Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

PhotoDave219

Lots of things have been rumored but nothing is confirmed. I hope for some great Pixar and Star Wars rides, along with the Indiana Jones Adventure. Hopefully we find out lots of stuff about DHS at D23:D

Exactly which is why most of us have strictly been saying it's going to be only Pixar and Star Wars… Those are the two things that we know of.

Exactly what that entails? We have no idea. I think that in the week leading up to D 23, we may have a better idea of the Pixar part of the expansion as well as the makeover as a whole…

I'm just excited that they are finally doing something and it looks like it's being done correctly and not on the cheap.

IMFearless

I think at this point there are only several things everyone is agreeing on:

- The amount of money being talked about is higher than we were expecting
- The project is going to be rolled out/built in phases
- It is expected that Pixar will be worked on and completed first
- The project is going to be pretty major
- In a later phase there should be more Star Wars

I am not an insider, I'm just trying to simplify and clarify the information from multiple threads for my own sanity as much as anything.

It certainly feels like WDW are responding: to the critics? to Universal? to the increase in visitors? to the fans? I'm not sure which, but I have to say I am feeling positive about the new things to come.

andre85

So I love the overall rumors and expansions. DHS needs help and glad to see it's getting it.

What I'm not jazzed about is Pixar Land or Square or whatever. Pixar Place is already a lame theme, and expanding it only makes it lamer. Pixar is a brand--it shouldn't be THE theme. Hell, I'd rather DCA's Bugs Land over a weird mishmash of Pixar properties.

Well whatever, I'll probably just end up ignoring that section of the park, much as I did in Disneyland Paris

Evolution

So I love the overall rumors and expansions. DHS needs help and glad to see it's getting it.

What I'm not jazzed about is Pixar Land or Square or whatever. Pixar Place is already a lame theme, and expanding it only makes it lamer. Pixar is a brand--it shouldn't be THE theme. Hell, I'd rather DCA's Bugs Land over a weird mishmash of Pixar properties.

Well whatever, I'll probably just end up ignoring that section of the park, much as I did in Disneyland Paris

They could have certain areas of the land themed to different Pixar movies. I'm hoping that's the way they do it. I'd feel the same way if they just put in a bunch of random rides with no cohesion or connection.

PhotoDave219

I am not an insider, I'm just trying to simplify and clarify the information from multiple threads for my own sanity as much as anything.

It certainly feels like WDW are responding: to the critics? to Universal? to the increase in visitors? to the fans? I'm not sure which, but I have to say I am feeling positive about the new things to come.

100% correct.

No specifics are out there.... And my bothan spies are at the beach. Even bothans get vacations.

PhotoDave219

Honestly? We have no idea what Pixar means in this instance beyond its more family attractions (which should take pressure off TSMM)

WDWLover#1

That's what we've heard. At d23 Pixar info should be pretty clear but Star Wars might be a bit vague, maybe a bit of concept art?

Progress.City

We saw this yesterday and discussed it in the thread about the Board of Directors.

So here's what's accurate: at least $3B for DHS. Pixar is coming. Star Wars is coming.

Here's what's unclear vs everything else we've heard: everything else.

All of the "details" are things mentioned before as well as previous projects shot down.

Take it all with a massive grain of salt beyond the budgets.
$3 billion? That's twice what DCA 2.0 got!

Can you confirm Indiana Jones Adventure coming to DHS? If so, why close the stunt show when they could make a mini-land out of it?

WDWLover#1

Can you confirm Indiana Jones Adventure coming to DHS? If so, why close the stunt show when they could make a mini-land out of it?
It seems quite possible that a version of what is at Disneyland could come to DHS. It looks to be heading in that direction from what I'm hearing. But again we don't know. Wait till D23.

PhotoDave219

Quick, traveling cliff-notes version.

Yes, $3.5B for the overall. $2.8 Studios. 350 ea MK/EP. (Mazeltov!)

Indy is an old rumor. Very unlikely.

Actual details haven't leaked. Everything that is out there is a compilation of old, out of date rumors and speculation. All we know is theyre going in big with Star Wars, Pixar and some infrastructure.

Enjoy Israel.

Progress.City

It seems quite possible that a version of what is at Disneyland could come to DHS. It looks to be heading in that direction from what I'm hearing. But again we don't know. Wait till D23.
With a $3 billion budget, they could definitely afford that as part of the plan. I'm just suspicious about the idea of removing the stunt show when they can simply add the ride in the current parking lot area. Add an Indiana Jones gift shop and maybe a delicious snake restaurant and maybe an Indiana Jones play area for the kids and bingo you have a nice Indiana Jones Adventures mini-land!

Progress.City

Quick, traveling cliff-notes version.

Yes, $3.5B for the overall. $2.8 Studios. 350 ea MK/EP. (Mazeltov!)

Indy is an old rumor. Very unlikely.

Actual details haven't leaked. Everything that is out there is a compilation of old, out of date rumors and speculation. All we know is theyre going in big with Star Wars, Pixar and some infrastructure.

Enjoy Israel.
That sounds like one or two E-tickets each for MK and EC. That budget could also fix up Future World using current pavilions. The MK portion of it could easily add an expansion area - maybe to Fantasyland or Adventureland. It could also fix up Tomorrowland (including Space Mountian) and add a new small expansion area with a pavilion for a new E-ticket. These are big budgets. So, let's not get our hopes up because if they prove to be untrue, we will be depressed and disappointed. If they prove to be true, it will give me a good reason to return to the U.S. (but no rush because they have to build it all first). Lol

I've been posting pics of my Israel adventure in the chit chat chit chat threat if you're interested.

Last edited:

jt04

Pixar having a dedicated area makes more sense than forcing the IPs into areas where they do not "fit". I would hate to see Toy Story in Fantasyland for instance. I can barely accept Philharmagic in the current location. Wall-E could work in T-Land but barely. A better fit than Stitch though. And the laugh floor is completely miscast in the current location.

The Studios make better sense as Pixar is part of the lasting legacy of Walt Disney. Some will disagree but it is. I think they are going to do a great job with this new configuration. Can't wait for them to draw back the curtains!

yensidtlaw1969

With a $3 billion budget, they could definitely afford that as part of the plan. I'm just suspicious about the idea of removing the stunt show when they can simply add the ride in the current parking lot area. Add an Indiana Jones gift shop and maybe a delicious snake restaurant and maybe an Indiana Jones play area for the kids and bingo you have a nice Indiana Jones Adventures mini-land!
The Indiana Jones Adventure has always been a headache to maintain at both Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea. As great as it is, and as much as we want it, Disney is not interested in building another. Whether they can afford it or not.

doctornick

The Indiana Jones Adventure has always been a headache to maintain at both Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea. As great as it is, and as much as we want it, Disney is not interested in building another. Whether they can afford it or not.

I know it's not highly regarded, but they could always opt to clone the Indy roller coaster from Paris if they wanted to keep something themed to that IP in the park. I don't think it would too tough to do that ride or perhaps something similar/plussed with some indoor scenes. Would keep in line with DHS tended to be the most "thrilling" park at WDW.

Or do something new like a flume ride, which would be a nice addition to DHS which lacks any water rides.

I don't really think Indy is coming though. I do think there's likely to be some stuff outside of just Pixar properties and Star Wars though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom