Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

Crazy Harry

If it already exists though, what is the point? Just wasting money to waste money? Isn't there already a $2 billion project doing that?

I'm not saying that I endorse the idea, but the point would be it would free up space in MK for something else, and better fit the theme of world showcase versus fantasyland. And you would be including another attraction in Epcot that is more engaging for younger kids relative to the more mature offerings. And you would be utilizing an existing attraction versus simply removing it for a new experience (I know small world would likely not be removed completely, but I think you see the point).

PhotoDave219

It moved from a park in California to a park in Florida. If anything, in theory, that would seem more difficult to do cross country versus a few miles down the road.

Beyond that I don't know what your point is.

My point is that it costs hundreds of millions of dollars to move attractions.

So they moved COP from DL to WDW. At an absurd cost.

articos

Because it has happened before i.e. carousel of progress. Some people make it sound easy, and make grandiose assumptions like the cost effectiveness relative to any benefit of making the move. Then there is the simple fact that fans want some cohesiveness of theme and the general public illustrates its contentment with notable properties everywhere regardless of adherence to any particular theme.
That moved from California to Florida. Not from park to park.
Exactly. It would take several hundred million dollars to move an attraction from park to park.
Not quite that much, but you still have to look at it from a cost benefit point of view. It would be a significant outlay, and what do you get for that vs. building something from scratch? Plus you confuse guests on where they thought something was supposed to be vs. where it may be in the future. And the answer re: CoP was it was a different time. At that point, undertaking a new attraction was a major undertaking with custom made parts and a lengthy timeline. If you had something already built and it was able to be moved, at that point in time, it was easier/more cost effective back then, either whole or in pieces to a new building. Things were simpler. It was/is common to relocate iron rides or smaller attractions. A modern day Disney/Universal attraction is a totally different animal.

djkidkaz

No but he unlike all the other 'REAL' imagineers is good at playing politics, He's given an assignment, Says YES SIR, RIGHT AWAY SIR. and executes,

I don't think anyone would complain about Animal Kingdom as a theme park and its quality in theming which is overseen by Rohde. He created the park and thus has a personal attachment and passion for it, as well as understanding what he wants it to become. Avatar will be awesome because Joe will have a personal mission to make sure the whole thing works with HIS park. I worry about the day Joe doesn't oversee AK anymore and you have someone else in charge who doesn't have the attachment to it he does. It will be a stepping stone for someone who is just working up the ladder to their next promotion.

jensenrick

I really hope Dagobah is an old idea or that it's just wrong. IMO Dagobah makes no sense as a first or main destination. There's nothing there significant enough compared to the alternatives. The Tatooine idea makes the most sense...the cantina is pretty much a must, there's the Hutts, the pod racing arena, the mos eisley spaceport and indigenous life like Jawas, Sand people, Bantas and dewbacks.

Not to mention- they would be bringing a swamp to Florida. Like coals to Newcastle.

UpAllNight

Just wondering what kind of ride do you feel would actually do Star Wars Justice? It has the potential to be so so so good, but also a complete disaster.

Both Harry Potter rides used new technology which added to the wow factor....could we be seeing new ride technology once more? Or just existing technology, but done better?

I just pray they don't mess this up.

WDWdream97

Will they move some of the attractions from MK and EPCOT - Laughing Floor, Buzz Light, Nemo and Crush?
I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that they would move/detheme any existing Pixar attraction. The would be more likely to leave Buzz and the Monsters Inc. buildings empty for years, that's if they are even considering taking out the Pixar stuff from MK.

Brer Panther

I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that they would move/detheme any existing Pixar attraction. The would be more likely to leave Buzz and the Monsters Inc. buildings empty for years, that's if they are even considering taking out the Pixar stuff from MK.

Every time I've been on Buzz, it's had a long line. It's probably too popular for Disney to get rid of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom