Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

wdw71fan

There are a few on here that knew of the old Star Wars plans. They might be chiming in on this.

All I know is that seems to ring of "old plans"

olds meets new... Development shifted to crossing into the new trilogy, as well as hankerings from the past. (And past plans).. This project will make the DCA re-do look like a weekend refurb of a tommorrowland bathroom.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Im sure there may be a way, but it just seems like it would be very abrupt to have Star Wars slammed in your face 3/4 of the way down Hollywood Blvd. and it seems like the sight lines would be a bit intrusive. Picturing a downed X-wing in the lake does seem pretty bad a$$ though.
It'll have as much of a transition as Disneyland's Main Street and Adventureland.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Illuminations is far and away my single favorite thing at WDW.
But I'm very confident it won't go away unless an even more spectacular replacement takes it's place.
Despite what many morons on this site spit out, Disney is not stupid.

Single people within Disney are probably not stupid, but it it not uncommon for large corporations to make stupid decisions.

NowInc

I know I literally just commented above, but can someone explain why that is? Why is most of the attention going to be on California? Because it's having its 60th this year? I mean..by the time D23 comes around, isn't half of DHS is basically going to be closed? Why continue hyping "big things" without any concrete announcement? I get it to an extent but I think it's getting a bit ridiculous.

They made a mistake announcing Avatar WAY too soon, which I assume is part of the reasoning.

Another is because although they have big plans and a budget, no plans have been made final. Things can (and will) change (and no, not just for the worse).

California will be completed first, and based on what goes on there will affect what happens on our side :)

roj2323

I think It's high time we get a DHS Remodel / construction Forum placed up next to the Avatarland and Disney Springs construction Forums.

The writing is on the wall and the rumors are starting to get confirmed. As it is, it's starting to get troublesome to keep track of all the rumors because they are spread throughout several forums and even more topics..

psherman42

They made a mistake announcing Avatar WAY too soon, which I assume is part of the reasoning.

Another is because although they have big plans and a budget, no plans have been made final. Things can (and will) change (and no, not just for the worse).

California will be completed first, and based on what goes on there will affect what happens on our side :)
Ok, but haven't they been building up the bigger Star Wars presence in the domestic parks for years now? Basically what you're saying is Disney will continue to close everything at DHS but build something new at DLR first because they have no final plans yet?

Cmdr_Crimson

Picturing a downed X-wing in the lake does seem pretty bad a$$ though.

They did an ad for SWW on how it would look albeit that the Earfile Tower is standing where the Indy Stunt Show is in this photo..
r-1337879038-SWW-XWing-Ad.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
They did an ad for SWW on how it would look albeit that the Earfile Tower is standing where the Indy Stunt Show is in this photo..
r-1337879038-SWW-XWing-Ad.jpg
Cool Picture, but is the odd placement of the tower just for icon recognition or does it speak to the level of which Disney assumes and/or knows that the general public lacks decent knowledge of the parks?

SteamboatStitch

Am I happy that it's happening? Yeah. The park needs some life breathed into it from somewhere.

Am I hyped? Not really. Not only do I feel it will be slowly shanked to death and cheapened at every opportunity they can manage, I feel they are going to drag their feet so slowly that by the time they are finished Universal will be announcing a 5th gate on the moon.

Ignohippo

I doubt any work has gone on back there. First, it's an open area so someone would likely have seen something by now and reported it, no to mention that marathons go near that area and there were no reports from the last one that anything had changed. Second, there have been no permits filed for that are other then for the old AFI space.

I spent a lot of time looking around the closed area from Darth's Mall (where AFI was) and from LMA during SW weekends. You could see almost all of the old Backlot Tours Pearl Harbor area, as well as Catastrophe Canyon. Not a thing has been done yet besides maybe some small prop removal, which wasn't even evident to me. It almost looks like you could have the Backlot Tour back up and running in a few days if you wanted to (minus the trams, of course).

Oh, and I hear that number is slightly inflated because a large amount of that number ($500 mil +) is being used for parking and road projects around DHS. The number I had heard was $1.5 - 2 billion, not including the parking and road work.

PhotoDave219

Ok, but haven't they been building up the bigger Star Wars presence in the domestic parks for years now? Basically what you're saying is Disney will continue to close everything at DHS but build something new at DLR first because they have no final plans yet?

No.

We're saying DHS is a multi phase project over at least several years involving Pixar first and then star wars. Pixar will be first. The entire park will be rebranded/renamed. Budgets are at least $3B. That much we know.

I've also been told - for a year now- that Star Wars at Disneyland will come first and be announced first.

There are final plans. They were approved a week and a half ago.

Nothing else has leaked out. All of this unsourced article that everyone is referring to seems to be a compilation of old and outdated rumors.

So. Sit back and enjoy the ride. They're investing a boatload in DHS. They're bigger than US Steel.

psherman42

No.

We're saying DHS is a multi phase project over at least several years involving Pixar first and then star wars. Pixar will be first. The entire park will be rebranded/renamed. Budgets are at least $3B. That much we know.

I've also been told - for a year now- that Star Wars at Disneyland will come first and be announced first.

There are final plans. They were approved a week and a half ago.

Nothing else has leaked out. All of this unsourced article that everyone is referring to seems to be a compilation of old and outdated rumors.

So. Sit back and enjoy the ride. They're investing a boatload in DHS. They're bigger than US Steel.
So Disneyland gets the massive DCA refurb, a new parade and fireworks for its 60th, plus other attraction updates and Star Wars first, while WDW gets a half shut down Hollywood Studios and just promises of a massive upgrade 5-6 years down the road? Ugh. Excuse me if I can't just enjoy the ride until Disney actually reveals their plans when they've hinting at a bigger Star Wars presence in the domestic parks for years now.

BernardandBianca

I know I literally just commented above, but can someone explain why that is? Why is most of the attention going to be on California? Because it's having its 60th this year?

You need to consider where the majority of attendees at D23 are coming from. And based on that, you need to think about what they are concerned with. I believe that reasoning will allow you to understand why TWDC approaches it the way they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom