Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

CaptainAmerica

$3 billion, eh? So by the time the project is complete and the all the budget cuts have taken affect what are we looking at, a $500 million expansion/redo approximately? ;)
Care to provide an example of all these budget cuts? Everyone likes to throw out the "DISNEY IZ CUTTTING ALL UR BUDGETZ!!!1!" line but I'd love to see an example of a project that we know to have been approved at X dollars and was cut down to Y dollars for no reason other than "TDO is cheap." Note: It doesn't count as a budget cut if it's the result of WDI overspending on a different project and it needed to be covered or if 9/11 happens and the economy hits the crapper.

Frankie The Beer

Pretty excited, especially if there are actually 2 new SW rides. But getting rid of Muppet Vision does not make sense. I can't recall a time when Disney had such a huge ip sit on the bench. The Muppets are pretty timeless in appeal, not having them represented at WDW just don't seem to be what Disney does, or does right.

WDWVolFan

Pretty excited, especially if there are actually 2 new SW rides. But getting rid of Muppet Vision does not make sense. I can't recall a time when Disney had such a huge ip sit on the bench. The Muppets are pretty timeless in appeal, not having them represented at WDW just don't seem to be what Disney does, or does right.

Maybe they can have a brand new Muppets ride at Epcot...heck, Epcot needs it!

PhotoDave219

Yes. But it sounds like the worst of the "bad stuff" is due to preparation for the oodles of "good stuff" that are on the way. I quite enjoyed DHS and could easily spend a full day there right up until they started closing things.

Exactly correct. Things will get worse in the short term.... In preparation for the major overhauls to come

cheezbat

I feel the same way about Indiana Jones. If they're closing the stunt show for Star Wars, then there is no Indy presence in WDW theme parks. He's in California, Paris, and Japan...and I definitely think he should stay represented in some form in the flagship resort. Give us a ride...if not in DHS, then in MK.

And the Muppets if anything, should get an expansion, not a removal.

odmichael

Original Poster
Are you saying all those things should have rides, or just observing for observation's sake?
Well it'd be nice if all of them had rides. But then we'd be spoiled. Disney wants us to thank them when they build a ride. It was just an observation.

Personally, an Incredibles-type ride makes the most sense. It's one of the more popular movies on that list and there is a lot they could do with it either in the current Pixar Place area or the part they are expanding. Cars land isn't a bad idea. But it's just not original. I think an Up ride could be pretty cool there too.

Brian Swan

Every time we hear about Echo Lake going away, I wonder this same thing . . . how to transition from Hollywood Blvd. to . . .
well, anywhere in the Star Wars universe. I just have to assume that several well-paid individuals are thinking about this
same thing and will come up with a way to make it work . . . somehow . . .
Actually, it could be relatively simple. A large 2-sided dimensional "backdrop" - not unlike the ones already used in SoA - painted on one side to look like an extension of Hollywood Blvd and the othe side to blend in with whatever SW "land" will be on the other side, with a pass-through in the middle. Or, if they were more ambitious, a large two-sided archtectural element. If they chose the latter, the "tunnel" between the two could have a bend in it, which would give even more of a visual barrier between the two lands.The same could be done where SW land (presumably) will meet up with "Pixar land" on the other side.

danheaton

I'm trying to stay optimistic about the end result of all the changes. I just wonder how it's going to be when the construction really gets rolling. They'll have to do it in phases, but part of me wishes they would just pull off the bandaid and have several years with basically nothing in the parks. I know they will never happen, though.

Brer Panther

They could still do a Monsters Inc. subland without moving the Laugh Floor. Heck, they could revive that old Door Coaster idea!

Pixar movies without rides at Disney World:

The Incredibles
Cars
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Up
Brave
Inside Out
The Good Dinosaur

I think they're planning on having an Inside Out show replace Captain EO.

Personally, I'd like to see a Cars ride. And an UP ride.

Personally, an Incredibles-type ride makes the most sense. It's one of the more popular movies on that list

Plus, there's a sequel in production.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I quite enjoyed DHS and could easily spend a full day there right up until they started closing things.

Exactly correct. Things will get worse in the short term.... In preparation for the major overhauls to come

A high level of inebriation at DHS will become my very own personal "E-ticket" for the next few years. It should keep things interesting. Scaffolding is actually quite amazing when your staring at it with a blood alcohol level of .10

gmajew

Incredibles is the IP I would want to see used here more then the other pixar movies. The france pavilion should get Ratatouille. I know it is more characters but it fits in here and would be a draw to the other side of the World showcase to offset some of the frozen pull.

AJO

My prediction/hope is that there won't be a specific "Star Wars Land" as it were, and both Muppets and Indy stay (in one form or another). It's obvious that SW will be massively present, and I think it will be the rich, immersive environment we all hope for. But who says these lands (namely SW and Cars as the ones that keep coming up) have to be defined by franchise? Dividing the lands by studio, ie. having a "Lucasland" as was once proposed with SW and Indy, "Jim Henson Studios" and "Pixar Place" are perfectly viable "land" themes, and would pay homage to the park's roots.

odmichael

Original Poster
My prediction/hope is that there won't be a specific "Star Wars Land" as it were, and both Muppets and Indy stay (in one form or another). It's obvious that SW will be massively present, and I think it will be the rich, immersive environment we all hope for. But who says these lands (namely SW and Cars as the ones that keep coming up) have to be defined by franchise? Dividing the lands by studio, ie. having a "Lucasland" as was once proposed with SW and Indy, "Jim Henson Studios" and "Pixar Place" are perfectly viable "land" themes, and would pay homage to the park's roots.
Lucasland?
images

detigger75

Mods, feel free to put this in the rumor thread if you'd like. But this one had a lot of stuff so I figured it may deserve its own thread.

Disney's Hollywood Adventure- Not much of an original name, but so be it.

Here is the article via, The Infamous

A lot of stuff here. Some new. But a lot of what we have heard. Not sure if that gives him credibility or he's just putting pieces together. But one of the Star Wars sites I follow made a news story on this. So I guess they trust him.

I have also heard rumor that Mama Melrose and the Christmas Shop are going to close by the end of the year. Right now you can not get a dining reservation at Mama Melrose past December 5th. I called Disney Dining and they stated their was no inventory listed. They said it could be a refurbishment or some other change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom