.:shrug:

Please keep in mind that I have not read all of the posts, but in regard to your comment, King's Island has an inverted coaster in the "Award Winning" :lookaroun kids area based on the Nickolodeon Rugrats. The ride is called "Runaway Reptar" and is pretty fun. Basic, but fun

WaltsApprentice

And I would have liked to see a Cars attraction 2 years ago.

Ya but it takes a while to make a ride though...really the only one that I have seen that has came out before the movie was It's Tough to be a Bug. Alot of rides that have come out lately are movies that have been out a while. Because you gotta make sure there is enough buzz about the movie before going ahead on attraction. This is just my opinion but you wouldn't have made a Cars attraction until you knew it wasn't just the flavor of the week...and the movie and merchanize didn't do good. An example would be Snitch...not saying its a great ride...but they waited and finally made one a few years after the first movie :). Hey there making a little mermaid ride at DCA...and thats a good 10 years plus old!!

PeeplMoovr

I saw some concept artwork for this ride today (can't say where) and it looks like it'll be very well done, and adds a type of coaster that Disney is currently lacking in WDW. :zipit: I also heard the following regarding the ride:
Placement likely on the far end of the new Pixar place in DHS. Tentative opening date of 2011.

Anyone in-the-know have anything else to add/correct?

Ausdaddy

I saw some concept artwork for this ride today (can't say where) and it looks like it'll be very well done, and adds a type of coaster that Disney is currently lacking in WDW. :zipit: I also heard the following regarding the ride:
Placement likely on the far end of the new Pixar place in DHS. Tentative opening date of 2011.

Are you saying this is greenlit?

Thiger

thanks Merf! I'm really looking forward to more 'beef' at DHS.
Personally i'd prefer a peter pan like dark ride flying through doors and such, but thats just me.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

I hope this turns out and bumping a merf-thread was worth it...:zipit:

kap91

I've said this in other places but I'll say it again: The Monster's coaster is a real thing and its going to be built close to TSM (I'm assuming in the vacant soundstage next to it.) I don't know when its going to happen but 2011 as a poster above suggested sounds like a good time frame. It seems that whenever I get information about things it is years in advance (ie: I posted about touch screens on SSE in 2005 I think.) so 2011 seems very likely.

PKD

Expect to see Monstropolis at MGM in the next two years. Disney is already gathering what they need for this attraction. I'm not saying if it's a coaster or not, but just that Monsters Inc is in fact heading to MGM.

Vernonpush

Expect to see Monstropolis at MGM in the next two years. Disney is already gathering what they need for this attraction. I'm not saying if it's a coaster or not, but just that Monsters Inc is in fact heading to MGM.

It's too bad that it's not coming to Disney's Hollywood Studio.
So where is this MGM, anyway?:lol:

primetime52

I haven't been very active on the boards for the past 6 months, and thus haven't been keeping up with the WDWmagic "rumor mill." Can anyone tell me why Merf's account was suspended? If it's something really juicy, please PM me.

I hope you're right, the detail to the other arch in Pixar Place looks alot like Monstropolis so it's definitely a safe bet. Just watch the movie, there's a quick glance of the arch from Sulley's window in the movie. Also as I've said before I wouldn't mind getting Tokyo Disneyland's Monsters, Inc. Ride-And-Go-Seek, I especially love how they themed the building to look like the scare factory from the movie.

Here's some pics from Tokyo's Monsters, Inc. ride:
http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/43-Monsters-Inc.-Ride-And-Go-Seek.html sorry it's in french :shrug:

Huck

I hope you're right, the detail to the other arch in Pixar Place looks alot like Monstropolis so it's definitely a safe bet. Just watch the movie, there's a quick glance of the arch from Sulley's window in the movie. Also as I've said before I wouldn't mind getting Tokyo Disneyland's Monsters, Inc. Ride-And-Go-Seek, I especially love how they themed the building to look like the scare factory from the movie.

Here's some pics from Tokyo's Monsters, Inc. ride:
http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/43-Monsters-Inc.-Ride-And-Go-Seek.html sorry it's in french :shrug:

Well, without any expertise whatsoever, I have to say that I can see the Ride and go seek concept fitting more easily into the space that soundstage one has to offer rather than an indoor coaster...
but maybe that's why I'm not an imagineer!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom