Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

Sorry I've been away on vacation. Without me reading every page how has a bod meeting at gf with iger gone to a pretty much confirmed 3b$ investment In the studios?

Jimmy Thick

I really don't seem to think Indu is coming. All the usual suspects are questioning the inclusion of Indy in Any expansion rumors...
I thought they were building a Indy themed quick service restaurant? No attraction to mate it with?

Jimmy Thick- Not impossible to envision but hard to believe.

matt9112

$3 billion? That's twice what DCA 2.0 got!

Can you confirm Indiana Jones Adventure coming to DHS? If so, why close the stunt show when they could make a mini-land out of it?

why would they build Indy? we have dinosaur....granted it pales in comparison.

side thought. most cloned attractions differ thematically (IE decor) think tower of terror architecture or the HM because those are generic buildings and such. room to keep it unique. can you made a cloned indy unique?>

MoxHair

You could have IJA and DINOSAUR built next door to each other and the average guest wouldn't know they were almost identical besides the theme. The argument that you can't have them both at the same resort because they share the same technology is silly. I think the bigger reason WDW won't get IJA is because it's a 20 year old ride..

Progress.City

side thought. most cloned attractions differ thematically (IE decor) think tower of terror architecture or the HM because those are generic buildings and such. room to keep it unique. can you made a cloned indy unique?>
Have you been on the Indy ride at DL? Just because it used the same ride system as Dino doesn't make it unnecessary for WDW. That's like saying, EPCOT has Journey into Imagination with Figment (an omnimover) therefore the Haunted Mansion at the MK (another omnimover) is unnecessary.

tman2000

*UPDATE*

Is there any truth? It's from MiceChat.

That sounds like it could be done for $2.8 billion, including new infrastructure. Pixar sounds meh to me, though.

It all sounds rather meh, especially the Star Wars... and the Pixar. I really hope there is no Cars land at all. There are like a dozen PIXAR movies and CA Adventure has Cars done. I'd forgive the cheap carnival rides if they appear in sort of a "PIXAR backlot" play area for kids. But jeez. For $2.8 billion you think you could hire a couple imagineers to make new stuff.

The overall idea is nice, but this execution has me worried. Just like New Fantasyland. Why spend the money if your'e just rehashing stuff? People definitely notice differences between parks, and unique rides attract people back to specific parks.

PhotoDave219

It all sounds rather meh, especially the Star Wars... and the Pixar. I really hope there is no Cars land at all. There are like a dozen PIXAR movies and CA Adventure has Cars done. I'd forgive the cheap carnival rides if they appear in sort of a "PIXAR backlot" play area for kids. But jeez. For $2.8 billion you think you could hire a couple imagineers to make new stuff.

The overall idea is nice, but this execution has me worried. Just like New Fantasyland. Why spend the money if your'e just rehashing stuff? People definitely notice differences between parks, and unique rides attract people back to specific parks.

Well that's because none of that is true.

Edit: well Star Wars is coming and Pixar is coming. But the rest is a compilation of old rumors

HauntedMansionFLA

I know it's not highly regarded, but they could always opt to clone the Indy roller coaster from Paris if they wanted to keep something themed to that IP in the park. I don't think it would too tough to do that ride or perhaps something similar/plussed with some indoor scenes. Would keep in line with DHS tended to be the most "thrilling" park at WDW.

Or do something new like a flume ride, which would be a nice addition to DHS which lacks any water rides.

I don't really think Indy is coming though. I do think there's likely to be some stuff outside of just Pixar properties and Star Wars though.

Overall, a majority of you need to be more skeptical, more discerning and more choosy when it comes to the sources of your rumors.
I've learned through these forums that there are a few members that are spot on with their sources. If they are saying there isn't any information leaked to the public yet, believe them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom