Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

PhotoDave219

So Disneyland gets the massive DCA refurb, a new parade and fireworks for its 60th, plus other attraction updates and Star Wars first, while WDW gets a half shut down Hollywood Studios and just promises of a massive upgrade 5-6 years down the road? Ugh. Excuse me if I can't just enjoy the ride until Disney actually reveals their plans when they've hinting at a bigger Star Wars presence in the domestic parks for years now.

Well if a $3B (or more) budget can't get you interested, I don't know what to tell you.

psherman42

You need to consider where the majority of attendees at D23 are coming from. And based on that, you need to think about what they are concerned with. I believe that reasoning will allow you to understand why TWDC approaches it the way they do.
So because it's in California, they can't talk about anything major happening in Florida?

Rescue Ranger

Not crazy about the name, would have rather something along the lines of "Imagination Studios" as I do not think Hollywood Adventure truly captures what this park will be.

And as for what is staying.being demolished..........50's Prime Time better stay. Sci-Fi better stay. Rockin' Roller Coaster needs an update in the form of a new musical act I feel. And Muppets leaving the park would be DEVASTATING if nothing replaces it in the form of another Muppets attraction. Now that Disney fully owns the Muppets, leaving the parks does not show much pride in the franchise and the Muppets deserve more respect than this.

I assume Honey I Shrunk the Kids will leave as well? And I would not mind if they added on more to Mr Gold's and added in a OUAT/Storybrook attraction/interactive experience of sorts.

psherman42

Well if a $3B (or more) budget can't get you interested, I don't know what to tell you.
It's not that...I guess I just got too excited that with Animation and One Man's Dream closing, leaving so much of DHS empty that we were closer to an actual announcement. Lesson learned. I just won't get my hopes up anymore.

psherman42

I seem to recall everyone saying that this is a long term project that will take several years.

This won't be done by Christmas.
Yes, I'm well aware of that. But just because it's a project that likely won't be completed until WDW's 50th, that doesn't mean they can't announce something other than a name change and promised "big plans" at D23. Especially if they reveal more major plans for DLR.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I think this article and others like it will do much more harm than good. Whether they are after clicks on their web page or actually trying to leak info, it just causes speculation to run wild and some people will believe it all as if it were set in stone, because well, it was on the internet.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yes, I'm well aware of that. But just because it's a project that likely won't be completed until WDW's 50th, that doesn't mean they can't announce something other than a name change and promised "big plans" at D23. Especially if they reveal more major plans for DLR.
I'll defend Disney here, (which is rare for me). Its a smart move to hold off on announcing too much and too quickly forSW at WDW for several reasons.
A) They dont wanna steal any shine from Avatar and DAK,
B) Its better to get some announcements for TSPL out as it will most likely come first
C) They can learn from what happens with SW at DL and have less problems with construction at WDW
4) They can integrate whats popular from the new SW films after they are released and they can gauge public reaction
F) Boy bands are still horrible

SJN1279

The Dagobah thing has been thrown around a lot because it would be something they could do with Echo lake, there is even a Star Wars Weekends poster showing an X-Wing in the lake. The question is, is this just armchair imagineering or is it something that was actually being considered.

I wonder if Luke like Yoda before him is hiding in Dagobah, and that is how he has become so powerful in the Force in Episode 7. Maybe we will actually get a Yoda Force Ghost cameo. I could see Daisy Ridley being trained by Luke, and then Dagobah makes sense for Star Wars Land(especially Jedi Academy indoors)

psherman42

I'll defend Disney here, (which is rare for me). Its a smart move to hold off on announcing too much and too quickly forSW at WDW for several reasons.
A) They dont wanna steal any shine from Avatar and DAK,
B) Its better to get some announcements for TSPL out as it will most likely come first
C) They can learn from what happens with SW at DL and have less problems with construction at WDW
4) They can integrate whats popular from the new SW films after they are released and they can gauge public reaction
F) Boy bands are still horrible
So if Disneyland gets Star Wars first, and Disney waits to see what happens over there before making decisions about WDW...that means it's another few years until we find out anything substantial about WDW? If it's going to take so long, then why close so many attractions so soon?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So if Disneyland gets Star Wars first, and Disney waits to see what happens over there before making decisions about WDW...that means it's another few years until we find out anything substantial about WDW? If it's going to take so long, then why close so many attractions so soon?
Im not saying they are using SW at DL strictly for decisions as to what comes to the swamps, Im just saying that since DL will start construction first, they can learn from any mistakes. Im sure construction in Fla will begin before DL is even complete.

There is just no need to rush and make big announcements for what will happen in Fla just yet, especially considering that Avatar is progressing and they will want people to be aware of it. Making a big announcement about SW in WDW will only take away focus from Avatar Land. And some of the attractions closing at DHS are for TSPL, not SW, so dont worry about the park being completely shuttered. Remember, Disney loves doing phased openings, though I hope its not dragged out as long as FLE was. It just made it a little to anticlimactic.

hopemax

I wonder if they would move the Muppets over to the Imagination Building. I know it doesn't fit but I don't know where else they could go if they leave the Studios.

In my armchair Imagineering head, I would move it to Animation Courtyard with Disney Jr, and stuff like Disney short films, even some Pixar short films stuff. But I know they aren't popular enough to justify it. But the Muppets can supply the "simply whimsical fun" factor that I feel has been in short supply from current Disney...Minions have it, so that's probably why I adore them...gotta sneak in a Uni reference to annoy photodave ;)

psherman42

Im not saying they are using SW at DL strictly for decisions as to what comes to the swamps, Im just saying that since DL will start construction first, they can learn from any mistakes. Im sure construction in Fla will begin before DL is even complete.

There is just no need to rush and make big announcements for what will happen in Fla just yet, especially considering that Avatar is progressing and they will want people to be aware of it. Making a big announcement about SW in WDW will only take away focus from Avatar Land. And some of the attractions closing at DHS are for TSPL, not SW, so dont worry about the park being completely shuttered. Remember, Disney loves doing phased openings, though I hope its not dragged out as long as FLE was. It just made it a little to anticlimactic.
But how is waiting so long to announce anything about the future of DHS better than closing down half of the park while remaining silent and let rumors run rampant? They could be putting themselves into a difficult position where when an announcement does finally come, people could be disappointed because it's not what they'd heard. And if they're worried about any announcement about Star Wars taking attention away from Avatar, perhaps they should have thought about that and invested in Studios first.

I absolutely love DHS, but there's signs all around for how neglected this park has been. Sounds Dangerous, Premier Theater, Backlot, Captain Jack Sparrow, etc. And soon One Man's Dream (possibly) and Animation? While I'm happy that it seems like Disney's finally realized DHS exists and are going to be investing in this parks future, it's frustrating that it seems like it's going to remain in a state of half neglect until after Avatar is near completion. Toy Story Mania, the last attraction to go into Studios (not counting the Frozen show) opened in 2008 so it'll have been a decade since that park has gotten anything. While in the mean time, Disneyland will have gotten a complete redo of DCA, a whole slew of new upgrades for its 60th, and Star Wars. When it's been so long, it's just so hard to stay patient, especially when I have no interest in Avatar..

While I know most of what I've been saying centers around Star Wars, I just want Disney to say anything official that proves there's something coming for the park. But not just a name change.

Last edited:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
As mentioned elsewhere this article is a mix of semi fact, grasping at clues and wishful thinking.

As an example, no work has begun on the backlot area.

Another is the monies discussed are not exactly correct.
Well, there's your reason.
Either way, I'm rather annoyed by (this theory's) lack of Muppets and One Man's Dream. Both are favorites of mine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom