Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

psherman42

I'm skeptical about this all being true...but why is an announcement at D23 more likely to be about DLR than WDW? Wasn't New Fantasyland first announced at D23?
And, this is going to sound selfish but if they DO announce something about DLR at D23 and not WDW, I'm going to be pretty peeved. Disneyland's gotten so much more than WDW recently with Cars Land/DCA refurb and everything for Disneyland's 60th that WDW HAS to get something. As much as I love DHS, it needs this. So much. And with so much closed, they have to announce something soon.

PhotoDave219

Definitely agree that any BIG Star Wars news at D-23 will be more about DL. WDW has Avatar that they need to highlight and quite frankly, Id rather see more about whats happening at DAK anyway since it currently has more activity.

Quoting the article, "sources tell me that construction may already be underway, hidden from public view where the Studio Backlot Tour used to exist. That would make the time from announcement to completion feel much shorter, a strategy Universal has successfully employed in recent years for their theme parks."

But then it mentions that, " I’ve been told all of this will be revealed at D23 in greater detail and with many more specifics".

That doesnt exactly make sense. For starters, Im sure we would have heard/seen if there was any substantial activity happening in the Back Lot Tour area, but even if there was, how much progress could have bee made between Back Lot closing and D-23 that would make the "time form announcement to completion feel shorter?"

As far as Dagobah going in Echo Lake, that just seems a bit odd. Seems like a tough spot to have any type of decent transition from Hollywood Blvd into a swampy forest. And Illuminations getting the axe? Dont know about that one, they might as well have said IASW will be going to Epcot as well.

Everything he mentioned we've all heard before in one form or another.

Remember, the original Star Wars plans were shot down and they went back to the drawing board

Also.... People are being very tight lipped. The usual sources either don't have an attraction list Or are reluctant to have it published because it can be easily traced back.

So few people know the details that either he's getting his source in trouble or that This is just a compilation of previous rumors... Which seems likelier.

Either way, he got a lot of page hits

Atomicmickey

As far as Dagobah going in Echo Lake, that just seems a bit odd. Seems like a tough spot to have any type of decent transition from Hollywood Blvd into a swampy forest. And Illuminations getting the axe? Dont know about that one, they might as well have said IASW will be going to Epcot as well.

Every time we hear about Echo Lake going away, I wonder this same thing . . . how to transition from Hollywood Blvd. to . . .
well, anywhere in the Star Wars universe. I just have to assume that several well-paid individuals are thinking about this
same thing and will come up with a way to make it work . . . somehow . . .

NowInc

Another vote for "grain of salt". Details on whats going on are being held VERY VERY close to the chest. Basically, no one wants to mess it all up by spilling details too soon which can result in things being cut or changed (and easily traced). There have been things in the works for a bit, and a lot of what is said in that article is WAY out of date (as well as fan-service hopes and dreams).

As for what can be expected at d23? I've heard a whisper of the name/logo change reveal....and thats about it for FL aside from a "big things are coming" like they did last time with star wars. MAYBE some more avatar details to hold people over. California will get most of the attention for now, but things are swinging towards us sooner than later.

BrerJon

I believe the original plan for D23 2009 was to only hint at New Fantasyland, but plans leaked (on MiceAge I think) in advance and they decided to go with the full reveal at the show.

Although MiceAge isn't what it was, there are enough fan sites and enough time between now and D23 that things could still leak somewhere, and what gets revealed could change accordingly.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Every time we hear about Echo Lake going away, I wonder this same thing . . . how to transition from Hollywood Blvd. to . . .
well, anywhere in the Star Wars universe. I just have to assume that several well-paid individuals are thinking about this
same thing and will come up with a way to make it work . . . somehow . . .
Im sure there may be a way, but it just seems like it would be very abrupt to have Star Wars slammed in your face 3/4 of the way down Hollywood Blvd. and it seems like the sight lines would be a bit intrusive. Picturing a downed X-wing in the lake does seem pretty bad a$$ though.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Im sure there may be a way, but it just seems like it would be very abrupt to have Star Wars slammed in your face halfway 3/4 of the way down Hollywood Blvd. and it seems like the sight lines would be a bit intrusive. Picturing a downed X-wing in the lake does seem pretty bad a$$ though.

There are a few on here that knew of the old Star Wars plans. They might be chiming in on this.

All I know is that seems to ring of "old plans"

psherman42

Another vote for "grain of salt". Details on whats going on are being held VERY VERY close to the chest. Basically, no one wants to mess it all up by spilling details too soon which can result in things being cut or changed (and easily traced). There have been things in the works for a bit, and a lot of what is said in that article is WAY out of date (as well as fan-service hopes and dreams).

As for what can be expected at d23? I've heard a whisper of the name/logo change reveal....and thats about it for FL aside from a "big things are coming" like they did last time with star wars. MAYBE some more avatar details to hold people over. California will get most of the attention for now, but things are swinging towards us sooner than later.
I know I literally just commented above, but can someone explain why that is? Why is most of the attention going to be on California? Because it's having its 60th this year? I mean..by the time D23 comes around, isn't half of DHS is basically going to be closed? Why continue hyping "big things" without any concrete announcement? I get it to an extent but I think it's getting a bit ridiculous.

JWG

I think we've confirmed, he's right on the buget and two of the lands (Pixar and Star Wars), but that's about all that is really known. Illuminations has been being replaced for 10 years now it feels like. Given enough time he will be right. Someday, Imagination will get redone and Illuminations will get replaced. "Someday" is a wide range of time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Definitely agree that any BIG Star Wars news at D-23 will be more about DL. WDW has Avatar that they need to highlight and quite frankly, Id rather see more about whats happening at DAK anyway since it currently has more activity.

Quoting the article, "sources tell me that construction may already be underway, hidden from public view where the Studio Backlot Tour used to exist. That would make the time from announcement to completion feel much shorter, a strategy Universal has successfully employed in recent years for their theme parks."

But then it mentions that, " I’ve been told all of this will be revealed at D23 in greater detail and with many more specifics".

That doesnt exactly make sense. For starters, Im sure we would have heard/seen if there was any substantial activity happening in the Back Lot Tour area, but even if there was, how much progress could have bee made between Back Lot closing and D-23 that would make the "time form announcement to completion feel shorter?"

I doubt any work has gone on back there. First, it's an open area so someone would likely have seen something by now and reported it, no to mention that marathons go near that area and there were no reports from the last one that anything had changed. Second, there have been no permits filed for that are other then for the old AFI space.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Rebranding might/should be part of Chapek's D23 presentation.

I haven't asked what the name would be.
Whatever they decide to rebrand it into, they need to pick a name that will stick. MGM, Hollywood Studios, Hollywood Adventure....the park is quickly becoming the "Sybil" of theme park society. "What happened in the green kitchen"...

JWG

Is it possible that "work being done" in these backstage areas is office moves? Has anyone been moved to a new location from the Studios? Either in the backlot space or in the bowels of the Animation building? Obviously they have to move people out before the bulldozers can roam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom