Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

PhotoDave219

We'll, I'm guilty of drinking the kool-aid from time to time but I'm learning the ropes of the forums.

A lot of us on here are journalists.... Former or current. We've got a really good sense for what's BS and what's not.

Unless some of these others want to offer proof, I'm instantly skeptical.

You get a good feel for who has good sources and who doesn't and who's just full of it.

Lately, everything has been full of it.

DisneyGentleman

A lot of us on here are journalists.... Former or current. We've got a really good sense for what's BS and what's not.

Unless some of these others want to offer proof, I'm instantly skeptical.

You get a good feel for who has good sources and who doesn't and who's just full of it.

Lately, everything has been full of it.
Well I'm skeptical that you are a journalist...

PhotoDave219

Well I'm skeptical that you are a journalist...

I've contracted with NYT, Reuters, the Associated Press, Gannett and two newspapers.

My work is easily found.

EDIT: Of course, that doesn't even count everywhere my work as appeared... (LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun, Washington Post, Time (website), Newsweek (website) Sports Illustrated, ESPN the Magazine, SI for Kids, The700Level (because I love those guys) and too many other places that dont pay enough residuals)

Last edited:

Matt_Black

I've contracted with NYT, Reuters, the Associated Press, Gannett and two newspapers.

My work is easily found.

EDIT: Of course, that doesn't even count everywhere my work as appeared... (LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun, Washington Post, Time (website), Newsweek (website) Sports Illustrated, ESPN the Magazine, SI for Kids, The700Level (because I love those guys) and too many other places that dont pay enough residuals)

I believe he was making what is commonly referred to as a "joke". I'll need to contact my sources to verify, though.

IMFearless

Have you been on the Indy ride at DL? Just because it used the same ride system as Dino doesn't make it unnecessary for WDW. That's like saying, EPCOT has Journey into Imagination with Figment (an omnimover) therefore the Haunted Mansion at the MK (another omnimover) is unnecessary.

I completely agree with your point, that similar ride systems can be used in different attractions that end up unique to each other.

Strictly speaking JII is not actually an Omnimover though. I'm not sure what you would call it, it's almost a slow moving roller coaster, but as the trains move independently of each other and are not connected it would not really be considered an Omnimover in the way that Nemo, Buzz, Mansion, Horizons, SSE, Mermaid are.

On the topic of Omnimovers what I've decided we need is: "Creating the Magic" an Omnimover ride which is an upgrade to One Man's Dream. It could be a history of cinema, animation and the creation of Disneyland, with a focus on Walt, his imagineers and the way they got the Florida Project underway. The ride could move through the years showing the development and creation of Epcot and the other parks, it could offer a nostalgic look at past attractions and the final few scenes could be more heavily screen based to allow them to be kept fresh, in these final few scenes the public could be given an insight into the projects Disney want them to be excited about in the near future, whether it's the mine train, Avatar or whatever the imagineers are working on at the time. Exit into a gift shop like at the Animation Academy selling all kinds of Disney art and memorabilia. The whole thing could be almost a history of the Disney company and in particular WDW. Done well it could be really special.

IMFearless

On the topic of D23 I think many people will be left disappointed.

In recent times, we rarely get given any solid information from TWDC until well into the construction.

Look at Frozenstrom, Avatar, RoL. We usually get less information early on and then maybe some concept art mid construction.

I just can't see them showing their full hand in August, that's all I'm saying.

Evolution

On the topic of Omnimovers what I've decided we need is: "Creating the Magic" an Omnimover ride which is an upgrade to One Man's Dream. It could be a history of cinema, animation and the creation of Disneyland, with a focus on Walt, his imagineers and the way they got the Florida Project underway. The ride could move through the years showing the development and creation of Epcot and the other parks, it could offer a nostalgic look at past attractions and the final few scenes could be more heavily screen based to allow them to be kept fresh, in these final few scenes the public could be given an insight into the projects Disney want them to be excited about in the near future, whether it's the mine train, Avatar or whatever the imagineers are working on at the time. Exit into a gift shop like at the Animation Academy selling all kinds of Disney art and memorabilia. The whole thing could be almost a history of the Disney company and in particular WDW. Done well it could be really special.

This sounds nice but I doubt it would be worth the investment. The general public doesn't really care about this stuff - the history of the parks or Walt's dream.

Homer fan

If this DHS makeover is as big as we are thinking, and it becomes a crown jewel od WDW as some are predicting, does it make sense that Disney does expand the monorail to DHS? They would be able to upcharge some hotels along the way and maybe even open up a new one.

matt9112

Have you been on the Indy ride at DL? Just because it used the same ride system as Dino doesn't make it unnecessary for WDW. That's like saying, EPCOT has Journey into Imagination with Figment (an omnimover) therefore the Haunted Mansion at the MK (another omnimover) is unnecessary.

Those are ride systems not thematic ride experiences. Is every wooden roller coaster the same? That's your argument. Dinosaur is the same tech and same ride experience but with a diffrent theme. (Dinosaurs)

matt9112

You could have IJA and DINOSAUR built next door to each other and the average guest wouldn't know they were almost identical besides the theme. The argument that you can't have them both at the same resort because they share the same technology is silly. I think the bigger reason WDW won't get IJA is because it's a 20 year old ride..

It's not just about the underlying tech it's about the underlying theme (bumpy indoor dark ride) but yes age is case in point as well.

Chef Kronk

If this DHS makeover is as big as we are thinking, and it becomes a crown jewel od WDW as some are predicting, does it make sense that Disney does expand the monorail to DHS? They would be able to upcharge some hotels along the way and maybe even open up a new one.

That might cost more than the entire DHS expansiono_O I can't see it happening anywhere near the future, if at all.

Rodan75

On the topic of D23 I think many people will be left disappointed.

In recent times, we rarely get given any solid information from TWDC until well into the construction.

Look at Frozenstrom, Avatar, RoL. We usually get less information early on and then maybe some concept art mid construction.

I just can't see them showing their full hand in August, that's all I'm saying.

well if D23 is disappointing this year, then it is likely dead. I'm thinking that Disney pulled back from SDCC in order to support D23 and that the political winds that were trying to kill this convention 2 years ago have shifted and they are going to go big at the D23 events this year. But even if it is big, they are never going to show everything they have up their sleeves. 2020 is too far away for a resort that depends on annual and once in a lifetime trips.

But I do think this is now a go big or go home moment for D23. Fans won't let it limp along much longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom