Rudeness!!!!

fosse76

This is a little something I'm bringing on the next trip.

http://www.cell-phone-jammers.com/low-cellphonejammer.html#jammer

"Introducing the "new” Tri-Band Mini-Phone jammer the most sophisticated Digital Cellular Mobile Phone Jammer off its class, a mobile device to help you keep away from noise or disturbance of cellular phone calls."

Just give me a Dole Whip, a parkhopper ticket and, the cheerleader competition!:sohappy:
I know you are probably just joking, but in the U.S. it is illegal to operate, manufacture, import, or offer for sale, including advertising, phone jammers. You can be fined up to $11,000 and possibly imprisoned for up to one year.[

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I know you are probably just joking, but in the U.S. it is illegal to operate, manufacture, import, or offer for sale, including advertising, phone jammers. You can be fined up to $11,000 and possibly imprisoned for up to one year.[

In defense of westie, the site is from India. Including a link to a site is no different than googling the same item.

What's is interesting is their "Disclaimer" at the bottom of the page!
We have already shipped over 1000 jammers to USA, UK and Europe in last six months to many satisfied customers. Our cell phone jammers are also being used by US Military Officers in Iraq !!!
Our Jammers are being used in USA for boosting work productivity by small factory owners.
Even Professors in US universities are using our jammers to discourage mis-use of cellphones in class rooms by students.

PLEASE NOTE WE CAN SELL ANY CELL PHONE JAMMER TO ANY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
WE DO NOT HAVE ANY RESTRICTIONS TO SHIP JAMMERS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD

stuart

Okay, so we went this past weekend to WDW for a family friend's wedding. We went Fri -Sun. Saturday afternoon, me, my mother, and my 8th month decide to go to the kiddie pool (we stayed at the Boardwalk). We go about 1:30pm and it's packed. Every chair has a towel/clothes, etc. on it. My mom stands under a tree while we play in the pool. After about 20 min. the pool attendant comes and cleans off the majority of the towels on the chairs not being used. i motion to my mother. She sits down and then my father comes to join us. Well after about 10 min. A lady walks up and bluntly tells my mother that she reserved the table and all those chairs with her towels and magazines and she wants to know where they are at? My mom states that the attendant took up the towels and her magazines. She then proceeds to tell us that she has reserved the area since 8am for when she came back from the park! WHAT????? Finally my mom just got up and left before she became confrontational. You can't reserve a giant section at any pool at 8am go to a park and expect it to be there when you get back. Am I wrong? She was so rude and inconsiderate. It's Disney on Easter weekend, SHARE!!! Anyone else deal with rude people at WDW?

Maybe for your future trip, and that of the others in the previous 10 pages who have had similar pool experiences - myself included - why not buy the following item?

http://www.presentsformen.co.uk/brand/3/product-PFM-Reserved-Towel-9193/

Pooh Lover

Being that it was at WDW, and I can get worked up about stuff during the rest of my life, I would've let it slide and moved on.

I really wish I could be more like this. I can get so worked up about line cutters, people who are loud and obnoxious during rides and the general rude behaviour I see that it really actually ruins parts of my vacations. For those of you who just let it roll off your backs, how in the world do you do it?

Courtney1188

If they catch you! :p

And I'm actually not being sarcastic...one of my family members got one shipped over from another country and uses it when the person in front of you in line is taking forever because they're on the phone and not listening to a cashier, talking obnoxiously loud in a restaurant, at the movies, etc. Handy little thing, lol

ABigBrassBand

If they catch you! :p

And I'm actually not being sarcastic...one of my family members got one shipped over from another country and uses it when the person in front of you in line is taking forever because they're on the phone and not listening to a cashier, talking obnoxiously loud in a restaurant, at the movies, etc. Handy little thing, lol

Haha, that sounds pretty useful xP, for those cliche situations in the elevators with the businessmen. Too bad its illegal :(

MagicMegan

Originally Posted by CaptainJackNO
Okay, this one sparked a response from me. lol I am not a small guy, so I have to say that ahead of time. I can stand to lose weight.
You know what REALLY bothers me about some people in those electric carts or chairs? (whatever they are.) BUT, nothing bugs me more than these massive hunks of humanity who are hundreds of pounds overweight who get these carts so they don't have to walk and do this. My feeling is these carts are for folks with legitimate health concerns, not those who are gravitationally challenged. How Rude? I mean seriously, of all the people in the parks who need to walk it's them. Save the chairs for people with health concerns.

Again, I am an overweight person.
(probably gonna regret this post )

wow.. now talk about rude.. the two posters here..

my wife worked on concrete for 13 years.. and it tore up her knees.. so now she has no cartilidge in either knee.. so this year, because the last time we were there , her pain was beyond belief, we got a cart..

and yes she and I are both heavy.. but its because she can't walk from here to there.. not because we are lazy..

so she rode and I walked.. and no one complained once.. we didn't ask for special treatment.. we waited in line.. but there were times that it was given to us with out us asking..

but to say that some one is paying $50 a day because they don't want to walk is insane.. there is a stigma to this cart.. and you just showed it..

trust me .. we both would have rather did the whole deal without a cart.. but why should we when one was available?
or should we just have stayed home, so that YOU aren't incovienced?

You had a legitimate reason for her having a cart, but don't try to say that there aren't people who get a scooter just to get it and get the perks of it.

Courtney1188

Haha, that sounds pretty useful xP, for those cliche situations in the elevators with the businessmen. Too bad its illegal :(

Yeah, I think you'd have to be pretty bold about it to actually get arrested for one. Walk around with it on all the time and I'm sure it would happen. But when you save it for the really obnoxious people when no one else around is on a phone...it's super funny watching them wave their phone around trying to get a signal.

loveofamouse

For me, Im lucky I married a guy that can be as much of a headstrong @$$ as me :) We dont let people skip and loudly let them know it's not going to work.

Alot of times, these people will stop if someone said something to them. To me, it's one thing if it's a child or just one person joining a group. It's another when it's a group joining a person.

As for the wheelchair/cart thing, Although there are many legitimate users, there are many others who arent. I've seen people switching between who rides. I saw a group get the stroller+wheelchair sticker and put it on a double rental stroller for two kids who had no mobility problems just so they didn't have to make the 5 and 6yr olds get out for attractions. They were even laughing about it.

ABigBrassBand

For me, Im lucky I married a guy that can be as much of a headstrong @$$ as me :)

Thats a very attractive quality :lol:, just imagine those dating sites having that as an option for finding a partner. I also get some joy out of bringing justice to the lines at theme parks, because it happens all the time :-/

tjnpd116

(nope. if someone cuts in line, i say hockey rules apply....... drop the gloves and one on one.........followed by 5 in the penalty box.)
I agree with that.
I just came back from an 8 day trip 5/15 to 5/22, and saw just about everything mentioned here, but the one that got me on this trip is what happened to men giving up there seat for women. we were at dhs and after fatasmic I had carried our 3 year old ds all of the way out of the park due to he was sleeping. While waiting for the bus my wife gave me a break and took our son about the same time the bus pulled up. we got on the bus and all the seats were taken, and not one person offered her a seat. I took our son back and did my best to hold him, and hold on to the rail. I made it but my wife had to catch me from falling a few times when the bus turned and when it was stopping. This was at the begining of our week and it didn't get better as it went on. I was the only one I saw all week offer their seat to a women.
With the holding the door open, i usually let them get right past me and then loudly say, Your Welcome. only once have i had someone continue walking without saying anything back to me. Most of the time they turn around and thank me for holding the door open.

loveofamouse

(nope. if someone cuts in line, i say hockey rules apply....... drop the gloves and one on one.........followed by 5 in the penalty box.)
I agree with that.
I just came back from an 8 day trip 5/15 to 5/22, and saw just about everything mentioned here, but the one that got me on this trip is what happened to men giving up there seat for women. we were at dhs and after fatasmic I had carried our 3 year old ds all of the way out of the park due to he was sleeping. While waiting for the bus my wife gave me a break and took our son about the same time the bus pulled up. we got on the bus and all the seats were taken, and not one person offered her a seat. I took our son back and did my best to hold him, and hold on to the rail. I made it but my wife had to catch me from falling a few times when the bus turned and when it was stopping. This was at the begining of our week and it didn't get better as it went on. I was the only one I saw all week offer their seat to a women.
With the holding the door open, i usually let them get right past me and then loudly say, Your Welcome. only once have i had someone continue walking without saying anything back to me. Most of the time they turn around and thank me for holding the door open.

I was questioning that a few years ago. Now, ordinarily, I saw women can stand just as easily as a man BUT a pregnant woman or a woman holding a child is just bit different. (And a pregnant man or man holding a child should get curtesy, too ;) ):D

As for the door thing, I have been told this is a Northern problem. In the South, I hardly see anyone taking advantage of door holding or NOT saying thank you. It's the norm and expected. In fact, you'll get the opposite. Here, you'll get dirty looks by everyone if you DONT hold the door lol but I have friends from the north who have said it's not common up there. They said that it's figured if you held the door, that was your own thing and life goes on. lol. So, my point being, the door thing could be a clash in culture. That said, I think it's rude when people don't hold doors or don't say thank you just smiling would be acceptable :ROFLOL:

draybook

I agree with that.

You should go when we go, then you and I would be the only two men offering seats. I won't offer my seat to a woman or senior citizen, I will demand that they take it.

I was questioning that a few years ago. Now, ordinarily, I saw women can stand just as easily as a man BUT a pregnant woman or a woman holding a child is just bit different. (And a pregnant man or man holding a child should get curtesy, too ;) ):D

As for the door thing, I have been told this is a Northern problem. In the South, I hardly see anyone taking advantage of door holding or NOT saying thank you. It's the norm and expected. In fact, you'll get the opposite. Here, you'll get dirty looks by everyone if you DONT hold the door lol but I have friends from the north who have said it's not common up there. They said that it's figured if you held the door, that was your own thing and life goes on. lol. So, my point being, the door thing could be a clash in culture. That said, I think it's rude when people don't hold doors or don't say thank you just smiling would be acceptable :ROFLOL:

Your South is much nicer than mine. Here in Mississippi and Tennessee, you're expected to hold the door open and with the exception of some older folks, you won't hear a single thank you.

mgoldie

took my family to WDW this past week (5/16-5/23). I noticed a trend in line cutting. The single family member - typically the dad - who stands in line. 10-15 minutes later, 2-5 more people push their way through line (sometimes politely, sometimes not) to meet up with "dad." People seem to accept this because they don't want to break up the family.

I can't count the number of times a mom with two or three kids pushed past me with a quick, "excuse me," and a point to her waving husband.

The same was true for autograph lines. My wife, daughter and I stood in line at DHS during Star Wars weekend behind a dad while his wife stood in another autograph line. The kids would race back and forth depending on which line was moving faster.

Maybe this is the way to do it, but I’ve always had a problem with “line saving.”

PurpleDragon

took my family to WDW this past week (5/16-5/23). I noticed a trend in line cutting. The single family member - typically the dad - who stands in line. 10-15 minutes later, 2-5 more people push their way through line (sometimes politely, sometimes not) to meet up with "dad." People seem to accept this because they don't want to break up the family.

I can't count the number of times a mom with two or three kids pushed past me with a quick, "excuse me," and a point to her waving husband.

The same was true for autograph lines. My wife, daughter and I stood in line at DHS during Star Wars weekend behind a dad while his wife stood in another autograph line. The kids would race back and forth depending on which line was moving faster.

Maybe this is the way to do it, but I’ve always had a problem with “line saving.”

I think line saving is okay to an extent. If its a single person holding a place in line for themselves and 1-2 additional people, then I don't mind, because 1-2 more bodies are not going to affect my wait in line since they will all end up on the same ride vehicle anyway. Besides that I'm a parent myself, I can understand having to take kids to the potty at inopportune times(i.e while waiting in line). However if its a single person holding a place in line for 5 or more additional people, then it becomes a major problem for me.

DisneyLeo18

This is incorrect, at least in my area. Usually it is considered VERY rude to not hold the door for some one, and you will usually get a dirty look in return.

loveofamouse

Your South is much nicer than mine. Here in Mississippi and Tennessee, you're expected to hold the door open and with the exception of some older folks, you won't hear a single thank you.

Well.....Mississippi and Tennessee are a little "different" lmao j/k :ROFLOL:

fosse76

I think line saving is okay to an extent. If its a single person holding a place in line for themselves and 1-2 additional people, then I don't mind, because 1-2 more bodies are not going to affect my wait in line since they will all end up on the same ride vehicle anyway. Besides that I'm a parent myself, I can understand having to take kids to the potty at inopportune times(i.e while waiting in line). However if its a single person holding a place in line for 5 or more additional people, then it becomes a major problem for me.

I disagree slightly. If you have small children who, halfway through the line decide they need to use the restroom, then I am all for allowing them to leave and come back. However, that is the only exception I think is permissable. If your entire party isn't with you when you get in line, then don't get in line!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom