Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

AEfx

Yawn.

There will be no new attractions.

Make a bet with us. I'm sure there are at least a dozen folks that will take you up on it.

If you are wrong, you will stop posting here. And you won't create an alt - you really will just forget WDWMagic exists.

If you are right, we'll change our signatures to "Oh, oh, oh, oh - oh - Hangin' Tough! #NKOTB4EVER"

Deal?

SpaceMountain77

Imagine a world with people where we cut everything and kill all the animals until humans disappear because we didn't do anything about it. Ellen's Adventure 2.0

A revamped Ellen could actually work really well.

I am likely one of the few fans hoping for a truly inspired UoE 3.0 update. Energy is a rich theme with continued academic and media interest; it will remain a leading topic for the foreseeable future. Between the screens and animatronics, there is so much potential for this space.

Although incredibly far reaching, I long for a BP, Chevron or ExxonMobile sponsorship announcement.

Realistically, I know that the shuttering of WoL has kept UoE open. Moreover, I fear the pavilion will one day join Horizons in the history books.

tman2000

This is good if true. MK had its refurb, and TL aside it's doing well for now. AK is a great park, is getting a lot of great refurb work, plus Avatar... hullo. Epcot is dying, but world showcase is well enough loved for it to last another decade before needing a big refurb. So, looking at DHS, one sees the black sheep.

I get this concept - dropping the studios thing. I love the New York movie set thing, but only for nostalgia sake. Get rid of it, and backlot, and all the how movies are made, and the Echo Lake fillers (sounds dangerous, AI) and you can remake the park!! Plus you still keep the showpieces that draw people in. I wish Indy would get more love but the temple ride is class-A and though it doesn't blow the mind it would make DHS much more appealing. I guess that's the mind bend here - the DHS revamp won't blow our minds, it will simply become a park dense with must dos. And that's a good strategy. Though original Pixar and Star Wars attractions will be mind blowing (please no rehashes please please, no Cars Land in FL and now Toy Story carnival rides)

WDWVolFan

I'll defend Disney here, (which is rare for me). Its a smart move to hold off on announcing too much and too quickly forSW at WDW for several reasons.
A) They dont wanna steal any shine from Avatar and DAK,
B) Its better to get some announcements for TSPL out as it will most likely come first
C) They can learn from what happens with SW at DL and have less problems with construction at WDW
4) They can integrate whats popular from the new SW films after they are released and they can gauge public reaction
F) Boy bands are still horrible

what you say makes sense, but how long would construction of SW in CA take? By the sounds of it, we could have Star Wars Land at MGM/DHS/<Insert New Name> when the ENTIRE NEW TRILOGY is available on RedBox...while I get it's a big project, and that it does take time, such an extended timeline is not acceptable. To let SW be built and installed in CA and then learn from it to then start in Florida, that is absurd and pardon my French, plain simple ty.

WDWVolFan

I read something from themparktourist that they will be building a parking garage and that park will expand out to where the entrance is today, something like that.

But most importantly, look we are all fans of WDW here and it's a special place to each one of us. I know some here have insider info and some pretend to have it. But just because someone has that info (not calling anyone specific as this is a statement in general, not about this thread only), it does NOT make them special or a bigger and better fan of WDW than others.
I do not notice the tiny little details that annoy the crap out of some in some rides...does that make me less than a fan? NO.
At the same time that people should not crap on the people with info, in turn those with info should not act holier than though because they have info or crap on those who ask question or show displeasure with the news.
Can we just go back to the facts? DHS as it is today SUCKS! We all want it to be great again and we all share the love for this wonderful place called Walt Disney World...can we just embrace that?
Heck we can embrace the fact that 7D is too short and that Epcot's Future World sucks today, that's fine but can we please stop turning on each other? I see more bickering here than on sports message boards! LOL

Off my soapbox...sorry.

matt78

Does anyone know if Fantasmic will be getting any of the expansion money. It would be nice if it got some upgrades and a new scene to replace Pocahontas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom