Rudeness!!!!

G-bone

Okay, this one sparked a response from me. lol I am not a small guy, so I have to say that ahead of time. I can stand to lose weight.
You know what REALLY bothers me about some people in those electric carts or chairs? (whatever they are.) BUT, nothing bugs me more than these massive hunks of humanity who are hundreds of pounds overweight who get these carts so they don't have to walk and do this. My feeling is these carts are for folks with legitimate health concerns, not those who are gravitationally challenged. How Rude? I mean seriously, of all the people in the parks who need to walk it's them. Save the chairs for people with health concerns.

Again, I am an overweight person.
(probably gonna regret this post :lookaroun)

This, this, this!!
Then when the bus pulls up at your hotel you have to wait while that walkable-but-overweight person WALKS onto the bus first. Then you have to stand in the 90 plus degree sun while the driver loads the cart for 10 minutes.:shrug:

hrcollectibles

Isn't it in the rules, you cannot reserve chairs? If not then I'm going to go over and reserve my chair at the pool for my june visit now :lookaroun

I understand having the towel and stuff when your at the pool and doing stuff, but reserving a table and chairs at the resort pool for your family while they're at the theme parks... thats a new one for me.

Lol.. Reminds me of a parade that my hometown has... People mark their spots for it months in advance....

memster

I committed an incident of possible rudeness at a play area one day. My DD, who was then 2, was playing on a little snail statue on the ground which was clearly intended for young children or babies. An older boy (maybe 4 or 5?) kept coming over and trying to push her off. I didn't interfere at first because I try to let the kids work things out, but the third time he came over he pushed her all the way off and she fell. I admit it - I snapped and went over to the boy and yelled quite loudly, "Hey! Don't do that!" His mom came over and I immediately apologized because it was not my place to yell at her child like that (it was really loud because I was momma bear angry at this point). She actually said I was perfectly right to yell at him as he was being naughty and she proceeded to take him out of the area for some "discipline." I still felt badly though. I guess sometimes telling people how you really feel doesn't make you feel much better. Then again, maybe that is only when it is a 4 year old :lookaroun:eek:
I always say don't mess with Momma Bear:mad:

828tnt

I had my best "back off" move last trip. There was a little boy behind me spraying me with his mister and stepping on my heels. Now I tried to be nice and asked him and his mother to stop, but it didn't work. So I passed some gas right into his face. :drevil: He backed off pretty quick. It may not be a nice thing to do, but it sure worked.

awesome, awesome, awesome! i think this may finally be the passive-aggressiveness i support!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If everyone was only required to read this thread before entering the parks (or venturing outside their front door), the world would be a much better place.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If everyone was only required to read this thread before entering the parks (or venturing outside their front door), the world would be a much better place.

If people were required to be able to read the parks would be a much better place....

Jimmy Thick

I once saw a group try to get 2 people to give up their seats at Nemo the Musical. The place was full as far as the eyes could see, and at almost the last minute, from what I could hear, 2 people decided to come to the show instead of doing another attraction. Well the biggest guy of this group goes over to the smallest people in the whole set of seats, and asks them to leave and go find different seats so the rest of his group could sit with them. They said no, and the guy did the old, " Look buddy...", then one of those two, told him to f off. And the guy lifted his hands and left them alone. I believe those people who came late were forced to miss the show.

Brought a tear to ole Jimmy's eye.

Jimmy Thick- Stupid is as...

fosse76

This, this, this!!
Then when the bus pulls up at your hotel you have to wait while that walkable-but-overweight person WALKS onto the bus first. Then you have to stand in the 90 plus degree sun while the driver loads the cart for 10 minutes.:shrug:

This just puzzles me. I don't understand why it takes the bus drivers so long to load these people. It doesn't take a New York Bus driver more than two minutes at most to load wheelchairs/scooters, and they probably have to do it less frequently than a Disney bus driver! And I'm sorry, but if you are in a scooter (or wheelchair or whatever), don't take a seat on the bus when you can sit on the scooter. The scooter is already taking three seats away from everyone else.

bjlc57

This, this, this!!

Originally Posted by CaptainJackNO
Okay, this one sparked a response from me. lol I am not a small guy, so I have to say that ahead of time. I can stand to lose weight.
You know what REALLY bothers me about some people in those electric carts or chairs? (whatever they are.) BUT, nothing bugs me more than these massive hunks of humanity who are hundreds of pounds overweight who get these carts so they don't have to walk and do this. My feeling is these carts are for folks with legitimate health concerns, not those who are gravitationally challenged. How Rude? I mean seriously, of all the people in the parks who need to walk it's them. Save the chairs for people with health concerns.

(probably gonna regret this post )

wow.. now talk about rude.. the two posters here..

my wife worked on concrete for 13 years.. and it tore up her knees.. so now she has no cartilidge in either knee.. so this year, because the last time we were there , her pain was beyond belief, we got a cart..

and yes she and I are both heavy.. but its because she can't walk from here to there.. not because we are lazy..

so she rode and I walked.. and no one complained once.. we didn't ask for special treatment.. we waited in line.. but there were times that it was given to us with out us asking..

but to say that some one is paying $50 a day because they don't want to walk is insane.. there is a stigma to this cart.. and you just showed it..

trust me .. we both would have rather did the whole deal without a cart.. but why should we when one was available?
or should we just have stayed home, so that YOU aren't incovienced?

greebomusic

Originally Posted by CaptainJackNO

(probably gonna regret this post )

wow.. now talk about rude.. the two posters here..

my wife worked on concrete for 13 years.. and it tore up her knees.. so now she has no cartilidge in either knee.. so this year, because the last time we were there , her pain was beyond belief, we got a cart..

and yes she and I are both heavy.. but its because she can't walk from here to there.. not because we are lazy..

so she rode and I walked.. and no one complained once.. we didn't ask for special treatment.. we waited in line.. but there were times that it was given to us with out us asking..

but to say that some one is paying $50 a day because they don't want to walk is insane.. there is a stigma to this cart.. and you just showed it..

trust me .. we both would have rather did the whole deal without a cart.. but why should we when one was available?
or should we just have stayed home, so that YOU aren't incovienced?

You should read the entire post of some of the people you quote...
"My feeling is these carts are for folks with legitimate health concerns"

GrannyJill2

I am confused now... Being from NJ I guess I should just stop my bad habit of stopping the line cutters from getting in front of us and idiots saving pool chairs all morning. I guess on my next trip, I will just pull my kids along to the front of the lines as I say I am from NJ and all of us act idiotic and rude.

Way to paint with that broad brush... there are rude folks from everywhere. Take a look nearby... one can't be too far!!!

Dear Dabig: No. I was making a bad joke. I actually love people from New Jersey, and New York, and Boston. And North Carolina, and Georgia, and well, everywhere :wave:

GrannyJill2

Shows like Jersey Shore don't help any.

That being said, don't take these things so harshly, most things being said here are light hearted.

Thanks. I was definitely thinking lighthearted when I mentioned folks from New Jersey. I guess I should have said folks with freckles, or folks with the middle initial E, or something that wouldn't offend our New Jersey friends. I hope Dabigcheez and other NJ residents don't think I'm awful for poking fun. In fact, go ahead and poke fun at Missouri. I can take it. :lol:

stormalong bay

I was a life guard at the Yacht & Beach back in the 90's. We would do our best to make sure that the limited chairs/tables were only being used by people who were actually at the pool.
You could usually tell when the people put their towels on the chairs if they
were planning on staying at the pool or were headed to the parks. And while
we weren't required to say anything to them there were quite a few of us
guards that would usually ask the people who looked "suspicious" in a
nonchalant way if they were going into the pool then or headed to breakfast
or to one of the parks. If they said they were headed to the parks then we
would inform them that due to limited seating they were not allowed to save
chairs.
Occasionally you would get people who argue, but eventually they would
understand.

Mother

This is a little something I'm bringing on the next trip.

http://www.cell-phone-jammers.com/low-cellphonejammer.html#jammer

"Introducing the "new” Tri-Band Mini-Phone jammer the most sophisticated Digital Cellular Mobile Phone Jammer off its class, a mobile device to help you keep away from noise or disturbance of cellular phone calls."

Just give me a Dole Whip, a parkhopper ticket and, the cheerleader competition!:sohappy:

Just as a heads up, these aren't legal to use in Florida (and indeed the US as a whole).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom