Rumor: Monsters Coaster at MGM

Gatorboy

New rumor, fresh out off the mill..

There's talk of a Monsters Inc theme inverted roller coaster going into MGM in 2009-2010. It'd be near Toy Story Mania, and be themed to the door-chase scene.

Salt to taste, enjoy.
Merf is relating new talk of an old rumor, but he said inverted coaster, not ride system. big difference. Studios are perfect for more thrills. I liked the idea of a two-ride system, one a coaster, the other a modifed dark ride like Pan. I all ways thought they should put a Jr. Space Mountain in TL for the kids not big enoigh. Maybe similar to Barnstormer except on a mountain. just a thought.

Skipper Dan

Okay, I kind of decided that a lot of you are either 15 years old, or insane. Monster's Inc Magical Flying Doors is not going to happen - ever. I can guarantee that to you right this very minute. Do I have proof? No. I don't, but I have more than half a brain and every once and a while I decide to use it. Crush's coaster, is a completely different situation at a completely different, not to mention fairly new, park.

I think another thing to think about, is the scene that we are discussing itself. The flying doors in Monster's Inc. These are doors. How many riders are going to be riding each door. Even more importantly, how is imagineering going to plausibly have a flying "door" that seats more than two people. Sounds like it wouldn't be flying doorways anymore. It really just doesn't make any sense at all.

As for comparisons with Stitch??? Come on, the height requirement argument? I worked at the Barnstormer and every third parent would flip out because their shorter than average, or braver than average age kid, wouldn't be able to ride. If they were going to build any Monster's Inc attraction at the parks at this point, it would be a dark ride.

So, it's not going to happen. You guys all get excited about one idea that was not thought out to well and believe it to be true.

I normally keep my mouth shut, but dude... calm down. Anything is possible with Disney. :zipit:

Courtney488

Ohh I sure do hope this rumor is true. The very first time I watched Monsters Inc. and saw that scene, I immediately thought roller coaster at Disney.

Disneyfan1981

I hope this is true but I remember rumors of Incredibles coasters, Tarzan coasters, Monster Inc coasters coming and going....I'm not holding my breath until I see an official announcement

Okay, I kind of decided that a lot of you are either 15 years old, or insane. Monster's Inc Magical Flying Doors is not going to happen - ever. I can guarantee that to you right this very minute. Do I have proof? No. I don't, but I have more than half a brain and every once and a while I decide to use it. Crush's coaster, is a completely different situation at a completely different, not to mention fairly new, park.

I think another thing to think about, is the scene that we are discussing itself. The flying doors in Monster's Inc. These are doors. How many riders are going to be riding each door. Even more importantly, how is imagineering going to plausibly have a flying "door" that seats more than two people. Sounds like it wouldn't be flying doorways anymore. It really just doesn't make any sense at all.

As for comparisons with Stitch??? Come on, the height requirement argument? I worked at the Barnstormer and every third parent would flip out because their shorter than average, or braver than average age kid, wouldn't be able to ride. If they were going to build any Monster's Inc attraction at the parks at this point, it would be a dark ride.

So, it's not going to happen. You guys all get excited about one idea that was not thought out to well and believe it to be true.

In case you haven't noticed, this is a board of dicussion of rumors, not concrete plans, so excuse us if we get excited about something having to do with Disney World. I also think it's a little bold to say that this will ever happen, especially by someone who doesn't seem to be an "insider", or even a frequent poster on this board, (As I write this, you've only posted 5 times). Please try not to sound so authoritative, especially when your reasoning isn't very profound. About the seats thing, how about three rows of guests attached to two doors, that works, so that theory goes down the drain. And you say bad reasoning will never allow this attraction to get built, it's never stopped WDI before. (Stitch, Laugh Floor, Whoda thought a 1940's cartoon about the South in slave days would make a great attraction?)

Have A Magical Day!
:)

Captain Chaos

A lot of people on here think they are authorities in everything WDW, T.I..... What's the big deal?? 9 times out of 10 they are knocked down by Lee, Corrus, or those on here who ARE in the know.... But remember, this is a rumors board, so let's take it as it is... A RUMOR!!!!!

Nothing is official until Disney announces it, and, even then, it isn't always official.... LOL....

Lee

Adventurer
Wait....
What?
They dusted off the MI coaster concept again?
Really?
Who says?
:shrug:
News to me. Last I heard it was between Rat and Crush.

lwalker8

The real problem with getting excited about this rumor is that this is the kind of half thought out poorly executed attraction idea that has made one terrible addition after the next for the last ten years(with a few wonderful exceptions). If the best idea the imagineers can conjure up is a door ride then they should all get fired.

Problem number two is that this is probably the fifth different time this rumor has come up...soooo, considering that Monster's Inc is now several years old and just had an attraction built for it in Magic Kingdom, I kind of doubt it's worth getting your panties in a bunch about. Wall-E will be released this summer, and I'd love to see something done with that. There are also several other Pixar films which might be used in the Studios new Pixar section to create an attraction.

lwalker8

It wouldn't really fit in anywhere in Epcot outside of World Showcase theme wise, and in WS it doesn't seem like there is really a logical place for it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Shouldn't Rat be in Epcot?

I don't know, it's not like the story really has any ties to France except the story location. It's an original American made story, written by an American, and produced by an American company. In my opinion it would really be creating credibility issues if placed in Epcot.

lwalker8

I don't know, it's not like the story really has any ties to France except the story location. It's an original American made story, written by an American, and produced by an American company. In my opinion it would really be creating credibility issues if placed in Epcot.

Also, World Showcase has never been too much about attraction based off movies. Other than the new Mexico attraction...

nanna

I rode Crush's Coaster at WDSP and it was really good. Everyone loved it. I went in the off peak season and there was a line to ride it at opening.
Everyone in my party thought it was one of the best rides in the whole of DLRP!
A welcome addition to DHS!

Pete C

Ratatouille would be a really great concept if they made the rider feel really small such as the kitchen scene where there could be huge tables, appliances, pots, pans, etc, and the coaster could fly around a gigantic kitchen. Maybe have some large AAs trying to stomp on you or have knives look like they are flying at the cars. This would probably take a very large building to pull off convincingly though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom