Rudeness!!!!

sublimesting

My wife and I always go through this when we're in these type of restaurants both in WDW and in the real world.

She always looks around at the seating then the line and starts to panic -

"should I go save a table!??"
I look at her and say -
"when was the last time we ate a meal standing up?"

You may not get the best seating in the world, but like you said....that's the way these places were designed. If everyone just stays in line you'll have a seat by the time you get done in line.

However these knuckleheads that save tables mess this whole formula up.
Which makes me nervous about the 1 time I dish out my clever little quip to my wife and then we end up not having a place to sit!! God help me.
See I don't think it messes anything up really. If I get a table a few moments before the people in front of me that really shouldn't screw up the formula. Also consider that while I am ordering food my wife is getting condiments, cleaning the table, setting up our child etc. Look at it mathematically: I stand in line for 5 minutes while my wife uses that same 5 minutes to set up our table. Time spent is 5 total minutes. We eat in 20 minutes and thus are done with the process in 25 minutes. OR I order food with my whole familt clogging up the line and getting in everyone's way: 5 minutes, then we go get our condiments etc: 5 minutes: then we find a table and eat for 20 minutes. That whole process takes 30 minutes. So we actually clear out faster.
It doesn't really affect anything if we sit down 5 minutes prior to the folks in front of us (who will probably find atable as well.) The problem is the people who lounge, sit and chat and sip coffee for 20 minutes afterwards to relax out of the heat. The problem is not the folks who are eating and getting the heck out of there, whether they got their tables during the ordfer process or not.

ddrongowski

See I don't think it messes anything up really. If I get a table a few moments before the people in front of me that really shouldn't screw up the formula. Also consider that while I am ordering food my wife is getting condiments, cleaning the table, setting up our child etc. Look at it mathematically: I stand in line for 5 minutes while my wife uses that same 5 minutes to set up our table. Time spent is 5 total minutes. We eat in 20 minutes and thus are done with the process in 25 minutes. OR I order food with my whole familt clogging up the line and getting in everyone's way: 5 minutes, then we go get our condiments etc: 5 minutes: then we find a table and eat for 20 minutes. That whole process takes 30 minutes. So we actually clear out faster.
It doesn't really affect anything if we sit down 5 minutes prior to the folks in front of us (who will probably find atable as well.) The problem is the people who lounge, sit and chat and sip coffee for 20 minutes afterwards to relax out of the heat. The problem is not the folks who are eating and getting the heck out of there, whether they got their tables during the ordfer process or not.
Your thinking is wrong, there are times when CM's will not let you get a table unless you have your food with you. So yes there is a system, and pre-food purchase table saving screws it up. That is why they sometimes actually enforce the system.:eek:

But hey, to each to their own.... Soon people will just take somebodies table, while they are already eating at it. After all it's all about doing what serves you and yours the best. Screw the system and common sense. Sorry for my rudeness (see what I did there? The title of the post...).

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.

You lost me at "math".

Seriously though -- I'm going on personal experience I've never eaten a meal standing up at any WDW restaurant or any local Chipotle.
If we are going to talk about math (oh no what's that pain in my brain) I would guess that there is some kind of system\formula based on seating and capacity,how long it takes to get your food etc. that if everyone stands in line or no one saves a seat (let's not argue all day about 1 person in line taking up space vs. 4 people being able to manager their own order and carry trays and which is better ;) ) there will always be a seat waiting for you when you sit down.

Bottom line we're never going to solve this problem or answer this question. It's fun to debate but at the end of the day it's a first World problem ;) !

Timekeeper

Should guests who bring their own food into the parks be forced to eat in (or prohibited from eating in) specifically designated areas?

draybook

Your thinking is wrong, there are times when CM's will not let you get a table unless you have you food with you. So yes there is a system, and pre-food purchase table saving screws it up. That is why they sometimes actually enforce the system.:eek:

But hey, to each to their own.... Soon people will just take somebodies table, while they are already eating at it. After all it's all about doing what serves you and yours the best. Screw the system and common sense.

No, his thinking is solid and it's the same thing I've been saying. When there are CMs directing traffic then it's during peak seasons so tables would be at a premium anyways.

During off-peak, there's very little chance of my grabbing a table first affecting your party in front of me.

I'd love to see some hard data from anyone that goes. If I can remember I will try to take pictures during our trip in September.

ddrongowski

You lost me at "math".

Seriously though -- I'm going on personal experience I've never eaten a meal standing up at any WDW restaurant or any local Chipotle.
If we are going to talk about math (oh no what's that pain in my brain) I would guess that there is some kind of system\formula based on seating and capacity,how long it takes to get your food etc. that if everyone stands in line or no one saves a seat (let's not argue all day about 1 person in line taking up space vs. 4 people being able to manager their own order and carry trays and which is better ;) ) there will always be a seat waiting for you when you sit down.

Bottom line we're never going to solve this problem or answer this question. It's fun to debate but at the end of the day it's a first World problem ;) !

It probably is not a problem when he goes, after all he is only in line for "5 minutes". I have never experienced a 5 minute line that did not have a lot of empty tables around.
5 minute wait in line = lots of empty tables, not a problem for everyone to get a table.
Normal line wait 10 plus minutes = tables not available and foodless table squatters everywhere.

ddrongowski

Should guests who bring their own food into the parks be forced to eat in (or prohibited from eating in) specifically designated areas?
No, if you already have your food go sit at an available quick service food area. I believe if you tried to go to Crystal Palace, or any other table service eatery the CM's would tell you nicely to leave.

WDW 3

"Foodless table squatter" bwahaha. I fully understand them waiting like that and don't begrudge them. I said it before I personally find it more annoying having the queques stuffed with people either ordering or waiting. When I get my food I want a fairly clear path out and not have to excuse myself past a mass of people because everyone in a familly of 4 or more can wait. I also have never gone when a CM is dictating the seating. I don't think it a rule to be "enforced". Signed an unapologetic FTS.

Mark In KY

"Foodless table squatter" bwahaha. I fully understand them waiting like that and don't begrudge them. I said it before I personally find it more annoying having the queques stuffed with people either ordering or waiting. When I get my food I want a fairly clear path out and not have to excuse myself past a mass of people because everyone in a familly of 4 or more can wait. I also have never gone when a CM is dictating the seating. I don't think it a rule to be "enforced". Signed an unapologetic FTS.
I hate fighting thru a crowd while I'm carrying a tray full of food and drinks. Some of the idiots just stand there and look at you as if you and the tray are a mystery to them.

weird

When it was only my DW and myself, we usually stay in line together to order food, as well as pick it up before we get a table. Now that we have children, I would order and pick up the food myself, as my DW and little ones find a table and get settled. I too do not like having to zig zag around the extra people who are just standing there. Most of the time, it is like an obstacle course. Too many times they've almost caused me to spill a drink, or they bump my tray causing me to almost drop it. Many of them expect you to be able to squeeze through them, and give you an attitude like you are intruding on their space. They tend to block doorways, so it is hard for people to get in and out of the dining area.

My thought has always been, if your group only consists of two people, then stick together to get the food and then find a table (unless you're an elderly couple). If your group is larger than two, then have the rest find a table, and not hang around blocking the way.

On a side note, the CMs behind the counter are usually great. Since my little ones are too young to help me pick up food, I have to do it alone. Sometimes I get stuck with two trays of food to carry, and the CMs behind the counter would offer to help me bring them to the table. Disney CMs are great!

gwhb75

We ate at the the Pinnochio Village Haus last September, and there were CMs at all the entrances to the sitting areas, and they wouldn't let anyone through without a tray of food. I had never seen this before, especially not in September, but the restaurant was pretty busy that day.

LucyK

We usually wait for our food before finding a table but if we're there late I do find a table for my mom to wait for me, she's 70 though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom