Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

Matt_Black

If rumors are true.
I think it is a mistake to copy the Pixar kiddie rides at California adventure and clone them at DHS.
Also a mistake to create a mini cars land. Go to Disneyland and see the real version of cars land.

For DHS, Create something new and different for the Pixar kiddie rides, create a new Pixar e-ticket.
Let the new DHS park stand on its own with exciting new original lands from both Pixar and Star Wars.

Give people a reason to want to visit both Disneyland and World.

Scaled down version of cars land is weak....cloning a full version of cars land is weak also.
Give the public something new! That is what imagineers do!

We don't even know what they're doing! Even if they make a DHS version of Cars Land, it might very well have unique attractions to reflect the expansion of that franchise, like the Planes universe (the movies are very mediocre, but my 3-year old nephew LOVES Dusty Crophopper).

Capsin4

There is no way those are the 3 additional PP attractions. LAME.
yea. Slinky dog isn't even a minor amusement park attraction. It screams carnival ride. The other rumored PP attractions make more sense and seem more interesting...I'd like to see the rumored MJYJ themed to woody with horse and carriages. Fun ride with a novel implementation.

EDIT: By other I mean in other rumors, not the other rides in this rumor

CinematicFusion

We don't even know what they're doing! Even if they make a DHS version of Cars Land, it might very well have unique attractions to reflect the expansion of that franchise, like the Planes universe (the movies are very mediocre, but my 3-year old nephew LOVES Dusty Crophopper).

I agree with you,I want original. Disney is a big enough company to do that. I don't mind kiddie rides, toddlers and young families need that. Just make it so the new DHS is new and unique and not a clone of California adventure.

Last edited:

flyerjab

After rereading the post, it sounds like a compilation of other rumors yet again.

I have to side with Dave on this.

As the story goes, Disney Management was presented with DHS expansion ideas, mainly Star Wars, and they were told to go back to the drawing board because the plans were not ambitious enough. Almost nothing in that post comes off as ambitious, ground breaking or new. It has been said that the BOD did not want more of the same. That pretty much sounds like more of the same. I will believe nothing about ride specifics with this particular expansion until D23.

gmajew

I have to side with Dave on this.

As the story goes, Disney Management was presented with DHS expansion ideas, mainly Star Wars, and they were told to go back to the drawing board because the plans were not ambitious enough. Almost nothing in that post comes off as ambitious, ground breaking or new. It has been said that the BOD did not want more of the same. That pretty much sounds like more of the same. I will believe nothing about ride specifics with this particular expansion until D23.

I agree if that is the ambitious plan I a,making to be very very sad.

I think elements are going to be true but we are missing the big one.

WDWLover#1

If you think about it part of the Pixar expansion is already underway with the TSMM third track. They could have fast tracked a Star Wars attraction if they really wanted to, but they decided to expand TSMM first, so it wouldn't be surprised to see more Pixar content come online before the major Star Wars adds.
Oh yes I agree entirely

Evolution

I would hope that if they do indeed bring over Cars Land over from DCA, that 1) it's not called Cars Land and Radiator Springs instead and 2) is just a small part of the Pixar expansion. Pixar has so many great properties that have virtually no representation in the parks. I'd like there to be at least 3 more movies represented, other than Toy Story. For example there could be:

Toy Story Playland
Radiator Springs
Monstropolis
Paradise Falls

with each having their own mini section in Pixar Place. Whatever they do, I just hope they don't call it "_____ Land." Try to be a little more creative with naming.

WDWLover#1

I would hope that if they do indeed bring over Cars Land over from DCA, that 1) it's not called Cars Land and Radiator Springs instead and 2) is just a small part of the Pixar expansion. Pixar has so many great properties that have virtually no representation in the parks. I'd like there to be at least 3 more movies represented, other than Toy Story. For example there could be:

Toy Story Playland
Radiator Springs
Monstropolis
Paradise Falls

with each having their own mini section in Pixar Place. Whatever they do, I just hope they don't call it "_____ Land." Try to be a little more creative with naming.
I know we'll see a cars presence of some sort. A direct clone from California is uncertain. Toy story is being expanded; maybe similar to Toy Story play land in HKDL & DLP. I would've to see a monster inc coaster finally get put in. Who knows? Any other insiders hear of anything to do with other Pixar properties apart from TS & cars?

Magenta Panther

Toy Story Playland
Radiator Springs
Monstropolis
Paradise Falls

How about "The Realms of Pixar"?

admiral-ari-x

New poster here! While we're all heated about star wars and Pixar, which i assure you, i am too, I'm more upset about the prospect of them completely removing Muppets. Replacing the show with a newer one is something I am all for, but Muppets are very recognizable/marketable still and it just stings. I've heard rumors about a muppet movie ride- sounds interesting! Here's to hoping that the muppets still have a presence in the park!

HauntedMansionFLA

That information is not out yet.

We don't know.

Anything that is out seems to be a compilation of old or discounted rumors.
Thanks to you and several others in keeping us informed of the progress. I'm just sitting back and waiting now. It would be nice if there was a trade off with DLR and WDW. DLR gets MARVEL (because it will never be built at WDW) and WDW get someone unique like PAradise falls from UP.

PhotoDave219

Thanks to you and several others in keeping us informed of the progress. I'm just sitting back and waiting now. It would be nice if there was a trade off with DLR and WDW. DLR gets MARVEL (because it will never be built at WDW) and WDW get someone unique like PAradise falls from UP.

I am just trying to manage rumors and manage expectations. We're all excited..... And I'm just trying to filter out all the bad information.

PhotoDave219

New poster here! While we're all heated about star wars and Pixar, which i assure you, i am too, I'm more upset about the prospect of them completely removing Muppets. Replacing the show with a newer one is something I am all for, but Muppets are very recognizable/marketable still and it just stings. I've heard rumors about a muppet movie ride- sounds interesting! Here's to hoping that the muppets still have a presence in the park!

You should take what you've heard with a giant grain of salt. We we simply don't know either way.

The Empress Lilly

@Magenta Panther :D

Chef Kronk

I'm a bit lost in this thread.. can anyone tell me if we do already know which rides will be built? :)

Lots of things have been rumored but nothing is confirmed. I hope for some great Pixar and Star Wars rides, along with the Indiana Jones Adventure. Hopefully we find out lots of stuff about DHS at D23:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom