Rudeness!!!!

Pooh Lover

If you have small children who, halfway through the line decide they need to use the restroom, then I am all for allowing them to leave and come back. However, that is the only exception I think is permissable. If your entire party isn't with you when you get in line, then don't get in line!

Amen to that!

PurpleDragon

I disagree slightly. If you have small children who, halfway through the line decide they need to use the restroom, then I am all for allowing them to leave and come back. However, that is the only exception I think is permissable. If your entire party isn't with you when you get in line, then don't get in line!

Well what if the little one has a major well... ahem....accident, and the spouse takes him to get cleaned up and the other parent goes ahead and gets in line? Either way its the same scenario but the timing is a little different. I'm always willing to give parents with a young child the benefit of the doubt, but a group of teenagers or adults, there is no way in he__ I'm letting you cut me in line.:p

jennc2001

This year when we were out I notcied a lot of people just walk straight through the door like I'm some sort of door man. This one time at Premium Outlets, I actually got a reaction. I held the door open for a guy coming out of the character warehouse who just walked through with his kid, not even acknowledging, so I did the international 'what gives' gesture and he actually responded and went....'oh thanks'. Maybe not a biggy but it's a pet peeve!

when i do something nice like this and someone doesn't say "thank you" i always yell loudly "you're welcome" just to let them know how rude it was that they didn't even acknowledge me!

jennc2001

I had my best "back off" move last trip. There was a little boy behind me spraying me with his mister and stepping on my heels. Now I tried to be nice and asked him and his mother to stop, but it didn't work. So I passed some gas right into his face. :drevil: He backed off pretty quick. It may not be a nice thing to do, but it sure worked.

OMG....that is the greatest thing i've heard!!! LOL

fosse76

Well what if the little one has a major well... ahem....accident, and the spouse takes him to get cleaned up and the other parent goes ahead and gets in line? Either way its the same scenario but the timing is a little different. I'm always willing to give parents with a young child the benefit of the doubt, but a group of teenagers or adults, there is no way in he__ I'm letting you cut me in line.:p

It's not the same scenario. Either everyone gets in line or no one gets in line. You can't wait the extra couple of minutes for the rest of your party? If the child has an accident in line, by all means go out and come back. But if you aren't in line when the accident occurs, wait until it's cleaned up and you can all go in together. You have no legitimate reason for not waiting in that situation.

Britt

Have to say though, americans are not exempt from this either. We were walking along the 'looooooong' queue to get into Finding Nemo: The Musical, where this mother-daughter combo walked up our heels the whole time then even as we were going in the door, walked in front of us, and ran down the front, then realised they couldn't get down there and tried to push in front of us again.

Unfortunately, rudeness us a multi-national thing. Interestingly, I notice quite often, and this must be a cultural thing but here in the UK, I always hold the door open for people and when they walk through, they say thanks. It's not a biggie, but it's nice when someone says thanks.

This year when we were out I notcied a lot of people just walk straight through the door like I'm some sort of door man. This one time at Premium Outlets, I actually got a reaction. I held the door open for a guy coming out of the character warehouse who just walked through with his kid, not even acknowledging, so I did the international 'what gives' gesture and he actually responded and went....'oh thanks'. Maybe not a biggy but it's a pet peeve!
HUGE pet peeve of mine too!!! I'm teaching my 8 and 6 year old to hold the door for others and its like they either DON'T see them (impossible) or rude enough not to say thank you. Or they just KEEP going instead of trying to take the door from them, the boys end up holding it while huge groups walk past!

Luckily, I'm kind of a loud mouth so I make snarky comments and usually get an "oh...thanks", but here I am trying to teach my little boys manners, when full grown men and women don't seem to have them themselves :/

jkl2000

Ok, that woman in the original post is terrible! (Sorry, just getting on this thread now.)

Our pet peeve is when you go into a fast food restaurant, food court, etc. where all the tables are full, and there are people sitting at tables without their food yet, with someone on line waiting to buy the food. You've already got your food and are walking around looking for a table with none in sight. Don't sit at a table until you've got your food!!!! This is how these places are designed to work, and when people hold tables but don't have their food yet, it greatly reduces the number of usable tables. We had a semi-altercation with a family that was doing this (not at WDW), and finally the table next to them opened up so we could sit down. Before the other family's food even arrived we were finished eating, so those people held a table for no reason during the entire time we ate our meal. I'm a little worried we'll encounter this at the food courts, etc. at WDW.

Holding pool chairs by putting your towels on them is totally bogus, unless you've been actively using the chairs and have just jumped ino the pool, etc. I'm glad to hear the CMs try to curb this a bit.

ddrongowski

I would have had to start yelling SO YOU RESERVED THIS SEAT AND WENT TO THE PARKS! really really loud and continuously, until the idiot walked away.

MOXOMUMD

Ok, that woman in the original post is terrible! (Sorry, just getting on this thread now.)

Our pet peeve is when you go into a fast food restaurant, food court, etc. where all the tables are full, and there are people sitting at tables without their food yet, with someone on line waiting to buy the food. You've already got your food and are walking around looking for a table with none in sight. Don't sit at a table until you've got your food!!!! This is how these places are designed to work, and when people hold tables but don't have their food yet, it greatly reduces the number of usable tables. We had a semi-altercation with a family that was doing this (not at WDW), and finally the table next to them opened up so we could sit down. Before the other family's food even arrived we were finished eating, so those people held a table for no reason during the entire time we ate our meal. I'm a little worried we'll encounter this at the food courts, etc. at WDW.

Holding pool chairs by putting your towels on them is totally bogus, unless you've been actively using the chairs and have just jumped ino the pool, etc. I'm glad to hear the CMs try to curb this a bit.
We had a real problem finding seats at Pecos Bill's at MNSSHP last year. (Didn't help that half the dining area was closed.) There were only two of us. While scanning the dining area I was a little miffed to see two teen girls sitting at one of the larger tables for eight! BUT to my surprise one came over and said we could share their table. They kept explaining it was the only open spot they could find themselves. I was hesitant but just really wanted somewhere to sit down. I know if a place is crowded, and we're cleaning up to leave, I'll motion to whomever may be searching for a table so they see we're leaving. I do hate people who leave their garbage behind. When they do that I wonder what their home kitchen looks like?o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom