Rumor: Disney World Indiana Jones Show Closing To Make Room For Star Wars

flyerjab

If they wanted to they could officially announce that Star Wars Land is coming on the day Diagon Alley opens. Then give more detailed info at a later date, maybe D23.

Now you would think that they would do something like that, wouldn't you. From what I have seen though, their marketing is horrendous.

Also, they have been resting on their 'laurels' for so long that they are stuck to their inner thigh.

I really hope that DA is a monumental success. One, so that we continue to have great options outside WDW; and two, so that it might push TDO to better things.

jdmdisney99

They might even try and flood out UNI on that opening day. Announcing Star Wars Land for possibly both coasts, while also releasing the full title and a brief synopsis of Episode VII on the same day would blow up the internet and perhaps drown out Diagon Alley.

Problem is they hack away at those budgets till theres not much left. They took the Imagination redo budget for adding Nemo to the seas originally, and so forth. But it does seem like something is cooking.
Remember...
13613447561484673074.GIF

doctornick

another pandora type thing? big announcement and then no construction for half a decade or more? great. but yes I could see them doing that too.

Avatar had a big gap because there was literally no plans when they made the initial announcement. WDI didn't even know that Disney was going to develop Avatar attractions, so there was no plan, nothing on paper. The next two years were actually spend figuring out what to do.

Star Wars OTOH has a bunch of potentially plans -- surely a lot specifically drawn up for DHS and DL's TL -- that could be implemented very quickly if desired. If hypothetically Star Wars was announced in the next month or so, construction could begin relatively quickly and not take 2.5 years to break ground.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, if this rumor is true and they could put Indy somewhere else.They could...Oh I dunno....Retheme Dinosaur into Temple of the Forbbiden Eye and retheme the entire concept of Dinoland all in general..But, then they would have to rename Animal Kingdom to Adventure Kingdom..IMO...Also does it seem strange that they are selling Indy Merchandise in the Dino Store as you Exit Dinosaur? Seems a bit Ironic that Both versions are the same ride on both coasts...
DatelineDisneyWorld04172013-IMG_2601.jpg

Mike S

Well, if this rumor is true and they could put Indy somewhere else.They could...Oh I dunno....Retheme Dinosaur into Temple of the Forbbiden Eye and retheme the entire concept of Dinoland all in general..But, then they would have to rename Animal Kingdom to Adventure Kingdom..IMO...Also does it seem strange that they are selling Indy Merchandise in the Dino Store as you Exit Dinosaur? Seems a bit Ironic that Both versions are the same ride on both coasts...
DatelineDisneyWorld04172013-IMG_2601.jpg
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about the Indy merch in Dinosaur lol. But I would hate to lose Dinosaur for Indy, just give it and the rest of Dinoland an update.

tribbleorlfl

Interesting if true, though I wonder how much of that article is just taking what we knew already about the proposed SW land and jumping to conclusions based on AI's imminent closure.

Indy in all of its outdated glory is still really popular, and most importantly, a giant people eater. Will the rumored plans (speeder bike coaster, indoor Jedi academy show, possible spinner) counter the current capacity of Indy?

Mike S

I was hoping that after Pixar's "The Good Dinasour" comes out the land might get some love inspired by the film and maybe other additions/updates.
I've had that same idea since the movie was announced. Of coarse we would have to see how the movie is first but they could potentially build a dark ride to replace the abomination that is DinoRama.

Mike730

Thanks to @Kman101. He's on a roll tonight.

Highlights....

The BAH is still on the chopping block. Time frames are all over the place right now. All SW changes will begin with American Idol.

...Do you know if AIE and Sounds Dangerous are being combined into one attraction or will they remain seperate buildings? Also, is it safe to assume that an indoor Jedi Academy is a potential option for one or both spaces? Or is it the alleged 3D/4D film also slated for the Eo theater in DL's Tomorrowland?
The 3-D film is coming, but I'm not sure whether or not they're planning to combine the spaces.
Half of DHS will truly be a construction zone within the next 8 months. This has been fast tracked so the announcements will steal a bit of HP2 thunder from Uni. I'm not sure how well that will work, since none of the SW plans are on the level of Gringott's or Forbidden Journey. But I do trust Kathy M.

Here's the deal.

Legitimate rumors often contradict because WDI does a horrible job at keeping most Blue Sky plans quiet within the company. When Imagineers walk through the parks to study future possibilities, many of them happily describe their grandiose ideas for a new Frontierland, Imagination pavilion, or Star Wars to managers and other CMs. It's similar to a new grandpa presenting his grandchild. Sometimes those plans are 85% certain; other times they're 100% determined. But Disney is an enormous company with bloated budgets and egos, and offices full of red tape. Even when a project is officially announced (e.g. Hyperion Wharf or Avatar), plenty of executives and analysts can jump in to force changes. And that 100%-true plan the Imagineer bragged about a few months beforehand becomes a false rumor.

Two months ago, Carsland was a sure thing. CMs in affected attractions had been informed they were going to be cross-trained in other areas. Offices were moved around to make room for WDI. But today, Cars has been pushed to the back burner and the Star Wars universe will assume control of the left half of the park, beginning with American Idol and stretching to *some* location. Some reports say it will extend to the Muppets; others say it will end with the current gift shop.

The Indiana Jones stunt show contracts have been renewed, meaning the show will most likely be around a while longer. But it's definitely going away.

What will the finalized plan be? I'd rather not speculate publicly, because a rumor that's 100% true today could be wrong within a week. That's why many proven insiders here (like @Lee or @WDW1974) speak cautiously. It also protects sources.

And frankly, I don't think Disney knows what its finalized plans are yet.

That is your smoking gun that the time is finally drawing close to when that atrocity gets taken down. I'll go out on a limb and say that there's no way it sees 2015. Quote me. I have a very good record with these things, ask old Corrus.
Quoted ;)
3. Is Indiana Jones expected to stay or go?
I hate doing this because the same questions will get asked in multiple threads beceuas folks don't like reading.

But RIGHT NOW:

1.) Gone;
2.) Likely stay, but perhaps in a different form;
3.) 100% goner.

Would any sources like to add or revise? :cool:

Kman101

I mean, obviously plans change. It was simply fun going back and reading "what could (should) have been". That's all I suggested, reading what was happening and it just seems that it COULD all fit into place whenever they do actually green light SWLand. Which, frankly, should have already been greenlit and under construction.

jdmdisney99

I mean, obviously plans change. It was simply fun going back and reading "what could (should) have been". That's all I suggested, reading what was happening and it just seems that it COULD all fit into place whenever they do actually green light SWLand. Which, frankly, should have already been greenlit and under construction.
Well, different sources are saying different things. @tikiman says it already has the greenlight. I hope he's right, but my theory is that they are ready to green light it, but they'll wait for Ep. VII to see if the public's interest is rekindled in the series. They will want people to have a good taste in their mouths (and ready to spend money) after the hurt the prequels left.

tirian

My only question is whether you're trying to prove that legitimate plans were canceled or that we were lying. ;)

Thanks to @Kman101. He's on a roll tonight.

Highlights....

Quoted ;)

Would any sources like to add or revise? :cool:

Kman101

I can't speak for Mike730 but to me it sounds like they were just curious where things stood. And for me (don't think it was directed towards me though) I've been around the boards long enough to know well enough that things can change from one hour to the next.

Mike730

My only question is whether you're trying to prove that legitimate plans were canceled or that we were lying. ;)

Definitely not the latter. Proof Disney has no clue what they're doing until they're doing it.

But still, SW is rumored to be on the board again and like you said, AIE is on the chopping block. In fact it looks like most of what you said is being corroborated months later by other statements. Besides the timelines that is, but that's a Disney problem... I don't necessarily understand the cause for delay though.

It's mostly this.
I can't speak for Mike730 but to me it sounds like they were just curious where things stood. And for me (don't think it was directed towards me though) I've been around the boards long enough to know well enough that things can change from one hour to the next.

PhotoDave219

Yeah, no one seems to really be on the same page about this, which is interesting. Hopefully something truly solid can be determined.

My most trustable source says nothing has been approved as of right now.

And I have a bunch of new people passing on contradictory information. And Tikiman passing on his stuff.

So I havent a goddamm clue who to believe. Star Wars will eventually happen... so those people will eventually be right. And right now, nothing is happening. So my other people are right.

Until i get people willing to go on the record, I'm gonna stick with what I can prove right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom